I have been working at Eastern Mountain Sports full-time
Most of my coworkers are great people and I enjoy going to work more often than not for that reason.
Corporate structure limits daily payroll heavily, which leads to low staffing and makes everyone's jobs more difficult. It also makes getting enough hours as a part-timer difficult.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Mountain Sports.
I went through a process of 3 interviews with different members of the upper management. I participated in both phone interviews and in person interviews. Overall the process was smooth and they were willing to work around schedule constraints during the interview process which was helpful as I was relocating. Once offered the position I was also granted flexibility in choosing a start date. All persons involved with my interview process were quick to get back to me after each interview step.
- How do you envistion maintaining sales floor merchandising standards? Answer Question
- Describe previous leadership experience. Answer Question
- What outdoor sports are you passionate about? Do you have experience using or selling the gear EMS sells? Answer Question
- What are some ways you can motivate your staff besides financial incentives? Answer Question
- What were some of the main initiatives at your previous company? Answer Question
No negotiating took place. They made it clear their initial offer was firm.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Founded in 1967, EMS now has community stores in 70 east coast locations full of knowledgeable, credible people who love what they do for customers. The EMS Schools serve over 5000 participants annually and earn the highest possible ratings for customer satisfaction. EMS.com offers a hand-picked assortment of great gear and apparel for novice to expert outdoor ...
Mission: We exist to make it easy for people to love the outdoors and spend more time outside. EMS is the trusted source for must-have gear, apparel and guidance for people who love the outdoors.