Creative Channel Services
Started with a 'Big Idea': The People that Inspire and Inform Shoppers at the Critical Moment of Purchase.
Who's helping the people who help shoppers?
It was 1995: Hootie & the Blowfish was topping the charts, Toy Story was amazing kids of all ages and the ‘Rachel ‘do’ was forever imprinted on our collective memory.
These times also brought an explosion of technologies that were becoming truly accessible, everyday ‘consumer electronics.’ And that meant consumers were being given a lot of choices, but not enough information to make the right decisions. Enter the need for expert advice - and the importance of the recommendation at the moment of purchase.
Working in the retail distribution channel at that time, CCS’ ambitious founders saw the future, realizing that though these ‘retail pros’ - geeks, gurus, experts, sales associates - represented an incredibly powerful tipping point for shoppers, brands and retailers, they weren’t being given the proper attention they needed and deserved.
With the unique philosophy and strategy of serving the ‘people at the point of purchase’ at the heart of the vision, we came together with two goals in mind. Our mission was to make retail better by educating and elevating the effectiveness of ‘retail pros’ who have the power to connect consumers with the right brand and product. And, of course, we were inspired to build a truly great, enduring company that is good for business and good for people.
Fast forward to today. We’re very proud of the millions of retail pros who we’ve helped better serve consumers, the hundreds of global brands and retailers whose businesses we’ve made stronger, the thousands of CCS teammates we’ve worked side-by-side with, and the countless millions of shoppers we’ve helped pick the right smartphone, TV, dishwasher, tires, notebook, power tools and thousands of other products.
Our Mission: To make retail better and improve people's lives through informed and inspired shopping.
That's Our Mission today, and it was when we began in 1995: for the better part of two decades, we've been inspired to collaborate with our brand and retailer partners, for the purpose of connecting consumers with the service and support they need at the critical moments of recommendation and purchase.
- Track Record of Success: Over the past 18 years, Creative Channel Services (CCS) has built the world's most successful network of Retail Pro Influencers, connecting hundreds of leading brands (including 13 of the top 40 Global Brands), with hundreds of thousands retail store associates and millions of consumers.
- Strategic Retailer Partnerships: Our exclusive partnerships with the world's largest retailers, such as Walmart, Best Buy and Sears, along with our proprietary engagement model, power our ability to target and mobilize hundreds of thousands of influential retail pros.
- Best In Class with Global Capabilities: An Omnicom Group Company (NYSE: OMC), the world's leading advertising and marketing communications company, providing world class services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
"Vision 2020": Our three Core Beliefs that clarify why we exist, our desired future state and what we stand for
To make retail better and improve people's lives through informed and inspired shopping.
To be a great organization, which is universally respected and admired for our unique people and culture, our creativity and innovation, and our extraordinary impact.
Each unique member of our team shares in the leadership of the organization and has a responsibility to:
- Make a difference for our clients and community
- Communicate with openness, honesty, and humility
- Empower our teammates for growth, success, and fulfillment
- Create a fun environment that inspires learning and innovative solutions
I have been working at Creative Channel ServicesPros
Allow me to improve my relationship building skills. I learned to listen to the customers concerns and helped overcome objections by educating them on the benefits of the products I was promoting.Cons
I operated as a vendor at Home Depot. There was a need for closer communication between management of Creative Channels, the company whose product I was promoting and Home Depot in order to ensure that we had effective tools available to us in order to demonstrate the usefulness of the products being promoted.RecommendsPositive OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online – interviewed at Creative Channel Services in August 2014.Interview Details
Was sent these questions to answer.
1. Tell me what you already know about CCS.
2. What are the responsibilities that you understand about this position?
3. Tell me a little bit about your management style & what being a leader means to you.
4. This role has a lot of components and requires a very fast pace. How do you go about prioritizing your day & workload?
5. What do you consider your greatest strengths?
6. What do you consider your main weaknesses or opportunities?
7. What are some best practices you would bring to the field management team?
8. Do you think you could see yourself excel in this role? What makes you the right person for the job?
9. What are your current salary expectations?
10. This is currently a temp role until the end of the year. Are you open to that timeframe or perhaps longer employment?No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Creative Channel Services (CCS) wants to help its clients close the deal with retail consumers. The company provides online and on-site sales training (like product knowledge training) and employee development programs to retail and manufacturing companies in the technology, consumer electronics, appliance, and communications industries. CCS also provides these industries...
Mission: Our Mission: To make retail better and improve people's lives through informed and inspired shopping.
Our Vision: To be a great organization, which is universally...