- Epic Games update5 days ago
Epic Games awards another $71,000 in Unreal Engine Dev Grants to six new projects!
- Epic Games update8 days ago
We're collaborating with Microsoft to provide Visual Studio 2015 in Unreal Engine 4! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vI6FG
We hire extremely talented and experienced people, and give them all of the resources they need to succeed in a structured but casual and open environment. We invite everyone’s input into the design process to make sure the best ideas win.
We keep the team happy and productive by giving everyone a say in choosing new team members. Our requirements for every position include a passion for making games and/or the technology that makes games, a strong work ethic and great communication skills that support giving and receiving constructive criticism. That helps all of us contribute to keeping Epic great.
We feel it is important to let you know how the recruiting process works once you have submitted your resume. Here is what you can expect from us:
- You will receive email confirmation that your resume has been received and your submission will be reviewed.
- If we feel that your qualifications could be a match, you will be asked to complete a skills test and/or schedule a phone interview.
- The next steps are reference checks and an invitation to come out and meet with the team in person.
- After the onsite interview, we will make a decision about an offer.
- Should we decide not to move forward at any point in the interview process, we will let you know of our decision.
- We are fortunate to receive thousands of resumes annually, though we only hire a handful. While we appreciate your application, we simply are not able to respond to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us in a couple of weeks, we are probably not going to move forward. We welcome you to check back to the careers website regularly for new opportunities that may be a fit.
Please submit your resume in English. If you are an Artist or Level Design candidate, you must submit a portfolio to be considered.
Thank you for your interest in Epic Games!
One of the nation’s best places to live.
Mountains to the west, beaches to the east, and a vibrant city in between, bring young professionals and growing families to Cary, North Carolina. Cary is the state’s sixth-largest city and is located between Raleigh and Research Triangle Park, an area consistently ranked among the best regions in the country to live, work and play.
Get out and about.
The Raleigh/Cary network of communities are an interesting blend of historic, tree-lined streetscapes and energetic urban life. Each has its own pace and influences, from walkable shopping and dining centers with a small-town feel, to the faster-paced entertainment districts where students and professors from seven area colleges and major universities contribute to the diverse mix of people and points of view.
Outdoor recreational choices are almost endless in this part of the Southeast, where four distinct but temperate seasons offer 220 days of sunshine annually. Take a weekend to bike or hike through the Blue Ridge Mountains or head for some of the country’s best beaches at the Outer Banks; both are less than three hours away. Closer to home, explore the trails and parks in Cary’s extensive greenway system, or kayak the local lakes and rivers.
Work and live well.
Well-deserved accolades for the area touch on every aspect of the local quality of life, from the reasonable cost of living to favorable employment and housing markets. Families with children have access to an exceptional school system, with Raleigh ranked first among public schools with 300,000-plus people and Cary third among cities with a population from 100,000 to 300,000. Housing choices run the gamut from hip downtown condos, to outlying suburban neighborhoods. Education, health and government are the three largest industries in the area, which is also internationally known for thriving high-tech companies, including a concentration of more than 30 video game development companies.
Epic Games offers an outstanding benefits package to eligible employees:
- Epic paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Epic paid life, accidental death & dismemberment and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with generous match and profit sharing
- Paid vacation and sick leave are unlimited (with approval)
- 7 paid holidays (and we’re closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day)
- Flexible work hours
Epic Games Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Epic GamesRecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO
Great benefits and perks - they value their employees and treat them with respect. Also, you are held accountable for your own work, which means everyone there strives to do his/her best.
In my opinion, there were no cons, except that there was no room for growth in my particular field. I was always treated as a member of the team, and I loved it.
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you are doing!
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
First the H.R. emails you that they like you but they want you to do a exercise before inviting you. I have provided their questions down below. I think you should not even apply for this company because this type of exercise is based on selecting acceptance of whatever the manager or engineers want and not based on what your answers are. I am very sure my answers were correct because these questions are very easy to find online if you replace the Xbox with egg online ! Anyways don't waste your time with this company. Managers want to hire a specific person they have in mind but they like to still post the job and find some excuse to justify not hiring you. So, as soon as you hear/read the word do an exercise on your own time that's the time you should say no thank you. (don't get me wrong if they do it online with one of their engineers that's fine...that's how Google, Microsoft and Amazon does it but these guys are just copycats and don't know how to find real talents).
1. You have been given 2 special, extremely rugged Xboxes. You are in an office building that is 120 stories high. Using the fewest possible number of drops from windows in your office building, determine the highest floor you can drop an Xbox from and have it survive: for example, they might be able to take the drop from the 30th floor, but not the 31st. You can break both Xboxes in your search. State the worst case number of drops needed and explain how you arrived at that answer.
2. You have a very popular mobile game that supports a variety of multiplayer modes. To help players decide which game mode to play, the game will perform two API operations:
1. The game will report in which region and mode it is being played.
2. The game will query the current most popular game modes for the region in which the player is located.
To standardize the lookup of regions, the game will use 2 letter country codes (ISO 3166) to represent a region.
Your task is to design RESTful web service to support this functionality which will easily scale to millions of concurrent users. Your design should include, but is not limited to:
• A REST API specification (end points, input parameters, and output)
• A service layer design
• A persistence layer design (at a minimum should contain class diagram and how the data is being persisted)
• An explanation of how your design will scale to handle millions of concurrent users
Note: Please respond using Java. We're looking for a detailed, high level design (including the class diagram). We're not looking for actual implementation.
3. Write a function that, given a matrix of integers, builds a string with the entries of that matrix appended in clockwise order. For instance, the 3x4 matrix below:
2, 3, 4, 8
5, 7, 9, 12
1, 0, 6, 10
would make the string “2, 3, 4, 8, 12, 10, 6, 0, 1, 5, 7, 9”.
a) Given your solution, how would you verify the correctness?
4. Write the code for the following function, without using any built-in functions.
String itoa(int value, int base);
Where value is the integer to convert, and base is octal, decimal, or hex. Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Established in 1991, Epic Games develops cutting-edge games and cross-platform game engine technology. The company is responsible for the bestselling “Unreal” series of games, the billion-dollar blockbuster “Gears of War” franchise and the groundbreaking “Infinity Blade” line of mobile games. Epic’s Unreal Engine technology has won dozens of awards and is available for...
Mission: Epic Games is in the business of creating fun games we want to play and building the art and tools we need to bring those games to life. We provide our engine tech to...