If it's comin' around the mountain, it could have a Cummins' engine powering it. The company makes about half of its revenues from its Engine Segment, which makes diesel and natural gas powered engines for the heavy and mid-duty truck, RV, automotive, and industrial markets, along with marine, rail, mining, and construction. Its other complementary business segments include Components (filtration products and fuel systems); Power Generation (vehicle and residential generators); and Distribution (product distributors and servicing). Major customers include OEMs Chrysler...
- Overview |
- Cummins Inc. is a global power leader that designs, manufactures, sells and services diesel engines and related technology globally.
- We serve our customers through our network of 500 company-owned and independent distributor facilities.
- Our network has more than 5,200 dealer locations in over 190 countries and territories.
- Cummins Inc. is organized into four distinct but complementary business units:
Cummins Engine Business manufactures and markets a complete line of diesel and natural gas-powered engines for on-highway and off-highway use. Its markets include heavy-and medium-duty truck, bus, recreational vehicle (RV), light-duty automotive and a number of industrial uses including agricultural, construction, mining marine, oil and gas and military equipment. Cummins Engine Business also provides a full range of new parts and services and remanufactured parts and engines through an extensive distribution network.
Cummins engines range in size from 31 to 3,500 horsepower and from 1.4 liters to 91 liters.
Cummins Power Generation Business is a global provider of power generation systems, components and services in standby power, distributed power generation, as well as auxiliary power in mobile applications to meet the needs of a diversified customer base. Cummins Power Generation also provides a full range of services and solutions, including long-term operation and maintenance contracts and turnkey and temporary power solutions.
Cummins Power Generation products include diesel and alternative-fueled electrical generator sets form 2.5 to 2,700 kW, alternators from 0.6 KVA to 30,000 KVA, transfer switches from 40 amps to 3,000 amps, paralleling switchgear and generator set controls.
The Components Business Segment consists of four businesses: Cummins Filtration, Cummins Turbo Technologies, Cummins Emission Solutions and Cummins Fuel Systems.
- Cummins Filtration designs, manufactures and distributes heavy-duty air, fuel, hydraulic and lube filtration, chemicals and exhaust system technology products for diesel and gas-powered equipment.
- Cummins Turbo Technologies designs and manufactures turbochargers and related products, on a global scale, for diesel engines above 3 liters.
- Cummins Emission Solutions develops and supplies catalytic exhaust systems and related products to the medium-and heavy-duty commercial diesel engine markets. The exhaust systems include packaging of catalytic exhaust systems, engineered aftertreatment components and system integration services for engine manufacturers.
- Cummins Fuel Systems designs, develops and manufactures new fuel systems and remanufactures electronic control modules in the United States. In Mexico, it remanufactures Cummins fuel systems and others. This business services engines ranging from 9 to 78 liters.
Cummins Distribution Business drives a comprehensive global distribution strategy and channel management. Capitalizing on synergies in parts and services, this business helps Cummins by providing outstanding support to our customers, while growing a less cyclical and less capital intensive business.
The business consists of 17 Company-owned distributors and 10 joint ventures, covering 90 countries and territories through 233 locations. Through this network, trained personnel sell and distribute Cummins-branded products, related services and broader solutions such as maintenance contracts, engineering services and customized integrated products.
This is the employer's chance to tell you why you should work for them. The information provided is from their perspective.
Employees are “Satisfied” 490 ratings
85% of the CEO 219 ratings
Chairman and CEO
|Salaries in USD||Avg. Salary|| |
77 Cummins Salaries
64 Cummins Salaries
58 Cummins Salaries
= Salary Range
= Anonymous Salary Range
Accepted Offer – Interviewed in Columbus, IN Feb 2011 – Reviewed last week New
Interview Details – Panel interview with minimum 3-4 people discussing with you. One would be the subject expert and rest would be from related team. Technical questions were usual , but they would ask more about your overall experience and would questions from your Resume. – Full Interview