Organizations facing complex challenges and opportunities must make critical decisions to protect their enterprise value. Companies call on FTI Consulting and our unique arsenal of capabilities and expertise to develop and execute innovative solutions that transform complexity into competitive advantage.
We aim to attract, hire, acquire, develop and, most importantly, retain the best and most talented people in the world. Consistent with the highest ideals of loyalty, integrity, excellence, client service and respect, we act as one in helping our clients identify their jugular issues, devise value-added solutions for them, and then deliver those solutions locally through the last mile of execution in a timely, effective, thorough, seamless and cost-efficient manner.
The unique combination of our firm’s breadth and depth of skills and industry knowledge is what makes FTI Consulting so invaluable to our clients. We employ world-renowned industry experts, in their respective fields, who serve as trusted advisors to our clients and mentors to our employees.
Our Skills and Expertise
Corporate Finance / Restructuring
As a member of this FTI Consulting team of industry, financial and operational experts, you will focus on our clients’ strategic, operational, financial and capital needs. You will help find workable solutions to the full spectrum of financial and transactional challenges and opportunities faced by companies, boards, private equity sponsors, creditors and other interested parties.
Forensic and Litigation Consulting
As a member of this practice, you will be involved in highly complex and high-profile legal cases. Working on behalf of corporations, governments and law firms, each case calls for a team of people with exactly the right expertise and range of forensic, investigative, data analytic and litigation experience.
Delivering incisive interpretation of complex economic issues has made FTI Consulting a world leader in this field. As part of this practice, you will be involved in the analysis of legal and regulatory proceedings, strategic decisions, antitrust matters and public policy debates.
Legal, regulatory and investigative requirements make huge e-discovery demands on any organization. Our Technology practice helps corporations, governments and law firms meet these demands without disrupting their core responsibilities. As an eDiscovery expert, you will be part of an award winning Ringtail team, managing requests throughout the data cycle.
How a company communicates, both internally and externally, is critical to its brand, its reputation and its valuation. Doing it right is an essential part of solving any important business issue. As part of this practice, you will participate in our uniquely holistic approach to strategic communications, including everything from brand development and investor relations to employee alignment and strategic philanthropy.
We are committed to providing new employees with a clear plan for growth and development. From the very start and throughout your career, we promote continuous learning and individual skill development to help you help us respond to rapidly changing and complex market needs.
For us, it is an important investment because it is your talents and skills that distinguish us from our competitors. Helping you realize your potential and feel fulfilled in your work is the best way to ensure success — for you, for FTI Consulting and for our clients.
Our Learning Culture
Our Learning Curriculum is designed to meet your needs at every stage of your career. From your first introduction to the FTI Consulting team and continuing as you grow within the firm, we will equip you with the core skills — leadership, business development, project management and technical capabilities — relevant to your practice and necessary to succeed.
You will benefit from a blended learning experience — classroom, virtual and e-learning courses — modeled for your individual job function and enhancement of your on-the-job performance. These courses provide hands-on, practical tools and methods that can be applied on the job immediately. The knowledge and skills you obtain can contribute toward industry-recognized certifications.
Key Learning Courses
- New Hire Orientation
This two-day course is your introduction to FTI Consulting at whatever level you join. Constructed to make you feel at home as quickly and smoothly as possible, it equips you with the information, tools and resources you will need to make a successful start.
- New Director School
This innovative course is set up to help newly promoted Directors or Managers understand their roles and enhance their leadership, managerial, team and client interaction skills.
- FTI University
This program includes cross-practice courses that provide training on core skills, as well as education on your business-specific proficiencies and methodologies.
- Leadership Forums
This series of leadership programs is designed for selected groups of high-performing Managing Directors and Senior Managing Directors. It is a unique opportunity to engage with your fellow leaders and world-class academicians from around the globe. You will learn more about each other, as well as the business strategies and tactics necessary to lead a growing and diverse business such as FTI Consulting.
In order to support our mission to be one of the most sought after employers, FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Our benefits package covers a broad spectrum of benefits for employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children.
