Making Payments Easy
We're Stronger Together
An industry leader in merchant services, First American Payment Systems is ranked as one of the top privately-owned merchant acquirers in the United States, and is one of the only merchant acquirers in the industry to truly own and operate all of our core products and services.
First American was founded in Palm Springs, CA in 1990. Three years later, Neil Randel, a veteran of the merchant services industry, invested in and relocated the small organization to Fort Worth, TX. Mr. Randel, now CEO, was growing increasingly uneasy with the state of the industry in the '80s and '90s. At that time, providing a suite of payment solutions to businesses required multiple third-party contracts and separate service centers—a structure that placed merchant service, and ultimately, satisfaction, in the hands of others. Mr. Randel envisioned his company providing a broad suite of solutions to businesses from a single source; and he began crafting First American in this image.
Over the next twenty years, Mr. Randel assembled payment solutions, through internal development and acquisition, to establish First American as THE single-source provider of payment solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. His vision is exemplified today with an in-house product and service suite, proprietary back-end settlement platform, and a full-service support center that services over 140,000 businesses throughout the United States.
First American's family of companies include:
- iATS Payments - provides payment processing solutions to nonprofit organizations
- GoEmerchant - develops technology and products to facilitate payment processing
- Govolution - provides technology and services that enable government organizations to accept payments
Understanding that the needs of today’s businesses will continue to change, First American continues to bring new payment solutions to market in order to meet the needs of tomorrow’s businesses
We're Stronger Together
Merchant credit card processing companies come and go, but First American Payment Systems remains a pillar in the industry for 25 years and we are still growing. We provide commerce solutions to small through midsized merchants throughout North America and partner with Independent Sales Offices (ISO), Value Added Resellers (VARS), Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) and banks throughout the United States. Through our robust, unique front and back end in house processing to our award winning 24/7 customer service center, we have a solution for any payment processing need.
First American is conveniently located in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. In the heart of downtown Fort Worth and within steps of the prestigious Sundance Square, we enjoy views of both historic landmarks as well as the newly renovated downtown cityscape. Limitless choices of shopping, dining, and entertainment are all in our backyard.
We remain and continue to experience exponential growth over our 25 year history because of the efforts of each individual employee. This is the foundation in which First American was built and continues as our mantra today. Each person is not just a face in the crowd, but a working partner contributing to the daily and overall success of the company. We reward our employees through a variety of incentives, from discount programs to tenure award appreciation gifts.
As much as we value our employees, we value the community that surrounds us. With annual participation in fundraising for organizations like American Heart Association, Tarrant County Food Bank and Safe Haven, we believe it is right to give back and give generously.
We believe in building careers, but also relationships that last.
- The Benefits
- Stable yet exciting work environment and culture – First American is a well-respected name in the credit card processing industry that blends an innovative corporate environment with a heightened appreciation of its grass roots origin
- Location – First American is located in the heart of downtown Fort Worth, with an easy commute from most metroplex locations
- Travel/Parking benefits – First American offers free parking for all associates as well as the option for discounted mass transit passes
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off – we offer a generous amount of time off including company paid holidays as well as sick, floating personal, and vacation days.
- Traditional business working hours – First American's main operations are Monday through Friday, 8-5.
- Personal Growth
- Tuition reimbursement for every individual to further his or her education.
- Philosophy of building leaders and “hiring from within” – we train and want the very best for all our employees from our own Leadership Training program to our desire to retain our talent for use in higher levels in our organization. Our employees can expect a lot
- Health Benefits
- Prescription benefits
- Paid Dental and Vision insurance
- Paid Short and Long Term Disability insurance
- Paid Basic and AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance options available
- Flexible Spending account
Come, begin your journey with us.
First American Payment Systems Photos
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at First American Payment Systems full-time (More than 8 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookRecommendsPositive Outlook
They are big about promoting from within. CS is encouraged to help customers, not just get them off the phones. Compensation is generous.Special treats like snow cones are a nice show of appreciation.
would be good to have corporate and CS in the same building, compensation package isn't as good as it once was.
Advice to Management
don't let the benefits package slip any further. minor increases in costs are understandable, but this year has seen a loss of 2 big parts of the compensation packages.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (2)No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at First American Payment Systems (Dallas, TX) in July 2014.
Phone screening first and then an In-person interview with the supervisor and the director. Complete lack of respect. After the interview, never received any feedback, despite phone calls/emails. After having over 30 interviews with various companies this is the first to not respond after the interview with either a yes or a no in regards to next steps.
- Fairly standard interview questions. 1 Answer
First American Payment Systems, based in Fort Worth, Texas, is a payment processor that provides comprehensive electronic transaction processing services for more than 140,000 merchants throughout the United States and Canada. In addition to credit, debit, and EBT card processing, First American offers a complete line of proprietary business solutions, including 1stPayPOS ...
Mission: Our mission is to provide the most honest, and best payment processing service to all of our merchants.