Coupons.com Incorporated is the leader in digital coupons, including online printable, social, mobile and loyalty card promotions. The company is the driving force in transforming the multi-billion dollar coupon industry and ushering it into the digital world. For decades, the Sunday newspaper has been the dominant distribution method for coupons, but as the reach of the newspaper declines and a growing number of consumers are online, more and more consumers and brands alike are looking to digital. Today, Coupons.com and its digital coupons network is far and away the largest provider of digital coupons.
The company’s goal is to provide coupons everywhere a brand has the opportunity to interact with a consumer across the digital domain. Coupons.com is not only shifting the multi-billion dollar Sunday coupon insert market online, it is also expanding both the supply of coupons, by using the power of the Internet to lower the cost of entry for coupon issuers, and increasing the demand for coupons, by introducing a whole new consumer demographic to coupons via the Internet, social media, and mobile phones. Coupons.com already enables clients’ coupon promotions in web pages, email campaigns, social media initiatives, mobile devices, store kiosks, shopping carts, consumer electronics and more. The company intends to expand that reach further across the digital landscape—anywhere there is a digital connection to consumers creating a digital marketplace where brands, retailers and consumers can connect at every step along the consumer’s path to purchase. The possibilities are endless…
Company Fast Facts:
- Coupons.com is the 42nd largest website in the U.S. (Nielsen, March 2012).
- Affiliate network reach: Tens of thousands of sites across the web, including retailer sites (grocery, drug and mass) that span 52,000 store locations as well as lifestyle and recipe sites to coupons/savings blogs.
- The company enables digital marketing initiatives, including social and mobile programs, for thousands of the world’s top brands.
- Approximately 500 employees with headquarters in Mountain View, California and European headquarters in Hammersmith, UK.
Industry Fast Facts:
- First coupon issued by Coca-Cola Company in 1888.
- 305 billion coupons (valued at $470 billion) distributed via all mediums in 2011.
- 3.5 billion coupons (saving consumers $4.6 billion) were redeemed in 2011, up 6.1 percent over 2010.
- Reach of newspapers in the U.S. has steady declined for more than 15 years from 70 percent of U.S. households in 1994 to 40 percent in 2010.
- Data shows that users of digital coupons have higher household incomes, have larger households, are better educated, shop more frequently and spend more each month on groceries than users of newspaper coupons and the general population overall, dispelling the perceived low-brow stigma of couponing. These demographic characteristics are attractive to coupon issuers.
- Poor economic environment is a primary factor in increased coupon use by consumers and brands. However, research shows that consumers intend to continue to use coupons even after the economy improves.
We love our employees like a savvy shopper loves a coupon, and we’re committed to offering them and their families a comprehensive health and wellness package. We have a highly competitive set of benefits and some of Silicon Valley’s most creative and appreciated perks (daily catered lunch, anyone?).
Our campus is equipped with espresso machines, a variety of game room entertainment, an enviable assortment of free snacks and beverages, plus fresh fruit is delivered every morning. We describe our dress code as business casual, but jeans aren’t just for Fridays—they’re welcome every day of the week. By the way, so is your furry friend; we love our pets and maintain a dog-friendly campus.
We know your time is precious, so we have an onsite dry cleaning and shoe repair service, and onsite trainers to go with our onsite gym. Additionally, every employee receives a membership with Inspirato, a private vacation club that offers exclusive vacation packages and a Personal Vacation Advisor.
These are just some of the benefits and perks employees enjoy.
See more of our culture and benefits here.
At Coupons.com, we hire talented people who are great at what they do. We also know that to be truly great at anything, you have to love doing it. Our culture here is all about creating an environment where people can be their best, working together with others, all loving what they do, who they do it with and where they are doing it. This means an environment focused on trust, respect, pride and fun.
We’re looking for bright, enthusiastic individuals with the highest standards and a passion for success. Our team of employees has helped build a fast-growing, entrepreneurial organization that prides itself on innovation, intelligence, and world-class technology.
Check out our open positions below. If you don’t see a position that matches your skills, submit a general application to let us know how you can make a difference at Coupons.com. You can also sign up for job notification emails that will alert you when a position becomes available in your field of interest.
Coupons.com offers a wide range of products and services for consumers, brand marketers (including manufacturers and retailers), publishers (including large and micro publishers) and developers.
- Our flagship site, Coupons.com, is a leading destination for digital coupons and offers on the Web. We help consumers save at grocery, drugstores, specialty retail, restaurants and more. Our company offers one of the largest selections of digital and mobile coupons, including digital printable coupons and save to loyalty card coupons. Consumers also can easily access thousands of promotional coupon codes to shop online, find exclusive offers from top brands, or save at restaurants and stores in your neighborhood. Millions of shoppers enjoy our Coupons.com app for iOS and Android, as well as our award-winning Grocery IQ app, which helps people create shopping lists, find coupons, locate stores, and more.
- Grocery iQ is the hugely popular shopping-list app that allows users to create, organize and share shopping lists, and find and use coupons. Grocery iQ has been recommended by numerous national publications and broadcast outlets such as Oprah, The Today Show, The CBS Early Show, Forbes, USA Today, The New York Times and The Chicago Tribune, and even used on the reality TV show Top Chef Masters. Grocery iQ is free and available for iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets, and has a web complement at www.groceryiq.com.
