Divers Alert Network Photos
“History of cleaning house. Low employee morale and executive bottleneck impedes company progress. ”
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Divers Alert Network full-time (more than 5 years)Pros
- Well recognized and respected among scuba divers.
- If DAN has helped you, then you're an evangelist for life. These folks are a true value of the DAN brand.
- The Medical Department part of the company really helps make the sport of diving more safe.
- DAN helps injured divers in need and it feels good to be a part of that.Cons
-A shift was made to focus more on the business and making money and less on connecting with scuba industry
-They RIFFed most of the employees with strong ties to the scuba industry and no longer have anyone to champion the voice of their customers
- Many employees live in fear of getting laid off
- If you don't like the CEO, don't worry, the BOD will fire them
- The progress of the company only moves as fast as the bottleneck at the top
- Top executives micro manage every departmentAdvice to ManagementAdvice
- The industry has a strong "one of us" culture. If you're not a diver then you just don't understand.
- DAN doesn't recognize this and is thus moving in the direction of being an outsider.
- Move away from keeping the meek employees who surcumb to management demands. Hire good employees and let them shine.Doesn't RecommendNegative Outlook
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –