Powering Live Experiences
- Eventbrite update22 hours ago
Summer is “Festival Season,” which means the team is being deployed all over the world to help out with (and of course, enjoy) some of Eventbrite’s biggest events. And did we mention we're hiring?! http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIKaL
- Eventbrite update9 days ago
Proud to be listed as one of Fortune Magazine's best places to work for Millennials, but regardless of your age (in years or at heart), we're hiring!
We’re creating the world’s first marketplace for live experiences by developing the technology that lets anyone create, share, and find new things to do.
We are here to bring people together.
The People Rule
Get ready for spontaneous applause, impromptu brainstorms, and the contagious excitement we bring to the office each day. We’ve built a team that does great work and has an awesome time doing it—and we’re always looking for more whip-smart people to pipe up, dive in, and get their hands dirty with us.
The Potential Rocks
If you like a challenge, you’ll love it here, because we’re solving tough problems every day. We’re positioned to go big (global marketplace big) and are always pressing forward. With weekly tech talks from thought leaders, brite camps led by teammates, and fireside chats with our founders, we’re committed to growth—both professionally and personally.
The Perks Are Just the Cherry on Top
Lunch? We serve that. In-office yoga? You bet. Time off? No one’s counting. Voted Best Place to Work in the Bay Area 6 years and counting, we take pride in putting people first. We offer benefits that meet you in every stage of life because we know when you’re happy and healthy you do your best work.
Our team embodies the wide spectrum of events on Eventbrite—from musicians to marathon runners, foodies to fundraisers. What unites us? Our drive to help people get offline and get together to explore their interests and pursue new passions.
Sound up your alley? Join us.
With offices in 8 of the best cities across 4 continents, we're growing internationally and looking for great people far and wide.
San Francisco • Nashville • London • Dublin • Berlin • Mendoza • São Paulo • Melbourne
Our engineering team values working together in small teams, developing simple solutions to complex problems, and we are committed to releasing open-source packages so others can benefit from and contribute to our work. Weekly demos, tech talks and quarterly hackathons are at the core of how we’ve built our team and product.
- Featured Review
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Eventbrite full-time (More than a year)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
* Colleagues are supportive and always willing to help you learn a new skill or contribute their expertise to a project. People are not territorial or competitive at all. There is team spirit in the truest sense (not just as a catchphrase).
* Everyone is genuinely friendly and cares about you as a person. I've made "real life" friends with many of the people I've worked with. Going to work is actually fun! At the same time, there is absolutely no forced socialization or expectation that you need to "fit in" -- as a general rule everyone is very accepting and welcoming.
* The degree of transparency is very high -- founders have weekly chats with the entire company where any question can be asked and will be answered. There is a minimum of office politics.
* Good work-life balance: unlimited PTO, managers encourage work life balance and there isn't a culture of staying in the office until midnight.
I've worked at 3 different companies before this, and can honestly say that Eventbrite is my favorite by far.
Compensation tends to be on the modest side, although in line with industry standards. Also balanced out by the fact that we get unlimited PTO, good work life balance, etc -- versus other places with higher compensation but a cutthroat work culture.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Eventbrite.
Talked to head engineering manager at an event and mentioned I was interested and began the interview process from there. Great talks with my interviewers was an extremely pleasant interview process. Had to end the interview process prematurely because my summer plans had changed halfway through.
At Eventbrite, we’re passionate about building a platform that brings people together around live experiences of all kinds. So we’re developing the technology that powers music festivals, hackathons, air guitar competitions, mud runs, rallies, and everything in between.
Mission: Bring the world together through live experiences