- Customer Focus - We are committed to our customers' measurable success through their adoption of DocuSign's revolutionary products and world-class services.
- Innovation - We continuously elevate everything we do to drive the eSignature industry.
- Executional Excellence - We collaboratively plan, relentlessly execute, and own our results.
- Passion - We succeed through intiative, enthusiasm and resilience.
- Integrity - We believe trust and respect are the results of engaging fairly and honestly with our customers, partners and team members.
- More than 40 million DocuSigners have signed more than 290 million documents in more than 188 countries
- Nearly 50,000 unique new DocuSigners DocuSign for the first time every weekday
- 51% of DocuSign documents are completed within 1 hour
- More than 800,000 documents (containing more than 3.6 million pages) are DocuSigned on the DocuSign Global Network each day
- Employees at 90% of the Fortune 500 DocuSign
- More than 500 credit unions nationwide DocuSign
How DocuSign Works
DocuSign is the leading eSignature solution in the market allowing easy, efficient, and secure signing of electronic documents. Accessible anytime, anywhere, on any device, businesses of all sizes and industries solve their paper problems by replacing manual, paper-based methods with DocuSign to accelerate transactions to increase speed to results, reduce costs, improve visibility and control, and delight customers.
As The Global Standard for eSignature®, DocuSign helps you keep business digital with the easiest, fastest, most secure way to send, sign, track and store documents in the cloud.
If you have a passion for transforming the way people work, live and connect, you will thrive at DocuSign. We are looking for team members who share our focus on innovation and technologies that change the world. Because that’s something we can all be proud of.
Life at DocuSign
Rather than offer marketing-speak on why DocuSign is a Best Place To Work, we decided to offer the words of our team. All of the answers below are taken from a survey of our DocuSign team performed by a third-party researcher on workplace culture at DocuSign.
In answering the question, What is one aspect of our current culture that you would like to see preserved? ...
...Our team highlighted the following:
- "Can-do attitude. The feeling that we are all partners, cross-functionally building something big and important."
- "I have worked in many places that pay lip service to having an “open door policy.” DocuSign is the first where it is actually a reality."
- "Fundamental professionalism. This is an organization of “grown-ups.”
- "Our strong commitment to integrity and trustworthiness is critical to our business and culture."
- "As a developer, I love the flexibility we have in our approaches to implementation. I love improving my own skill set and keeping projects up to date and nearly cutting edge is a wonderful way to do that."
- "This company has a culture unlike any other. From the cross-team collaboration to the engineering Nerf gunfights, I think of all things to be preserved the most important is the congenial attitude towards employees. This company has the opportunities to allow ANYONE to succeed if they are willing."
- "Folks rarely create roadblocks in the name of process or authority. In general, everyone wants DocuSign to succeed, which is very refreshing."
- "Ingenuity, energy, intelligence, integrity"
- "Flexibility, supporting innovative ideas and concepts in the workplace. Fun outgoing environment, approachable leadership."
- "The positively, highly charged and energetic environment."
- "The organization has a strong sense of fun. The employees are encouraged to enjoy themselves at work. The organization is responsive to employee needs."
- "I appreciate the open atmosphere and laid-back non-corporate vibe. I feel corporations are made up of people, and some corporations lose sight of individuality. DocuSign supports individuality."
- "The trust & autonomy bestowed on employees. People are encouraged to be creative in formulating solutions to problems, and that provides the organization with the flexibility it needs."
- "The feel of a start-up in the engineering area. The laid-back tech-savvy, fun & cool environment that makes people feel comfortable."
- "The open and transparent communication."
- "We have a flexible way of working that get s the most out of talented people – trusting people to work and make decisions independently."
- "Welcoming of new people and the lack of not-invented-here culture. It is a refreshing change from other tech companies."
- "Startup mentality. We have to approach every problem as if it will break us and every opportunity as if it is ours to lose."
- "The organization is flat. The CEO treats me like a peer."
We're proud to be honored with the following awards and recognition!
- Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award - Top 50 Medium Sized Companies, Glassdoor, 2014
- Best Productivity App, Silicon Valley Business App Award, 2013
- Best App for Traveling Abroad, Mashable¹s List of 10 Best Apps for Traveling Aboard, 2013
- Data Innovation of the Year, Cloud Computing Awards, 2013
- Top 10 Software Companies (#3), Inc Hire Power Awards, 2013
- Top 10 Washington Companies (#1), Inc Hire Power Awards, 2013
- Net 100 Winner (#10), Entrepreneur, 2013
- Most Innovative Real Estate Agent App (Tool or Vendor - Cartavi), Inman News Innovator Awards, 2013
- Best in Tech for Real Estate (Cartavi), Chicago Agent Magazine, 2013
- Top 50 Real Estate Tech Solutions (Cartavi), Housing Wire, 2013
- 50 Best Companies to Sell For, Selling Power, 2013
- Best Companies to Work For, San Francisco Business Times, 2013
- 100 Best Companies to Work For, Seattle Business Magazine, 2013
- AlwaysOn Global 250, AO Network, 2013
- Finalist - Best Cloud Infrastructure, The Cloud Computing Awards, 2013
- Finalist - Best Web Services Excellence, Cloud Computing Awards, 2013
- SIlver - Productivity, Seattle Business Tech Impact Awards, 2013
- Silver - Business Optimizations (DocuSign Ink), Edison Awards Innovative Services, 2013
- Top Real Estate Leaders (Keith Krach), Inman News, 2013
- Top Real Estate Leaders (Glenn Shimkus), Inman News, 2013
- Advocate Marketing Program of the Year, Bammie, 2013
- Top 50 Content Marketing Awards (#1), Kapost, 2013
- Finalist - Best Social Campaign, Eloqua Markie Award, 2013
- Markie Winner , Eloqua Markie Award, 2013
- Best in Tech for Real Estate (Cartavi), Chicago Agent Magazine, 2012
- 50 Best Companies to Sell For, Selling Power, 2012
- Best Best Companies To Work For, Silicon Valley Business Journal, 2012
- 100 Best Companies to Work For, Seattle Business Magazine, 2012
- Hottest Seattle Company, Lead411, 2012
- Global Top 100, Red Herring, 2012
- Lead Generation and Nurturing - Gold, Marketing Excellence Award , 2012
- Best Inside Counsel - Finalist, Puget Sound Business Journal, 2012
- Top 50 Business Apps for the iPad and iPhone, iBusiness Magazine, 2012
- Best Productivity App (DocuSign Ink), MediaPost's Appy Awards, 2012
- Consumer Product/Service of the Year (DocuSign Ink), Washington Technology Industry Association (WTIA) Industry Achievement Awards, 2012
- Top 5 iPad Productivity App (DocuSign Ink), Apple App Store Rewind, 2011
I worked at DocuSign part-time (less than an year)Pros
Company culture was amazing, very cool young people that I could relate to as a college student.
Fantastic mentoring by management, interpersonal relationships with higher ups that I probably wouldn't have had access to at other large companies.
Incredible office looking over Bainbridge Island and the Puget Sound
Growing company, very exciting to be a part of.Cons
Pay for interns is fairly low
Internship was entirely based around Sales which is not what I'm necessarily interested in
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 6 weeks – interviewed at DocuSign in August 2014.Interview Details
Standard interview process for a Sales Engineer in the SaaS space:
1 - Phone Screen
2 - Phone interview with Hiring Manager
3 - On Site multiple interviews
4 - Presentation
Everyone was professional and nice during the process. Felt like a two-way interview, which was good and I think got both sides excited to work together.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsNot much wiggle room with negotiation, but the hiring manager did work with me some, which was appreciated.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Nothing out of the ordinary. Know the space and the sales process they use. Answer Question
Founded in 2003, DocuSign is committed to transforming the way people like you work, live and connect by providing the freedom to finish business faster.
Accessible anytime, anywhere, on any device, the DocuSign Global Network connects companies to their customers, partners, suppliers and employees where they can transact business with confidence. Customers of all sizes...
Mission: We transform how individuals and companies securely manage electronic signatures and transactions to increase speed to results, reduce costs and delight customers.