- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Dunnhumby full-time (more than 3 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookNo opinion of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookNo opinion of CEO
i joined dunnhumby in Cincinnati a little more than 3 years ago and promised myself I would come back and post a review to see if the company has lived up to all of the hype.
- Everything that you hear about company culture is true. The business goes out of its way to make the employees comfortable at work. From your physical office space, to healthy living programs, to just having fun and blowing off steam, teams of people work hard to make employees happy.
- The core mission of focusing of customers is really lived by the business in all teams and departments in the work we do every day.
- People here are the smartest I have ever worked with, but approachable and friendly.
- Pay and benefit packages are strong
- There seem to be lots of options for continuing education (although less is available at my pay grade)
- For a technology company, the tools we have as employees do not make it easy to do our jobs.
- Not enough money is invested back into the business. There is little focus on R&D.
- There is little diversity in the leadership. There are virtually no women in executive roles. It is brought up in company Q&A sessions and dismissed seemingly without care.
- Organizational changes happen frequently as if they are sport.
- I thought I would have more opportunities to work with colleagues abroad when I joined, but I have never really worked with anyone outside of Cincinnati.
Advice to Management
Employees love much about the organization the way it is, and with good reason. Keep what is great about the company while investing more money back into the business, diverisfying leadership (you already have many talented women) and stabilizing org changes.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
got a email from HR and asked to take a assessment test. Test was easy. the day after that got a phone interview from them. Questions have nothing to do with statistics. all related to business.
- If you were the manager and would like to open a kroger in the town you lived in, what factors you may considers for choosing the location Answer Question
dunnhumby is the world’s leading customer science company. We analyse data and apply new insights from more than 400 million customers across the globe to create better customer experiences and build loyalty. Our insights and strategic process help clients create competitive advantage and enjoy sustained growth.
dunnhumby employs more than 2,000 employees in offices...
Mission: Our core purpose: We are passionate about loyalty & partnering for future growth.
Start with data - customers tell us the right thing to do through the...