Evolent Health helps progressive healthcare systems attain their value-based care objectives. The Evolent approach, created from a collaboration between The Advisory Board and UPMC is currently deployed and demonstrating results in over a dozen markets across the country.
As a true operating partner to leading systems at all stages of transformation, we bring together top talent, platforms, and process in a purpose-driven, focused and flexible firm.
We believe provider-led, clinician-driven transformation is the key to enhanced care quality and improved financial performance. To ease the inevitable value-based care shift, Evolent offers speed-to-market, paced roll out and sustained stakeholder alignment.
STRATEGIC AND OPERATIONAL SUPPORT
Through our blueprint process, we deploy cross-functional teams who rapidly diagnose areas of immediate impact while also architecting a long term business plan. Analytics-driven, these roadmaps inform product, economic and network decisions to ensure existing and future investment is targeted at areas of maximal impact.
MANAGED SERVICES ORGANIZATION
We install the tools, technology and team needed to accelerate and advance value-based care goals across the enterprise.
Population health management:
Built-for-purpose population health platform and processes informed by over 10 years application in the provider environment.
Payer-neutral health plan support:
From delegated arrangements to provider-owned plans-with end-to-end care management and back office infrastructure.
Analytics and care management workflow engine:
Data aggregation from disparate sources; sophisticated algorithms to stratify populations, identify high risk patients and target interventions.
An embedded bench of senior talent working shoulder-to-shoulder (and under system executive leadership) with clinical and operational staff.
Our model is grounded in the belief that empowered physicians and care teams lead to engaged patients and, ultimately, to optimal population and fiscal health. Through our health system partnerships, where we share both purpose and risk, we’re moving ever closer to our vision of nationwide value-based care.
Interested in joining our team? Sign up to follow our new career opportunities.
Evolent Health supports progressive health care systems lead, build and own the path to value-based care. Evolent is a high-growth, entrepreneurial company founded in 2011. We are backed by established players in the health care industry: The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO), University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Health Plan, the nation’s second largest provider-owned plan, and TPG Growth, part of an investment firm with $55.3 billion of assets under management. Our investor partners contribute proven population health expertise, intellectual property, and strong financial backing to propel our leadership in the market. Evolent integrates the people, processes and technology needed to advance value-based care delivery and innovative payment models.
Selected as one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work, Evolent provides an opportunity to work with top experts in the health care field in an organization committed to career development. Our rapid growth is made possible by a team of professionals who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. While our team comes from a variety of backgrounds, we share a passion to advance health and health care, and a desire to pursue our passion in an innovative setting.
Our accessible leadership team cultivates an open door environment. We don’t like approval chains; we love ideas and people with the courage and conviction to bring novel solutions forward. We win as a team and always ask how we can do better. We respect and encourage commitments outside of work. While we don’t all work the same way or the same hours, we are all dedicated to exceptional results.
Our Work Environment
Headquartered near Washington, DC in Arlington, Virginia, we have additional sites in San Francisco, Pittsburgh and in client markets across the country. Our open workspace is specifically designed for collaboration and efficiency. Walking treadmill desks, an onsite fitness center, healthy snacks and fitness challenges are a part of our expansive wellness program. Evolent also sponsors company-wide community service projects and supports individual volunteering.
Our Compensation and Benefits
We recognize and reward our most valuable asset—our team—with competitive pay and annual performance-based bonuses. Evolent also offers comprehensive health benefits, a company-matched 401(k) beginning day one and flexible spending accounts for daycare and transit. Each employee receives 25 personal days and 10 holiday paid days off each year.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Evolent Health is served by leaders of deep and diverse healthcare expertise—provider, payer, medical, technology and beyond—equally devoted to building a national network of value-based care.
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Chief Transformation Officer
SVP of Payer Strategy and Operations
MDSVP of Clinical Delivery and Operations
MDChief Medical Officer
Chief Technology Officer
Chief Talent Officer
Chief Development Officer
Evolent Health Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (more than an year)Pros
There are so many extremely talented employees and because it is a flat organization everyone treats everyone else with the same amount of respect regardles of title. Great enefits, great work/life balance and they truly invest in the employees growth.Cons
Rapid growth of organzation led to minor growing pains.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Whatever you do, do not let the culture change it is one of the reasons people want to work for Evolent.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Evolent Health in September 2014.Interview Details
1) Applied through the company's career page and received a recruiter's email asking for a brief phone interview.
2) Spoke to recruiter for 15-20 minutes about my background, the position, and salary requirements. Recruiter stated he'd pass along his notes to hiring manager to see if hiring manager wanted to move me along in process. Recruiter called later that day saying manager wanted to have a phone interview.
3) Hiring manager's phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Pretty basic stuff: my background, the position, and why I wanted to leave my current job. Hiring manager said he had multiple candidates to interview, and after the phone interviews, he'd decide which candidates to bring in office to final interview. A few days later, hiring manager invited me into office for final round interview.
4) Final interview was for about 2 hours with 4 different people. First was a senior member of the team. She was easy to speak with and basically spoke about the position. Second was the VP of Finance. Again, not too difficult questions being asked. Third was the hiring manger and by this time I was getting mentally fatigued from the whole thing. Fourth was the controller. Again, easy questions as to why I wanted the job, why I chose my degree...etc. Overall, lots of behavioral questions, where you tell them about a time...etc. Honestly, by the fourth interviewer, I started asking myself If I really wanted to work here, because the people seemed too uptight.
5) Recruiter called two days later saying they chose another candidate, and for once, I wasn't disappointed to receive a rejection call.
In summary, not a bad interview process. The recruiter was great.Interview Questions
No OfferAverage Interview
- Unexpected: what do you pride yourself on? View Answer
Mission: To change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered.