- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Fandango full-timeRecommendsNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEORecommendsNeutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO
- Pretty good Work/Life balance - People are friendly and easy to work with - Some nice perks (vouchers for movie tickets, catered lunches 2x a week, company activities) - Competitive compensation - Really really good tech team
- No bonus structure - Conflicting ideas for what the company should be within the organization - Not the fastest moving / innovative of companies
Advice to Management
- More empowerment to the rank-and-file, will get more innovation at a faster rate.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week – interviewed at Fandango (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.
I was asked about the recent challenges I faced at my work, and how I managed to resolve them. I also talked about the importance of software unit testing and TDD, and how I managed to convert my team into a full TDD shop. At the end, I was asked to do a simple CSS and jQuery exercise that was quite fun. I was glad I still remember my jQuery in spite of switching to Angular a while back! I was very impressed with the Fandago team, and at the end I accepted their offer in spite of receiving several higher offers elsewhere. I like their software development philosophy and the fact that they seem a lot more organized than the other organizations I interviewed at.
- What are the benefits of Test Driven Development? 1 Answer
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an ...
Mission: To delight movie fans with engaging content, indispensable information, and innovative tools to best deliver their total movie experience – anytime, anywhere.