2 people found this helpful
I have been working at FindTheBest.com full-timePros
- Plenty of opportunities to take on responsibility. For engineers, there are a lot of different technologies in the platform, and you’ll have the opportunity to be as full-stack as you’d like. Or, focus on specifics like front-end development or data scaling. One of my major reasons for choosing FindTheBest over a larger organization was the freedom to determine my own focuses, or even to avoid specializing right away.
- Projects move fast (three weeks each, max), and teams are fluid. Very little dogma in terms of how problems can and can’t be solved.
- You’ll be pushed to build features in robust ways – most code will affect each of several thousand datasets on the site.
- Perks are great: ask about them. Most employees enjoy one another and stay involved in the many (optional) events and activities.
- It’s something to be aware of when considering FindTheBest, because it may not fit your needs, but in my case the long hours have been a plus. I wanted an environment where I could push myself and learn very transferrable skills, even if that meant a lot of work in the short term. That said, hours are flexible and have generally decreased over time.Cons
- Team workflows leave little time for perfection. Internal QA is quite effective, for various reasons, but as a result formal testing is largely skipped. This has worked well for staying agile and building quickly, but may frustrate engineers and designers who prefer testing their work or who are hoping to develop that skillset.
- Location. Yes, Santa Barbara is beautiful, and the area makes it easy to keep an active lifestyle. That said, I would choose a larger city if I could, for the purposes of meeting other developers and for personal reasons.RecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Interview Details
First, they will set up a phone interview to ask about your basic background, then second phone interview to test your technical skills. Usually they will start by letting you introduce yourself and then they will ask some questions about your project, then some technical problemsInterview Questions
- database migration Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
FindTheBest is a research engine that collects, structures, and connects the world’s data — 88 billion facts to date — to give people the most information about their interests. The company's desktop site, mobile site, and embeddable widgets let people thoroughly research thousands of topics on one intuitive interface. Launched in late 2010, FindTheBest has quickly become a...
Mission: FindTheBest's mission is to collect, structure, and connect the world’s data