Enterasys Networks is one of the fastest growing companies in the networking industry, providing patented and differentiated wired and wireless network infrastructure, as well as security and management solutions. Enterasys OneFabric is the industry's first fabric-based networking solution to extend visibility and control from virtual servers to mobile devices for cloud computing and data center environments.
With over 20,000 customers and sales in over 90 countries, Enterasys enables its customers to provision the network from the data center to the mobile edge with consistent performance and enhanced security for business-critical applications, all managed from a single pane of glass.
Extreme Networks offers a dynamic and challenging opportunity to further your career and be part of a great culture. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Health, dental, and vision coverage is offered to all eligible employees, spouse or domestic partners and dependents.
- Cigna Healthcare – HMO, PPO & Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Kaiser Permanente (California Employees) – HMO & Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Cigna Dental – PPO option
- Vision Service Plan (provided to employees at no cost!)
Extreme Networks 401(k) Plan – Company Matching
The 401(k) plan, administered by Charles Schwab, is available to employees as of their date of hire. Employees may defer up to 100% of their pay, up to the IRS maximum. Extreme Networks will match 50 cents for every dollar you contribute up to 2.5% of your per pay period compensation. The Extreme Networks 401(k) Plan also includes a Roth 401(k) feature.
Employee Stock Options
The Company offers Stock Options that vest 25% after one year of employment, with the remaining 75% vesting in 36 equal monthly increments thereafter.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Extreme provides employees with an opportunity to acquire a proprietary interest in the Company through the purchase of stock. Purchases are made through accumulated, post-tax payroll deductions. Stock is purchased at the end of each Purchase Period, four times per year. The price is discounted 15% from the lower price on either the first day or the last day of the three (3) month Purchase Period.
- Short/Long Term Disability/Long Term Disability Buy Up
- Basic Life/AD&D
- Supplemental Life & Supplemental AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pre Paid Legal Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Educational Assistance
- Business Travel Accident
- Employee Referral Program
- Pet Insurance
Health Savings (HSA) and Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending (FSA) Accounts
Extreme Networks contributes up to $500 per calendar year into each employee’s HSA or FSA as applicable (prorated for new hires).
Extreme Networks offers Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts that allow you to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. The plan year for this program is January 1st through December 31st.
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Enterasys as an intern (less than a year)Pros
The atmosphere in the company is very relaxed. Everyone was very friendly and willing to help out a recent grade student. They were extremely flexible with when I could arrive and work as I commuted over and hour every day. They believe in a casual work environment.Cons
Lack of consistent work was discouraging to a motivated entry level employees. Tasks were often trivial and repetitive. Knowledge by upper level engineers was very narrow and they did not offer much help outside of there realm of work.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Enterasys.Interview Details
I was interviewed in the middle of a hurricane. The doors were open and it was business as usual. That is the kind of dedication to customers we have. The interview lasted several hours and covered a lot of areas.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- Can you make it home in the storm? View Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Enterasys Networks wants customers to feel at once connected and secure. The company is a global provider of networking hardware, security software, and related installation, maintenance, and support services. Its products include switches, routers, and security applications that enhance voice, video, and data communications, as well as wireless controllers and access points that allow remote access to business applications and data. Among Enterasys' enterprise customers are large corporations, government agencies, and schools, including Toyota, Sprint, the US Department...