Where do you want to go?
Are you passionate about your career and being a valued individual?
Cox Media Group, a division of Cox Enterprises, might be just the place for you, as we're passionate about our employees being themselves and making us better. We believe employees are our most important resource, and that's why we hire the best and brightest.
We strive to create an environment that is diverse and inclusive, entrepreneurial, nurtures personal development and builds on unique talents. As part of the Cox Enterprises family, you don't just have a job, but the opportunity to grow and advance across dynamic business, including television and radio broadcasting, broadband communications (including cable TV), newspaper publishing, automobile auctions and online marketplaces.
We believe employees are our most important resource, and that's why we hire the best and brightest. It is with this belief that we strive to create an environment that is entrepreneurial, nurtures personal development and builds on unique talents. At Cox, you don't just have a job, but the opportunity to grow and advance across many dynamic industries.
Our Culture, Our People
At Cox Media Group, we compete with our products and win with our people.
- CMG professionals excel at delivering great products that connect with the needs of our customers.
- We believe that everyone has a role to play in our company’s success story.
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion ensures that CMG cultivates talent, innovation, creativity and experiences that make us the most essential local media source in every market we serve.
- Be Yourself. Make Us Better. At CMG, we know that innovation thrives in a diverse and inclusive workplace where employees can be "their best selves." Our work culture is one that is entrepreneurial, nurtures personal development and builds on everyone's unique talents.
- Growth, experience and training. When you join CMG, we'll ensure any move and onboarding is easy. We will work with you to help you reach your full potential through ongoing career development programs. We are committed to ongoing training throughout your career and to hiring from within.
- You can be extremely successful and receive unheard-of benefits. Cox awards enterprising and motivated employees in both compensation and a generous benefits package that includes robust health benefits, paid time off, and 401K. Eligible employees also qualify for a pension.
- The media business is fast-paced and exciting! Working in radio, TV, newspapers and digital media is fun, exciting and fast-paced. You have the opportunity to be creative as well as participate in market events. You will often have access to the hottest tickets in town and your friends and family will think you are in "show business!"
- Be a part of a winning team. We're leaders. Our television and radio stations and local newspapers are often the No. 1 and No. 2 rated media in their markets. With our integrated portfolio of top-rated media properties, we combine our content expertise with customized marketing solutions, helping our clients reach their exact target audience and goals, which further drives our success.
- Our culture. Employees are our most important resource. Our customers are our lifeblood. We embrace new technology and invest in new business opportunities.
- Our commitment to the communities we serve. We believe it is good business to be good citizens of the communities we serve through volunteerism and financial support. You will have the opportunity to get involved locally with your co-workers to make a difference in your CMG community, whether it's lending a hand in food or toy drives or other local charities.
- Our history. Cox Enterprises was founded in 1898 by former schoolteacher and reporter James M. Cox, whose ambition was to own a newspaper. His success with the newspaper led him into public service. He subsequently became Ohio's first three-term governor and the 1920 Democratic nominee for president of the United States. It was Gov. Cox's entrepreneurial spirit that began the long journey of building what has become one the largest media companies in the United States.
- Cox is a family-owned and privately-held company. This allows us to make the best decisions for the company vs. Wall Street. In addition to Cox Media Group, Cox Enterprises, Inc., has other subsidiaries: Cox Communications (cable & broadband communications), Manheim (vehicle remarketing services) and AutoTrader.com (world's largest online auto marketplace).
- You can build a career here. Many Cox employees have worked for the company for more than 20 years. That is unheard of today. At Cox, you don't just have a job, but the opportunity to grow and advance across many dynamic industries in locations throughout the country and the world.
Cox Media Group informs, inspires, entertains and improves the communities we serve, and we do it with speed, passion and courage. We compete with our products but win with our people.
- Our CMG professionals excel at producing top-rated news, information, coupons, entertainment and strategic business solutions for our customers.
- Everyone has a role to play as we take our great brands into the digital future.
- Our commitment to diversity & inclusion ensures that CMG cultivates talent, innovation, creativity and experiences that help us compete for years to come.
At Cox Media Group, we want employees to be themselves and make us better. We operate strong, profitable businesses, and our people thrive because individual points of view, experience and expression are valued. Together, our creative and strategic minds will discover new ways to shape and craft our customers' experience, create brand loyalty and build communities.
