Born online, raised by technology, and majoring in efficiency, Esurance offers consumers an easier, more modern way to manage insurance.
With round-the-clock service, an award-winning website, and a wealth of insurance tools, we make insurance smarter and easier from quote to claim.
And we wouldn't be anywhere without all the talented, smart, and diligent people on our team. Since 1999, we’ve grown from a handful of employees to over 3,000 employees in 16 offices across the nation.
If you're looking for a career that inspires, drives, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us!
Everyone performs better when they’re happy and excited about coming to work. Our benefits package is designed to help our associates stay healthy, meet their long-term financial goals, and balance the demands of work and personal life.
On top of rewarding hard work, dedication, and creativity with competitive salaries and a bonus program that rewards performance, we also offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long- and short-term disability
- Paid time off (vacation, holidays, etc.)
- Flexible spending accounts (dependent, health, and transit)
- Tuition reimbursement (up to $5,250 per year)
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Referral bonus
- Employee assistance program
- Charitable gift matching program
Because we love the communities we work in, it’s important to us that we give back. Plus, we believe that being involved in our communities creates a positive, inclusive culture for our employees.
Our community involvement includes:
- Offering the married rate to domestic partners
- Teaming up with The Trevor Project
- Supporting our veterans and their families through outreach programs and an employee resource group
- Volunteering with a wide-range of organizations, like local food banks and the American Heart Association’s Heart Walk®
- Matching employees’ charitable donations
“At Esurance, ‘diversity and inclusion’ is more than just a concept, more than just a political statement, or a soapbox. It’s part of who we are, part of where we’ve come from, and most important, it’s part of what we do.”
— Gary C.Tolman, President and CEO
Our goal is to create a diverse environment that brings rich, new perspectives to our jobs along with innovation to our business.
To celebrate diversity and ensure a happy, inclusive environment, Esurance associates have access to several diversity training courses.
Additionally, we offer Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), which provide support for colleagues with common interests. Our Esurance Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters (EVETS), for example, supports associates who are current or former military personnel as well as their spouses, siblings, families, and friends. And ePride is dedicated to the LGBTQ community and their allies.
We also believe in supporting the diversity of our customers. That’s why we offer the married rate to domestic partners.
Learn more about our commitment to diversity in, and beyond, the workplace.
Are you an innovative tech wiz looking for a new opportunity? Come flex your development dexterity at Esurance! We’re looking for software developers to join a small, motivated team.
Your day-to-day would include:
- Translating business requirements into technical specifications
- Developing distributed applications
- Testing and debugging applications
- Identifying track and resolve defects
Learn more about IT positions at Esurance.
I worked at EsurancePros
Overalls Esurance was a great place to work. Really good work life balance, good development opportunities in the office, and just a generally positive environment to be in.
The company has a pretty sizeable chunk of employees who left the company and came back after some time. I think that speaks well of the company and its culture.Cons
You trade some salary for the work life balance, and there are a few teams that seem to be outliers in terms of reviews.Advice to ManagementAdvice
I think the management should build a program to identify quickly growing talent and develop it internally.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Esurance.Interview Details
Took one week after receiving an initial call to get a phone interview, and then about a week to have an in person interview. Then it took a few days to get notified that I got the job. Then a week to start. Was not bad.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Can you tell me a time you were able to give a customer bad news, but in the end get that customer to accept it and not hold a grudge? It wasn't those exact words, but it was that general concept. View Answer
Esurance offers auto, homeowners, motorcycle, and renters insurance direct to consumers online, over the phone, and through select agents. By blending industry-leading technology and innovation with excellent customer service, we provide reliable and convenient coverage in over 40 states. We’re proud to be a member of the Allstate family with an A+ rating from A.M. Best.