- Work/Life Balance
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Fairmont RafflesRecommendsApproves of CEORecommendsApproves of CEO
Fairmont offers a lot of opportunity for growth within the company, whether it be with the property you currently are employed or at another property elsewhere. Also, Fairmont prides itself on providing top notch customer service and they truly do.
For me I would have to say the only downside of working for Fairmont Pittsburgh is that it is a new hotel that has not even been open for one whole year. There for there have been a lot of kinks to work out resulting in a higher than average turnover rate for the hotel industry.
Advice to Management
I would focus on lowering employee turnover rather than other side projects just in this beginning year of being open.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Fairmont Raffles.
The interview consists of two thirty minute interviews. The first interview is done by the Human Resources representative. The second interview is done by the General Manager of one the properties. There was an information session following the interviews where candidates were expected to attend. This session included a video and testimony of a previous LDP.
- List your location preferences (3 to 5). Answer Question
- Tell me about yourself. Answer Question
- How do you work in a fast-paced environment? How do you meet deadlines? Answer Question
- In a team environment do you consider yourself a leader, player or follower? Why? Answer Question
- Is it important to get to know your coworkers? How well? Do you think coworkers are like family? Why? In the first couple of weeks (30-60 days) of this position how would you gain respect from your coworkers? How flexible are you with working overtime? What do you know about this organization? Why would you like to work for this organization? OR Why are you interested in this organization? What is your 5 year plan? Do you have any questions for me? Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
When three leading hotel brands united under the banner of FRHI Hotels & Resorts (FHRI) in 2006, a new force in the global hospitality market was born. From the merger of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Raffles Hotels & Resorts and Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts emerged a global hotel management company that today boasts over 105 hotels in 42 countries with more than ...
Mission: With a corporate vision to be “the world’s preferred hospitality company”, FRHI is focused on growing its distinctive hotel brands; providing each and every guest with a unique and meaningful travel experience; being an employer of choice with a workplace culture of respect, teamwork, integrity, accountability and excellence; and driving financial performance for key stakeholders and owners.