For Brand Marketers:
- Digital FSI Network
Delivering digital coupons to millions of consumers each month, the Digital FSI Network is comprised of Coupons.com and our thousands of partner and affiliate sites, including leading grocery, drug and mass retailers as well as premier media and lifestyle sites. Our network provides the reach to scale your brand’s digital promotions. Engage consumers with offers available via the web, mobile, social or in-store and empower shoppers with the ability to choose how they save. Consumers can activate their coupons via their preferred method of delivery, whether loading an offer on-the-go to their loyalty card or profile or selecting and printing a coupon at home. Additionally, millions of followers and their friends are reached by leveraging Coupons.com’s social channels to promote your offers at no additional cost.
Our Bricks solution integrates coupons with your existing interactive marketing programs, allowing you to coupon-enable elements of your promotional program, including websites, banner ads, social media, newsletters and emails. Use Bricks to:
- Drive visitor registrations
- Build customer profiles
- Reward market survey responses
- Drive loyalty programs
- Introduce new products
- Branded Microsite
A branded microsite is an interactive product built and powered by Coupons.com. This solution aggregates all of your coupon offers into a single location accessible from your company website.
Enhancing your website with coupon offers can transform your site into a meaningful destination for consumers. Having easy access to a gallery of money-saving offers helps motivate consumers to return to your site and learn more about your products, providing opportunities to build loyal relationships with your brand.
- Brandcaster® Social
Optimize your brand’s social media strategy by delivering digital offers with Brandcaster Social. Our turnkey social app is an easily integrated, customizable and trackable solution ideal for:
- Introducing new products
- Driving trial
- Increasing brand awareness
- Rewarding loyal consumers
- Building a fan page base
- See more details here.
- Digital Offer Platform
Coupons.com’s digital offer platform integrates with your point of sale system and website to provide consumers with shopping and savings utility. Designed to increase store traffic and sales, it delivers a superior experience for your customers through:
- Multiple Touch Point Engagement – The platform engages your customers across multiple touchpoints with offers available via the web, mobile, social or in-store. By incorporating our platform, we help you power the coupon gallery on your website and mobile app. We also have many other engagement solutions such as shopping lists, CRM and digital ad banners that help you engage with your shoppers via your digital channels.
- Offer Delivery Choice – Coupons.com’s platform enables your customers to activate their Coupons through their preferred method, whether loading an offer to their loyalty card or alternate profile or selecting and printing a coupon.
- Proven Reliability – Our platform is proven and tested ensuring that your customers can engage with offers and benefit from savings at the critical moments when they are choosing which products they will buy and where they will shop.
- Brandcaster Social
Utilize our turnkey Brandcaster Social app to build retailer-focused social events that help drive trips to your store. Hosted on your Facebook fan page, the app encourages customers to share offers and deals with their friends.
Communicate your marketing message with our retailer-specific display ads. The ability to message shoppers based on their purchase history or defined geographies helps drive trips to your store and increase basket size.
Utilize Digital Printables to reach millions of unique monthly shoppers visiting Coupons.com and our partner and affiliate sites and drive shoppers in-store.2 All Digital Printable offers automatically extend to the Coupons.com Mobile app and Coupons.com’s mobile-optimized site, helping you reach on-the-go shoppers across multiple touchpoints. Shoppers simply add offers to their digital wallets or pull them up to redeem at checkout.
- Coupon Codes
Drive ecommerce traffic and sales with digital paperless offers that consumers redeem online or via mobile.
Boost revenue and site visits with relevant, name-brand offers by joining the Coupons.com Brandcaster program. Coupons.com offers publishers a unique opportunity to earn money by placing contextually-relevant coupon offers from the most popular brands on your website. You earn money for coupons printed from your Brandcaster Savings Center or Ad Units.* Learn more here.
* Subject to certain restrictions. Please see the Brandcaster Program Terms & Conditions for complete details.
- Grocery iQ® App
Our award-winning grocery list making app, Grocery iQ, gets your brand front and center at the critical first step in the path to purchase: the grocery list. By running a campaign on our site, your brand extends its reach onto the mobile coupon gallery at no additional cost. Our Mobile Sponsorship also gives your brand 100% share of voice on Grocery iQ as part of every Brand Sponsorship.
- Coupons.com Mobile App
Our savings app is a one-stop shop for all restaurant, specialty retail and grocery offers, including in-store coupons, Passbook offers, coupon codes, local deals and digital grocery coupons. All offers running on Coupons.com automatically appear in the app. Our Mobile Sponsorship also gives your brand 100% share of voice on Coupons.com Mobile as part of every Brand Sponsorship.
- Coupons.com Mobile Web
Available from any smartphone or tablet web browser, this mobile-friendly version of our site makes it easy for consumers to find and print offers.
- See more details here.
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Coupons.com full-time (more than an year)Pros
Benefits are amazing, culture is great, morale is funCons
Not sure how other departments are, but our bonus structure changed recently and its not nearly as good anymore. Very little payout and dependent on another departments performance as well.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Coupons.com.Interview Details
Initial communication happened 1 day after I applied. Interview process was very intense for an "entry level" type of job. I believe I interviewed with a total of 6-7 people. I feel like that is way too much for a non-executive level job. I've heard of less interviewing for a $100k+ job.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsI was not able to get anything additional than what they offered.Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
- Discuss a time when you had a difficult situation with a co-worker or boss. Answer Question
Coupons.com Incorporated is a leader in digital coupons. We operate a promotion platform that connects great brands and retailers with consumers through Web, mobile and social channels. Our company is transforming the multi-billion dollar promotions industry into the digital world.
Our main site, Coupons.com, receives more than 17 million unique visitors a month on average, and millions of consumers our popular Coupons.com and Grocery iQ mobile apps. Coupons.com Incorporated generated revenue from over 1.3 billion transactions in 2013.