- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Dimagi full-time (more than an year)Pros
1. Amazing travel opportunities all over the world
2. Great work-life balance (work remotely, flex time, six weeks of vacation)
3. Do work that is making a real impact in the most underserved communities.
4. Work with really intelligent, compassionate people that come from all different fields and are interested in making a difference
5. Working in a very new field developing open source, cutting edge technology that is constantly evolving
6. Learn about lots of areas, including software, international development, project management, and social entrepreneurship
7. Lots of opportunities to take initiative (including ten set "personal initiative days" a year, where you can work on whatever project you want).
8. Work directly with end users (e.g. travel to field sites to see community health workers in India using your technology)
9. Small enough company where there is fast career growth
10. Great country offices in Cambridge, Dakar, Cape Town, and New Delhi, not to mention Away Months in Brazil and Guatemala!Cons
Tough to pronounce "Dimagi" (is a hard "g," means wise guy in Hindi!)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
2 people found this helpfulApplication Details
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dimagi.Interview Details
I got my CV forwarded by an employee I personally knew. After about a week I got contacted and a phone interview was set up. First they asked me various cs related questions:
* How would you search for all occurrences of a pattern in a group of files.
* What is the maximum value of an Int.
* What are the complexities of various operations on lists, arrays, stacks, etc.
* If a client calls you telling the server is down, what would you do?
In general I didn't get any extremely though question. Also two programming assignments:
Implement the Fibonacci function, optimize it to run in linear time and constant memory.No OfferEasy Interview
At Dimagi, we’re committed to creating great impact by creating great technology. We develop cutting-edge software tailored for underserved communities, where literacy rates are low, electricity is sparse, and wifi is inexistent. Our end users are midwives in Afghanistan, farmers in rural India, and small business owners in the slums of Kenya. As a leader in the social...
Mission: We deliver open and innovative technology to help underserved communities everywhere.