Our employees help us stay a step ahead in our industries. So, we want pay and benefits to keep them a step ahead as well, both at work and at home. We invest in the success of employees and their families by offering a variety of benefits programs that help meet their health, wealth, living and career needs.
To your health and wellness
- Flex benefits for medical, vision and dental plans
- Life insurance for you, your spouse, and your children
- Business travel life insurance
- Tax-free health and dependent care spending account
- Short & long term disability
Life, at work
- Employee assistance program
- Pension plan
- 401k plan with company matching
- Adoption assistance
- Paid time off and holidays
- CMG University offers hundreds of free online courses
- Tuition reimbursement (at some companies)
Offers and discounts – the perks!
- Employee discount programs from great retailers (Dell, GM, Ford, and Apple to name a few)
Location-specific benefits tailored to your neck of the woods
How do you know you're with an industry leader? You'll see that it encourages creativity, inclusion and calculated risk taking in its employees. That it dedicates itself to its customers' needs. That it seizes new business opportunities when the time is right. And, it does what's right for its community.
For some corporations, these concepts make good PR sound bites. But at Cox, they're the company values that guide us in every decision we make:
- Our employees are our most important resource. We encourage entrepreneurship and initiative. We recognize and reward achievement.
- We are committed to having a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We embrace and foster an environment that builds on the unique talents that come from a variety of people and perspectives.
- Our customers are our lifeblood. We're dedicated to building lasting relationships with them and meeting their needs with high-quality service beyond their expectations.
- We embrace new technology to give our customers the variety and quality of services they demand.
- We invest in new business opportunities with a mixture of caution and initiative, to enhance our growth.
- We believe it's good business to be good citizens of the communities we serve through volunteerism and financial support.
- We are committed to helping shape a better world through responsible company and individual actions.
The Digital Talent Program is designed for scholars to contribute to Cox Media Group through digital innovation on project-based assignments where excellence manifests in the digital context. The CMG Digital Talent Program is a highly competitive program in the digital industry for a diverse group of recently graduated students. This program is for those eligible to work in the U.S., who have demonstrated superior academic achievement, are committed to a career in digital media and show promise of future achievement as a digital leader. The anticipated tenure is for up to one year and selected students are expected to complete the program successfully.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America’s leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company’s operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 57 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 30 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million print and online newspaper readers, and more than 14 million radio listeners.
2013 Key Metrics
Revenue: $1.7 billion
- Daily Newspapers: 8
- Non-Daily Newspapers: 16
- TV Stations: 14
- Local Cable Channels: 1
- Television Markets: 10
- TV Viewer Reach: more than 30 Million
- AM Radio Stations: 10
- FM Radio Stations: 47
- Radio Markets: 11
- Combined Weekly Radio Listeners: more than 14 Million
Users interacted with CMG’s digital products across all platforms – newspaper, radio, TV, Valpak and Savings.com – nearly 900 million times in 2013.
Employees: More than 7,500
Goals & Mission
At CMG, we want to be the most essential local media source in our markets. We deliver great products that connect with the needs of our customers, and we are evolving our super brands into the digital future. Collectively, we compete with our products and win with our people.
With our integrated portfolio of top-rated media properties, combined with our creative and customized marketing solutions, Cox Media Group can help you effectively direct the sale of goods and services to your exact target audience.
Cox Media Group is a fully integrated media solutions company that partners with you to create, define, devise and deliver the best solutions. Our strategists – both local and national – are the architects of customized, creative and effective marketing solutions that meet your specific goals. Leveraging our extensive market knowledge along with the best research division in the industry, we will tailor the right blend of digital, television, radio, print, direct mail and other local services to help you maximize your sales and build your brand.
Cox Media Group Photos
- Featured Review
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Cox Media Group part-time (More than 5 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Make new friends everyday and supervisors always have your back. Learn a lot as long as you pay attention. I have gained a lot of experience and have amazing people in my corner from networking
With the industry evolving, always be prepared for the unexpected
Advice to Management
Always stay ahead of the competition
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Cox Media Group (Dunwoody, GA) in March 2015.
Started with a phone screen with the development manager to access basic skills. I was asked to perform an interesting technical challenge to see how I code. This was submitted within about a week. After a few days I had a group interview with five individuals from various departments in Cox Media Group.
- Technical challenge that requires several days work Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America’s leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings. The company’s operations currently ...
Mission: We compete with our products, and win with our people.