- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I worked at Equilar full-time (More than a year)Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookDisapproves of CEODoesn't RecommendNegative OutlookDisapproves of CEO
I would give a 2.5/5, but to be nice, I'll round up. - For a first job out of college, you will learn a lot here. They do a good job of training and developing their new research analysts and you can expect to learn the basic skills of an analyst that can be transferred to another analyst role at another company (SQL, Excel, presentation, projects, etc.). - Career opportunities are also great as you are able to participate in a rotation program that lets you spend half your time in-between different departments and have a chance to transfer to that department if it's the right fit. - Benefits are great. 401k with matching, health, dental, vision. They provide you with a Caltrain pass if you don't drive, but if you do drive, they can only TRY to get you a parking spot as spaces are limited in the public parking structure as well as the company lot.
- Work hours are rough during proxy season, especially when you're understaffed. They expect you to stay at least 10 hours a day (sometimes longer) for about a 2-3 month period and you'll have to work weekends too. And if you're hourly, that's great, you get OT pay, but if you're salary, you are literally what they call SOL. - Compensation/salaries are low and definitely anywhere near benchmark. Funny thing is, this is a compensation bench-marking company. - No stability in upper management makes it look like there's no stability in the company and unstable direction. - Definitely not the type of company you expect to stay at for more than couple years at most. If you're here more than 3 years, I'll advise you that you should start looking elsewhere.
Advice to Management
- Hire more people. You're hiring very smart people, but you're making them do more than one job at a time and therefore the quality of work may lack. - Pay your employees as Salaries Non-Exempt, meaning they are salaried but still eligible for OT pay so that you don't have people complaining about the horrible hours during proxy season. They can work normal 40 hour weeks off-season, but when and if needed, they are still eligible for OT pay with manager approval. - Weekly one-on-one meetings with your manager can be seen as micro-management. That probably doesn't work for everyone that you hire, you should give them the option of weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or ad-hoc. - Get a bigger office or at least a second office. Trying to cram everyone in a small little "Lair" (break room/lounge area) for company meetings does not make people want to attend nor pay attention to what you have to say. - I know Asians are known to be cheap, but you can't be cheap with your employees. If you keep saying money is not an issue for the company, why are you holding back on treating your employees fairly (compensation, perks, gifts, trips, etc.)?
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Equilar.
There were three rounds of interviews. The first was an on-campus interview and was a typical interview. The second was going to their office in Redwood City. You had to fill out assessment and were interviewed by two different people. The third interview required a 15 minute presentation to a group of workers on a topic they chose.
- What do you know about Equilar and what we do? Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Equilar is dedicated to the idea that better leaders make better companies. We help leaders and companies improve by providing information and tools that strengthen corporate governance, enable broader and deeper board searches and build bridges between people at the top. Based in Redwood City, California, Equilar’s award-winning suite of online databases is the first ...
Mission: At Equilar, we aim to provide the world’s executives and board members with greater access to meaningful data, tools, and connections. We believe that our solutions provide a better way of doing business which creates better leaders, companies, and opportunities for everyone. We are committed to delivering quality solutions through the use of advanced technology and a consistent focus on expertise & service.
Work at Equilar? Share Your Experiences
- Equilar update30+ days ago
Are you or somebody you know looking for an Account Management role? Check out our positions on our careers site! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vI6XH
- Equilar update30+ days ago
Work hard, play hard, run hard! Equilar at the JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge in San Francisco.