What Makes CubeSmart Stand Out?
Our goal is to deliver the best experience in the industry. We call it a WOW! experience. We’re so dedicated to delivering WOW! experiences, we even have an entire department dedicated to making sure that each and every Customer has a true WOW! experience.
Check out the latest awards & accolades our WOW! philosophy has earned us.
Customer Service Department of the Year, The Stevie Awards, 2013
Award for Innovation in Customer Service, The Stevie Awards, 2013
Contact Center of the Year, The Stevie Awards, 2013
Best Customer Service, Inside Self-Storage, 2012
Who is CubeSmart?
CubeSmart is self-storage and so much more! We are a self-administered and self-managed real estate company focused on the ownership, operation, acquisition and development of self-storage facilities in the United States. We are currently the fourth largest owner and operator in the United States with more than 500 self-storage facilities in our portfolio. With revenues of more than $285M, we employ 1,600 teammates across the United States. Our Corporate headquarters is located in Malvern, Pennsylvania.
What is WOW!?
WOW! is the embodiment of our culture and service philosophy at CubeSmart. Our definition of WOW! is to: “surprise and delight Customers by always giving more than expected!”
We have classes dedicated to our WOW! Customer service philosophy and culture, which allow all of our teammates to learn about who we are and how we live our Values at CubeSmart in a fun and engaging atmosphere.
At CubeSmart, if you WOW!...You Win! We reward teammates who provide exceptional Customer service and go above and beyond their responsibilities through a variety of recognition programs such as:
- InstaWOW! (Daily recognition)
- Online Company-wide social recognition platform that allows teammates to recognize each other for successes, achievements, birthdays, anniversaries and WOW! service.
- All Star Program (Quarterly & Annual recognition)
- The All Star Program is the highest level of recognition that CubeSmart has to offer. Teammates are recognized for their commitment to WOW!ing our Customers and exhibiting our company’s Values. Winners of the All Star Program are awarded with a plaque, choice of prize, and a monetary bonus.
Our Values serve as the basis for our WOW! Culture and provide a common focus for all teammates to deliver outstanding service to internal and external Customers every day.
As a team, CubeSmart is committed to operating our business based on these Values to ensure a WOW! experience for our Customers and teammates.
• Commit to continuous self-improvement and career growth
• Constantly raise performance standards and dedication to service excellence
• Take initiative to improve and enhance the Customer’s experience
• Understand that profitability is essential to our success
• Be accountable
• Take ownership through final resolution
• Operate with integrity
• Ease Customer concerns by providing service recovery
Lead by Example
• Always do the right thing
• Take pride in your appearance
• Anticipate the Customer’s needs
• Recognize and reward the contribution of others
Understand the Customer
• Know your Customer and personalize your service
• Stay in the moment and understand the Customer’s perspective
• Avoid distractions and respect the Customer
• Think before you speak
Eliminate Barriers to Yes
• Possess a "can do" attitude
• Know our products, our business, our company
• Utilize teamwork to explore options
• Be empowered to find solutions for the Customer
Serve with Passion
• Make Customers feel special
• Create a memorable experience
• Have fun and love what you do
• Embrace opportunities to be exceptional
As a CubeSmart teammate, the rewards of working here go beyond the basics of benefits. Here are some of the top benefits CubeSmart teammates enjoy:
- Non-traditional Retail Hours: Our retail teammates don’t work evening hours and are compensated with paid time off for major holidays.
- Base Salary Plus Bonus: You have the ability to directly impact your earnings.
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, holidays, and paid sick time – because we truly believe in work-life balance.
- Generous Health Benefits: You are eligible for medical, dental and vision health care coverage options that allow you to choose the coverage that is best for you, andCubeSmart pays a generous portion of premiums - even on family coverage!
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match: We’ll help you plan for your future.
- Short-Term Disability Program: Our company-paid STD program provides a safety net in case you ever need it.
- Tuition Reimbursement: So you can develop your skill set and advance in your career!
- Storage Discounts: Teammates are eligible for special discounts on our storage spaces!
- Training Programs: Take advantage of leadership development and advancement opportunities at CubeSmart.
- Onsite Living: Many of our locations offer on-site apartments for the convenience of our Managers. Save time and money as the apartment is FREE if you reside on-site.
Here’s what some of our teammates have to say about the rewards of working at CubeSmart:
“Not only does CubeSmart offer employer matching on your contribution to the 401 (k) Plan, they provide education to help me make informative decisions.” -Brian H., Teammate since 2007
“CubeSmart reevaluates its health plans on a yearly basis to provide their teammates with the best options possible.” -Kathy M., Teammate since 2010
"Through a dedicated Wellness Program, Financial, Lifestyle & Educational seminars, CubeSmart teammates are on the fast-track to achieving total satisfaction both at work and in their personal lives." -Jess H., Teammate since 2009
“When I needed advice about life situations I was going through, I was able to call the Employee Assistance Program that CubeSmart offers. The plan offers Legal & Financial, Lifestyle & Fitness Management, Education and Dependent Care & Care Giving. It was extremely helpful!” -Donna P., Teammate since 2009
Hi, I’m Cubie, the CubeSmart mascot! My job is to help find great people with excellent customer service skills, initiative and a “can do” attitude. Check out the jobs section to find the right role for you and apply today.
I have been working at CubeSmart full-time for more than 5 yearsPros
CubeSmart is investing time and money to improve the culture of the company to create a positive work environment for all teammates. The culture has dramatically improved in the last 18 months. The company consists of the most qualified and professional team in their industry, at all levels.Cons
Management seems to treat new teammates better than the teammates that have been there making things happen through the good and the bad.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Teammates should have the opportunity to share in the financial success of the company.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
1 person found this helpfulApplication Details
I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CubeSmart in September 2013.Interview Details
I received an email from HR asking to set up an interview about 2 days after I applied online. The interview was pretty straight forward, mainly just wanted to know about my background.Interview Questions
Reasons for Declining
- No difficult questions. Answer Question
Not really the position I wanted, not really the company I would want to work for.Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
CubeSmart is self-storage and so much more! We are a self-administered and self-managed real estate company focused on the ownership, operation, acquisition and development of self-storage facilities in the United States. We are currently the fourth largest owner and operator in the United States with more than 500 self-storage facilities in our portfolio. With revenues of...
Mission: Our goal is simple - deliver the best Customer service in the self-storage industry. To demonstrate our commitment to this goal, we have staffed an entire team focused...