- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Destination XL full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
Commission sales, opportunities to advance, and getting to work with an awesome customer base.Cons
Benefit cost, operating systems need to be updated.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Be sure to provide the tools for success to your people in the field. Update their systems, give them more hours for better floor coverage, and make more opportunities for training within the regions. Keep listening to us in the field and stay in touch with the client base and their needs.RecommendsPositive Outlook
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks – interviewed at Destination XL.Interview Details
The go between recruiter and management was unorganized and frustrating and lengthy.
The entire process took over 4 weeks
1. Phone interview with a recruiter
2. Phone interview with store manager
3. Meet store manager in person and discuss company culture.
4. Phone interview with District Manager
5. In person interview with District Manager.
6. Phone interview with Vice President
7. In person job offer.Interview Questions
Reasons for Declining
- Why do you want to work for DXL? Answer Question
- Have you ever worked for a company who was going through a restructuring? Answer Question
- How much money are you currently making, how much would you expect to make in this position? Answer Question
- Tell me the difference between being a sales person and being a clerk Answer Question
- Give me an example of a time you had to over come a strong objection to a sale, and how did you over come that to make the sale. Answer Question
DurIng the interview process I discussed how much I currently make and how much I expected to make, and made myself very clear.
At the end of the 4 week process they offered me less then what I currently make with no room for negotiations.
I declinedDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –