- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Electrocomponents full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
* Excellent employee benefits - private medical insurance just an example, one of the very best!
*Fantastic co-workers and great management, no time-wasters!
* You get rewarded for your hard work, and feel appreciated.
* Career progression is encouraged and support to move to the next level is immense.Cons
* employees may take advantage of the company friendly approach.
* being a distributor company, warehouse environment may not be the most cut-throat environments about.
* each department is highly competitive thereby making internal moves rather more difficult.Advice to ManagementAdvice
I've felt the presence of strong management but the only thing I would want to stress more is to keep the logistics arena as updated as the e-commerce front.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Catalogs from Electrocomponents are like wish books for engineers -- especially electronic design and maintenance engineers. The company's group of RS Components subsidiaries (including Allied Electronics, its North American arm) sells some 500,000 electronic, electrical, mechanical, protective clothing and more from more than 2,500 major suppliers. Through its well-known "RS Components" and "Radiospares" catalogs and CD-ROMs, dozens of Web sites, and trade counters (which offer free technical help), Electrocomponents reaches about 1.5 million engineers and other customers...