Cymer is the market-leading provider of sophisticated light sources—used by chipmakers to pattern advanced semiconductor chips and by display makers to manufacture advanced flat panel displays. Cymer's global installed base comprises approximately 3,750 systems, together providing technology that enables today’s digital products and improves people’s lives.
Continuing its legacy of leadership, Cymer is pioneering the industry's transition to EUV lithography, as the next step on the technology roadmap for the creation of smaller, faster chips and the extension of Moore’s Law. The company is also paving the way for the display industry with new silicon crystallization tools. Enabled by leading light source technology, the advanced systems developed by Cymer facilitate the production of LCD and OLED displays for applications such as high-end smartphones, tablets and televisions.
Cymer is at the forefront of light source innovation due to the extraordinary effort and ingenuity of its employees whose achievements are central to the company’s continued success—and the future of the consumer electronics industry. Whether you’re ready to contribute to great science, meet the aggressive goals of Cymer’s sales and marketing teams, or specialize in other business or technical fields supporting the creation and delivery of innovative products, there is a place for you at Cymer.
Since its founding in 1986, Cymer’s global reputation for excellence has been based on dynamic leadership, market-driving products, technologies and services, as well as four fundamental values: integrity, teamwork, drive for innovation in all we do and passion to succeed. These core values describe the behaviors the company strives to practice in its daily activities.
Integrity –As the first and most important value, integrity is a foundational element of the work environment and all relationships at Cymer—whether meeting customer requirements, complying with industry standards, or interacting with colleagues.
Teamwork–Cymer employees experience the importance of teamwork on a daily basis, as local and global teams interact to better serve customers. Cymer light sources and customer needs are complex, requiring highly-coordinated alignment of teams and effective cooperation from the early design phases through the entire product life cycle.
Drive for Innovation in all we do–Cymer’s many scientific, technological, and customer supporting breakthroughs continue to enable the future of electronic devices. Staying at the forefront of innovation means anticipating paradigm shifts and dedicating time and resources for developing and renewing vital knowledge and skill sets of all employees.
Passion to Succeed–Cymer employees focus on operational excellence and consistently doing the right thing for customers, shareholders and colleagues. Cymer teams never waiver from doing whatever it takes to understand a challenge, design the solution, and deliver beyond expectations.
Our Workplace Philosophy - Balance through Humor–Humor goes a long way in keeping the work environment upbeat and relationships productive. When exceptional people combine this work philospohy with imagination, anything is possible!
Cymer is dedicated to being a valued corporate citizen and partner in the communities where employees work and live. The company provides grant and scholarship funding to targeted organizations that are committed to improving local education, health, culture, environment and civic initiatives that align with the core values of the organization.
On an annual basis, Cymer contributes significant financial support to local communities, and employees spend countless hours volunteering and supporting philanthropic organizations. Cymer also matches the contributions of employees who give to qualified non-profit organizations.
Some examples of Cymer’s community involvement include:
- Reaching underserved youth with technology at the Cymer Computer Clubhouse, in partnership with the Mission Valley YMCA
- Building homes for those in need (Habitat for Humanity in Korea)
- Encouraging science and related education and programming through its KPBS sponsorship
- Supporting academic achievements of today’s brightest students through scholarships (University of California, San Diego Jacobs School of Engineering, ARCS)
- Supporting the fight against disease (Breast Cancer Walk, Shoot for the Cure – Huntington’s Disease, Luau and Longboard – Cancer, and others)
- Spreading environmental consciousness (GreenTrio in China)
- Supporting the environment (San Diego Zoo’s Institute for Conservation Research, Earth Fair, e-Cycle events)
- Increasing passion and enthusiasm for science and engineering at all pre-college academic levels (Jet Net and Photonics Explorer in the Netherlands)
Cymer offers employees a generous and highly competitive benefits package.
Our benefits vary by country of employment and are based on customary practices in each location.
Below is a summary of benefits for regular full-time employees based in the United States. Benefits begin on the first day of employment.
HEALTH AND WELFARE PLANS
Employees and their eligible family members, dependents and domestic partners may participate in a variety of healthcare coverage choices and are provided assistance in case of catastrophic financial loss resulting from an illness or injury.
