Exl Service Photos
I worked at Exl Service full-timePros
Flexibility, fair pay, time off, travelCons
Understanding the organizational structure, communicationRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
3 people found this helpfulApplication Details
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Exl Service.Interview Details
Applied through a referral, got a call from HR informing more about EXL and the interview process. I was told that there would be four interviews, two on the phone and two in person.
1st Round (Phone)
- There one ant on each of the corners of an equilateral triangle that can walk in either direction. Lets say all the three ants stark walking, what is the probability that they do not collide.
- There are two boxes, one has 25 red balls and one has 25 black balls. How can I arrange the balls so that I maximize the probability of picking a red ball. How can I minimize the probability of picking the red ball.
- How would you value a company? What is higher, cost of equity or cost of debt?
2nd Round (Phone)
- Lets say your client is a retail bank. Assume the penetration rate (average number of products used by a person) is 1, and I want to increase it to 1.5. How would I go about doing that?
- How would you forecast sales for a retail store for the month of December using Time Series Analysis?
- Suppose we have to transport 5000 bananas from city A to B. Distance between A and B is 1000 miles. We have an elephant who can carry 1000 bananas at the most and eats 1 banana per mile. How do we maximize the number of bananas we can transfer
3rd Round (in person)
- How do we decide which variables to use in a regression?
- Your client is a trucking company and their profits are declining. How would you go about assisting them
- You want to develop a currency system to be able to pay any amount between 1 to 100. How many currency notes would you need. You cannot use duplicate notes for any amount (you cannot use two 2's to pay 4). What is the minimum number of notes needed?
4th Round (In person)
- There are three boxes, each of them are wrongly labelled. One has red balls, one black balls, and one a mixture of red and black. You can pick one ball at a time and put it back. How many trials would it take to correctly label all boxes.
- You have 2 eggs that if thrown from a building with 100 floors, will break from any given floor and any floor above it. You have to minimize the number of trials to determine the floor.
- Suppose you are given a game. You roll a dice and you win whatever number is on the dice. However, after seeing the number, you can choose to roll the dice again one more time. If you roll again, you get whatever you roll on the 2nd roll and forfeit whatever came up on the 1st roll. Would you roll again? If you were to pay to play this game, how much would you be willing to pay?No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Have an extra-large task you'd rather not take on? Outsource it to ExlService Holdings. The company, known as EXL, offers business process outsourcing (BPO), research and analytics, and consulting services. EXL's BPO offerings, which generate most of its sales, include claims processing, collections, customer support, and finance and accounting. Customers come mainly from the banking, financial services, and insurance industries, but also from sectors such as utilities and telecommunications. Two customers, The Travelers Indemnity Company and natural gas supplier Centrica...