- Dell update4 days ago
Want to know more about what's it like to work in our Infrastructure and Cloud Computing business? Watch this video!
- Dell update9 days ago
Geek is the new chic! Check out Leya, Software Eng Mgr from Dell India, & how she's able to grow and take risks while still maintaining a healthy work-life balance! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIfns
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the
entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to
serving our communities, regularly volunteering for a variety of non-profit organizations. Our team
members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential
for human success. We achieve that by emphasizing:
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that
fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard
Dell‘s commitment to our candidates, regardless of location or level means that candidates can expect:
- A realistic preview of the job and the interview process
- To ask any question and have it be answered with transparency and candor
- To be fairly considered for opportunities where qualifications meet requirements
- Post-interview communication on next steps no later than seven days
- The best possible offer the first time
- To be treated as a valued customer of Dell products and solutions
- Integrity and respect
At Dell, we are relentlessly focused on delivering technology solutions that work harder for our customers, and gives access to technology to people and organizations around the world. Our purpose - "delivering technology solutions that enable people everywhere to grow and thrive." – drives who we are and our commitment to all of our customers. Today’s Dell is a customer-inspired end-to-end solutions provider. One that has evolved from a PC manufacturer to a true IT solutions partner – one that offers a differentiated view of the enterprise.
Why work for us?
The focus at Dell is for our teams to create a winning environment through inspiring leadership, collaboration, personal accountability and always operating with the customer in mind with Dell’s best interests first. Our philosophy is that our team members will continuously improve their performance and results, build great relationships, value diverse perspectives and create an environment where we progress forward even when faced with challenges and adversity.
- You can contribute to a better community and a better world.
- You can be part of a culture where reward is linked to ethical results.
- You can add value in an entrepreneurial culture.
- Winning together: that's what really differentiates Dell.
- You can develop and grow in your career at Dell.
- You can operate in a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our Diversity Commitment
At Dell, we’re committed to building a diverse environment that is reflective of a diverse global marketplace. We are striving to ensure we engage with key marketplace segments to advance our global diversity and inclusion activities.
Our Employee Resource Groups
Our team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business.
Employee resource groups connect team members who share common ethnicity, gender, nationality, lifestyle or sexual orientation. They provide personal and professional development through mentoring, volunteerism and community involvement.
Dell’s University Relations Program empowers future leaders like you to collaborate with our global teams, develop ideas and then run with them. We offer three different ways that you can make an immediate impact here at Dell: internships, full-time employment and rotation & development programs.
It's never too early to start thinking about your career. We are always looking for the next generation of great thinkers who can guide our business forward, today and tomorrow. Together we can grow as a vital global company with a passion for creating innovative products and services for our customers. Learn more here!
- Featured Review
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Dell full-time (more than 10 years)Pros
Dynamic environment, sharp team members, diverse individuals.Cons
Top heavy management, sometimes under appreciative of hard work.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Reduce layers...and, ICs deserve better perks. De-promote people who get lazy after getting promotion.RecommendsNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Dell.Interview Details
This candidate selection, interviewing, and hiring process is the most straight forward, no nonsense process I have been through. The online application portal's user interface is slick and the extraction process is productive. The recruiter is extremely talented and offers professional and timely communication on next steps. The hiring managers are talented and excited about the organization. I had one phone conversation with recruiter and two face to face interviews on site.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsI didn't have to negotiate since I negotiated upfront with recruiter. Their offer was fair and I didn't feel low balled on salary.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
- What artifacts are you familiar with? Answer Question
- What is your communication style? Answer Question
- What two courses in your college education prepared you for this opportunity? Answer Question
- What is your experience working with end users? What stakeholders did you manage? Answer Question
- Are you comfortable with up to 10% travel? Answer Question
- Did you have direct management authority to those you previously managed? Are you comfortable with shared resources? Answer Question
- What is the size of projects you have experience managing in dollars, hours, or duration? Answer Question
- Whats your background and knowledge with using PMI's PM knowledge areas, processes and principles? Answer Question
Since 1984, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end computing solutions company, Dell continues to transform computing and provide high quality solutions that empower people to do more.
We promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Our...
Mission: From the very beginning, Dell has been driven by the mission to use technology to enable human potential. Since 1984, we have made this a reality for people everywhere....