- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at DIRECTV full-time (less than an year)Pros
- excellent office location. most iconic area in NYC. tough to handle at Christmastime with tourists, but the abundance of food and sights in the area makes it worth it
- strong Fortune 100 company, soon to be Fortune 10 company pending the completion of the AT&T transaction
- strong, youthful culture in many groupsCons
- from a purely industry perspective, Pay-TV is on the decline and it remains to be seen how DTV can compete with Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.
- the impending AT&T acquisition will strengthen the company as a whole, but might make certain roles redundant.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Maintain the course and keep an open and honest dialogue with your employees regarding the AT&T deal.
Don't cut back on excellent employee benefits (401k, pension, free premium TV service)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Interview Details
It was very brief, waited for about 5 minutes in the lobby. Two interviewers, trading off questions. Situational based questions, how do you react to certain situations etc. very nice people, didn't take the job but only because I received better offer. I would have been fine accepting the position.Interview Questions
- give me an example of a time where a client was upset with you, how did you deal with them? Answer Question
DIRECTV takes television straight to the masses - no wires attached. The company operates the largest direct broadcast satellite (DBS) service in the US, ahead of #2 DISH Network, and in direct competition with leading cable providers Comcast and Time Warner. DIRECTV enjoys a 20% share of the pay-TV market. In addition to its more than 19 million US customers, the company serves 11 million subscribers in Latin America under the DIRECTV and SKY brands. Services include high-definition, 3D, and video-on-demand (VOD) programming. Phone companies such as Verizon and AT&T...