Our strategy is based on providing clients globally with best-in-class integrated banking services, maintaining a strong capital position and investing in our employees at every stage of their career.
We were among the first in our business to meet the new demands of the regulatory and market environment. We have substantially reduced risk, while cutting costs and improving efficiency across the bank. In addition we strengthened our capital base and improved our balance sheet structure to meet future regulatory requirements. These structural changes have equipped Credit Suisse to perform solidly in all conditions.
Read more about our strategy:
Credit Suisse has four Centers of Excellence (CoEs) around the globe. Our Centers of Excellence Initiative, which started in 2006, is Credit Suisse's global offshoring approach to leverage our talent around the world, and maximizing the efficient use of the bank's resources.
Today we have CoEs in Raleigh (USA), Pune and Mumbai (India), and Wroclaw (Poland). Together, they support our operations in more than 50 countries. The CoEs play a critical role in improving our operational effectiveness, reducing our cost base, and ensuring a high quality of products and services for our external clients.
Top Opportunities, Top Talent: About our Raleigh CoE
- Raleigh, North Carolina (USA) is part of Research Triangle Park, one of the world’s best science and technology parks and home to many leading universities. Raleigh also consistently ranks as one of the best cities in America for young professionals.
- Our Raleigh CoE was established in 2005, and currently has over 1,500 people who provide support to CS offices in the Americas primarily, with some limited support to our offices in Europe and Switzerland.
- The team is focused on the following businesses: Operations, Finance, Information Technology, General Counsel, Risk Management, Investment Banking and Private Banking.
- The Raleigh CoE is key pillar in our approach to leveraging our global talent base, and maximizing the efficient use of the bank’s resources.
To stay a leader in our field, Credit Suisse attracts some of the brightest people in the financial world to work together, to listen to each other, and to grow. We not only look for technical and intellectual proficiency, but also for people who contribute to our partnership culture. Our global businesses and international culture provide plenty of opportunities for mobility and career development.
Credit Suisse has a strong partnership culture which rewards excellence, entrepreneurialism and teamwork. Our employees work together to stay close to our clients - whether the client is a corporation, an institutional investor or an individual. We listen carefully to understand their needs, and then collaborate energetically to meet those needs with all the resources and knowledge Credit Suisse can deliver.
We have a shared belief in acting as the client’s proactive, principled partner:
- Proactive: because we take an entrepreneurial approach that demands creative thinking, asking the tough questions and surprising our clients with new solutions.
- Principled: because we adhere to the highest standards of ethical behavior. That includes having the courage to stand up for our own convictions, and to stand up for the clients’ interests within the bank.
- Partner: because we partner with our clients to understand their long-term ambitions. And because we partner with our colleagues across the bank to deliver the right solutions.
Throughout your career at Credit Suisse, we stay close to you and help you build a three-part portfolio of career skills, network and experience. You grow your professional skills across functions and divisions, with training provided at every level for every part of the bank. We help you to expand your network from your very first day at Credit Suisse, introducing you to new colleagues who reach across a broad range of interests and backgrounds. Then we help you use your skills and network to gain a wealth of experience both inside and outside your business division, developing your leadership and management abilities by working across the bank.
Credit Suisse Photos
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Credit Suisse as a contractor (More than a year)RecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO
Work/Life Balance, Continued growth, Mentorship
Could not go full time due to layoffs.
Advice to Management
If you have a contract worker who is dedicated and can be malleable in the company, do what you can to keep them.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Credit Suisse (San Francisco, CA).
I was a summer associate, so the result of my internship was a line of questioning around "Do you want this job?" and my answer was yes. Sorry if that's not particularly helpful but if you know private banking is your intended path, try and get the internship first.
Otherwise have a solid knowledge of the wealth management business, investment trends and products, and be able to build a relationship easily.
- "Do you want this job?" 1 Answer
We offer exciting career paths for experienced professionals who want to advance their career in a highly collaborative, international and dynamic environment. You bring the experience and expertise you have built so far in your career, and we will offer continuous support for your professional and personal development including internal mobility both within the function and...
Mission: Credit Suisse is one of the world’s premier banks, with a successful business, a rich history, a diverse culture and a commitment to help you build your career. We offer...