- Medical: Employees may choose among two HMO and one PPO plan.
- Dental: Cymer’s DMO and PPO dental plans include coverage for routine preventive care, restorative care, and orthodontic care for adults and dependent children.
- Vision: Cymer’s vision plan includes a complete eye exam and lenses (or contacts) every 12 months, frames every 24 months.
- Life Insurance: Cymer provides basic life insurance coverage of two times salary at no cost to the employee as well as an option to buy supplemental spouse and dependent life insurance.
- Sick Time and Disability Coverage: Cymer provides paid sick time, and short term and long term disability coverage in the event an extended medical leave is necessary. Employees may also buy additional coverage and income protection.
- Business travel accident and medical insurance: Cymer provides additional life insurance and medical coverage for employees traveling on company business.
- Flexible Spending Account: Employees may fund pre-tax reimbursement accounts for health care and dependent care expenses.
401(k) SAVINGS PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCHING
Cymer’s 401(k) savings plan offers employees an opportunity to set aside funds for retirement on a pre-tax or after-tax (Roth) basis. Cymer matches $1.25 per dollar contributed to this plan up to 4% of the employee’s annual income to a maximum employer contribution of $5,000 per plan year.
EMPLOYEE STOCK PURCHASE PROGRAM
Cymer employees may elect to purchase shares of Cymer common stock at a discounted price through payroll deduction.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Cymer offers a confidential counseling and referral resource that can be utilized by both employees and household members. Available services included relationship/parenting support, adult/elder care solutions, chronic illness management, legal information, financial management assistance and other expert counseling, addiction and emotional support services.
EDUCATION REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM
Cymer hires the best and brightest and encourages all employees to continue their education. Employees may receive up to $5,250 per year for successfully completing coursework at accredited educational institutions.
PAY FOR PERFORMANCE
All employees are eligible for either Profit Sharing or the Short Term Incentive Program. Funding for these highly competitive bonus programs are driven by the achievement of corporate financial goals.
HOLIDAY AND VACATION TIME
Cymer provides employees with 11 assigned paid holidays and 3 weeks paid vacation per year which increases with length of service.
GROUP VOLUNTARY BENEFIT PLANS
Employees are also eligible to participate in voluntary benefits offered at special group rates. This includes:
- Legal Plan: a legal service with affordable rates and easy access to qualified attorneys.
- Auto & Home Insurance: convenient payment options and a variety of policy discounts.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: directly billed insurance in case of nursing or in-home care needs.
- Pet Insurance: protection against unexpected veterinary costs.
Cymer's EUV Source Functions discuss how it studies the phenomenon associated with key functions of our EUV light source to drive learning back into engineering an effective product design.
A critical competency area, Cymer's Mechanical Engineering Group talks about its unique opportunity to take projects from cradle to grave and gain exposure to many other facets within the organization.
Cymer's Control Group talks about its area of expertise, day-to-day activities and available opportunities to join this dynamic, hands-on team.
A few of Cymer's recent college graduate employees talk about what it's like to work at Cymer.
Each year select new college graduates are invited to join Cymer's Endeavor leadership program. For more information visit www.cymer.com/endeavor
Cymer employees talk about our technology and its impact on the world
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Cymer full-time for more than a yearPros
Pros - good benefits, smart people, good cafeteria, work-life balanceCons
Cons - management switches strategy too often, unclear goalsAdvice to ManagementAdvice
stick to a strategy for more than 2 months, follow the anticipate, plan, flawlessly execute mantraRecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Interview Details
Phone screen followed by on site interview. Interview process went well. Hiring manager said things are looking really positive but I still did not hear back. So that was unprofessional and disappointing.Interview Questions
- No unexpected questions. Average difficulty Answer Question
Cymer isn't just any company, it's a place where insight and imagination come together, where creative solutions to significant challenges are made. Chipmakers around the globe rely on Cymer's light sources to pattern the most advanced integrated circuits. Always thinking ahead, our engineers are advancing photolithography innovation to enable the consumer products of the...
Mission: Lead the Light Generation by commercializing innovative technology into compelling equipment and process solutions that benefit mankind.