Edelman Financial Services (EFS) is an award-winning investment management firm, established in 1987 by Ric and Jean Edelman. Our team of planners and staff have helped tens of thousands of people by providing financial advice and services. Unlike many investment firms that require anywhere between $250K to $1M+ to invest with them, at EFS you can open an account with just $5,000.
EFS accomplishes this by using the Edelman Managed Asset Program® (EMAP). EMAP gives our clients access to institutional funds using time-tested investment strategies.
At EFS, we know that our clients don’t always fit into the traditional three-pronged investment models of “Conservative”, “Moderate”, or “Aggressive” which is why EMAP features 36 asset allocation models, each offering exposure to as many as 19 asset classes and market sectors from the global marketplace. We’re proud to serve these individuals, families and organizations and provide them with the information they need to reach their financial goals.
One-on-one attention. Tailor-made financial plans. That’s what we’re about at Edelman Financial Services.
“Because Money Doesn’t Come With Instructions…”
Ric Edelman is Chairman and CEO of Edelman Financial Services LLC, a Registered Investment Advisor. He is an Investment Advisor Representative who offers advisory services through EFS and a Registered Principal of (and offers securities through) Sanders Morris Harris Inc., an affiliated broker/dealer, member FINRA/SIPC
Throughout the firm’s 27 year history, EFS and Ric Edelman have been presented with more than 100 business, advisory, communication and community service awards. A complete list of awards won can be requested by contacting the firm at (888)-PLAN-RIC.
Edelman Financial hires individuals who exemplify our culture and value system. This allows us to meet our hiring needs with a diverse pool of experience and skills allowing us to provide top notch service to our clients. Although we are a financial institution, we are able to offer rewarding careers in all areas of our business including Marketing, Human Resources, Technology, Compliance and Client Services – just to name a few!
Our philosophy is simple: An engaged, well-treated workforce leads to happier, more satisfied clients. We've created a family atmosphere that attracts and retains top talent because we know that means long-term relationships with our clients.
We also believe in giving back. Ric and Jean Edelman have donated their time and money to countless organizations throughout the years, and they encourage the staff at Edelman Financial to do the same. The firm matches up to $100 in charitable donations per staff member each year and employees can take a day off each year to volunteer.
Edelman Financial Services is a great place to work, and it’s all because of our people. So if you want to have a great career and have fun along the way, you've come to the right place.
Edelman Financial Services offers a wide range of benefit options.
The “Usual” Benefits
- Comprehensive & Competitive Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts and Short Term Disability
- Company paid Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) w/company match
- 12 company paid holidays (On Average)
- Paid time off
- Free fitness center access at Headquarters and various locations
The “Unusual” Benefits
- Free financial plan and reduced pricing for employee and family accounts
- Volunteer Leave, Birthday Leave, Parental Leave (for both Mothers and Fathers),
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee charitable donation match program
- Eligible for a four (4) week paid sabbatical after five (5) full years of service, this is in addition to the employee’s annual PTO allotment
- Service Awards (Rolex watch received at 10 year anniversary)
- Career training
- Employees can register for a chance to receive tickets to Wolf Trap concerts and Washington Nationals games
- Free Flu Vaccinations every year
- Various employee “fun-tivities” throughout the year
Edelman Financial Services Photos
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Edelman Financial Services full-time
- Company is willing to spend money to do things right (office space, technology, analysts). - Higher than market pay. - Bonuses for certain levels of management and for the financial planning staff. - A lot of promoting from within. - Free financial planning and discounted investment fees. - Discounts from affiliates lawyer and tax accountant. - Always updating technology - Bene's/perks like a 6 week sabbatical, free Nats tickets, free Wolf Trap tickets, a Rolex watch for your 10-yr anniversary - They really do try to make it a fun environment.
- You can't carry over PTO. It's use or lose. - Not many cons really :-)
Advice to Management
Empower all levels of supervisors and managers. You hired them (or promoted them) for their brains - trust their decision making. You won't be able to grow larger if decision making has to go up the chain so often.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edelman Financial Services.
Phone interview then in person in interview at future job location and then group interview at VA headquarters. Had phone interview with HR girl who was no longer with the company the next month. In person interview with potential future boss I thought went well. Group interview with hq staff went well I thought. Asked to read multiple books beforehand. Each book is about 600 pages; there are a dozen books and each one is about as interesting as the series 7 study materials. Ok. Was told that edelman generally charges 1.25 to 2% for management and that they generally use index funds and etf's. Higher up there says they generally don't have any alpha meaning they really aren't even seeking to beat the market. I guess they are just managing risk? One book says edelman doesn't like index funds or etf's; another says don't follow investment gurus. Seems confusing. Books read like financial planning 101 mixed with basic marketing of edelman's services. Kind of reminds me of an east coast ken fisher. Either way in both cases most of the asset management is going towards killing trees in the form of over the top marketing campaigns.
- what do you think about the investment offering Answer Question
Edelman Financial Services (EFS) is an award-winning investment management firm, established in 1987 by Ric and Jean Edelman. Our team of planners and staff have helped tens of thousands of people by providing financial advice and services.
Mission: One-on-one attention. Tailor-made financial plans. That’s what we’re about at Edelman Financial Services.