Health, Dental and Vision
Healthcare: Cigna Healthcare — Open Access Plus or Consumer Directed Health Plan w/ Health Saving Account
Both Medical Plans offer:
- Option to choose in-network or out-of-network providers
- No requirement for specialist referrals
- Prescription drug coverage
- Access to Cigna’s case management team for assistance to families in managing chronic conditions and complex medical conditions
- Option to choose in-network or out-of-network providers
- 100 percent coverage of preventive care
- Restorative and orthodontic coverage available to entire family
- Option to choose in-network or out-of network providers
- In-network services paid in full after the required co-pay (subject to plan limits)
Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Contributions up to the annual Internal Revenue Service (IRS) maximum on a pretax basis to pay for eligible healthcare expenses
Health Savings Account
- Pre-tax contributions to your account up to the annual Internal Revenue Service limit
- Account grows tax free with interest or investment returns
- Qualified medical expenses are paid tax free
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Both traditional pretax and Roth post-tax contribution options affording more flexibility in planning for retirement
- A wide variety of investment options and tools to help plan for retirement
- 50 percent company match of an employee’s contribution up to a maximum employee contribution of the first 6 percent of eligible wages, subject to the maximum limits established by the Internal Revenue Service for the applicable year
- Employee and employer contributions 100 percent vested
- Short Term Disability is available to eligible employees that provides income protection should an employee become disabled because of accident, illness or injury
- Long Term Disability coverage is provided to eligible employees that provides income protection should an employee become disabled because of accident, illness or injury
Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Other Insurance
- Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage available at discounted rates; no medical underwriting required if elected at date of hire
- Supplemental Life and AD&D coverage; and
- Spouse Life and AD&D as well as Child Life insurance is also available
- Excess Group Liability Insurance — opportunity to purchase individual umbrella coverage to better protect an employee and an employee’s family against a wide variety of risks
Flexible Spending and Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account — contributions up to the annual IRS maximum on a pretax basis to pay for eligible dependent care expenses
- Qualified Transportation and Parking Fringe Benefit Plans — provision to pay for commuting and parking costs on a pretax basis.
Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Paid Time Off — flexibility to manage time off; eligibility and policy vary based on employee category, service time and state regulations
- Holidays — ten paid holidays each year in a combination of designated holidays and floating holidays, which can be used at the employee’s discretion
- Parental Leave — two weeks of paid time off for the birth or adoption of a child
At FTI Consulting, our goal is to attract, hire, acquire, develop and, most importantly, retain the best and most talented people in the world. As our company continues to grow, we remain focused on building and maintaining a strong culture of diversity and inclusion.
"FTI Consulting has a strong commitment to creating an environment that encourages and enables women to reach their full potential and become practice builders and leaders. The FTI WIN program is both a global and local network aimed at creating strong communities, opportunities to learn and chances to make a difference."
Carlyn Taylor, FTI WIN Global Steering Committee Chair, Global Industry Leader
Through FTI Consulting's Women’s Initiative (“FTI WIN”), we offer career training, professional development, mentorship, networking and community outreach opportunities across the globe to empower our female professionals to reach their highest potential in their careers and develop best-in-class leadership capabilities.
The FTI WIN community is supported by our company's senior leadership and is established in all of our major offices around the globe, targeting our female professionals at all levels within the firm.
To attract, retain, develop and promote the best female talent and position FTI Consulting as an employer of choice for highly talented women professionals.
“FTI WIN is a tremendous way to interact and collaborate with our colleagues, both women and men, across the globe and our many businesses. This program is key to the advancement of diversity at FTI Consulting as we look to further enhance the culture of our great firm.”
Holly Paul, FTI WIN Global Steering Committee, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Increase the representation of women in senior leadership positions and in critical decision-making and planning.
- Retain high-potential women to increase the ratio of women to men in senior leadership positions.
- Increase professional development by networking with our women clients, women in finance and women executives.
- Improve FTI Consulting as a place for successful women to build long-term careers.
- Build a global FTI WIN community, including female advocates to support the success of the initiative.
All across the country, FTI Consulting employees take part in activities that benefit their local communities. From building a house with Habitat for Humanity in Annapolis, Md., to “adopting” a family for the holidays through The Salvation Army in Dallas; from running for the Central Park Conservancy in the JPMorgan Chase Corporate Challenge in New York City to painting schools in the Windy City via the Chicago Cares Serve-a-thon, our employees believe in giving back.
How will you get involved?
FTI Consulting Photos
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I worked at FTI Consulting full-time (More than a year)
Work with really smart people. You are given as much responsibility as you can handle and benefit from large amounts of exposure to senior management (both within FTI and at client sites)
Travel can be arduous, and pay is not always competitive enough to compensate.
Advice to Management
Reward great people and they will stay longer.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FTI Consulting in May 2015.
I applied online and didn't expect anything. The recruiter contacted me after a week and scheduled a phone interview. During the phone screening, I led the whole talk. I think I was very persuasive and did a good job. At the end, the recruiter said I had an very impressive experience and he would send my information to hiring manager and get back to me as soon as possible. And I never heard from him any more. I sent a follow up letter after 10 days, still no reply.
- Why did you left that company? 1 Answer
When someone has been cooking the books, FTI Consulting has a recipe for recovery. Established in 1982, the company is one of the leading providers of consulting services related to corporate finance and restructuring (through FD International and other units). It also offers forensic accounting, litigation support, and investigative services to companies confronted with problems such as fraud in order to assist them in their legal defense or pursuit of recoveries. Other consulting service areas include economics, strategic and financial communications, and technology ...