To Potential Candidates, Current Employees & Fishbowl Alumni:
Thank you for visiting our Glassdoor page – whether you are researching a job opportunity or providing feedback on your experience working with Fishbowl, we appreciate you spending time with us.
The past several months have been transformational for our business as we evolved our CRM solution to an integrated Marketing Analytics Platform that leverages big data. That transformation has come with many exciting opportunities and, of course, its fair share of challenges. The feedback we have received along the way has ranged from positive to negative and everywhere in between. But it has been honest, and it has been heard.
We know change is tough. Our business is evolving, and the results of this change will not be for everyone. The path we are on leads us toward our vision of becoming the industry standard for data and predictive analytics. We will continue to evolve and we will have to make tough choices. We will have occasional bumps in the road, but we will continue to push toward this vision. Our recent product releases, the establishment of a key partnership agreement with Coca-Cola, and the customer wins we are seeing are all a testament to the hard work of our committed team and to the fact that our strategy is heading in the right direction.
Ambitious goals require us to push beyond our comfort zone. If you are looking for an exciting journey in marketing analytics and big data, I encourage you to take a look at what we’re doing at Fishbowl. We look forward to spending more time together.
BE NICE. HAVE FUN. DELIVER RESULTS.
That's what we're doing here every day.
Fishbowl provides the restaurant industry’s only comprehensive smart marketing platform, which helps clients maximize sales through integrated software and services. The company serves over 50,000 restaurants with its benchmarked solutions and best practices that address the key business challenges of guest acquisition, guest engagement, and silos of guest analytics.
Hear more about the dawn of the Fishbowl age from our founder, Scott Shaw.
At Fishbowl, our success is derived from our team’s commitment to customer satisfaction, product innovation and industry leadership. These core values shape our culture and guide our decisions. Our dynamic culture truly sets Fishbowl apart. The following questions should provide you with insight into who we are and what is important to us.
- Is working in an atmosphere that is charged with energy and creativity important to you?
- Are you the type of person who, when faced with a challenge, sees the opportunity to create solutions?
- Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that is focused on delighting its clients?
- When faced with multiple priorities, can you organize your time effectively and meet deadlines?
- Do you value relationships, support team work, and understand that true success comes from putting people first?
- Do you know how to have fun at work and still get amazing results?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, you may be able to make a real impact at Fishbowl!
‘Bowlers receive great benefits, including:
- Medical Benefits with BCBS — Domestic Partnerships Welcomed
- Dental — Domestic Partnerships Welcomed
- Vision — Domestic Partnerships Welcomed
- Short Term Disability — Company Paid
- Long Term Disability — Company Paid
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocacy Concierge Service
- Life Insurance — Company Paid
- Voluntary Life Insurance Options
Take a Break
- 8 Company Paid Holidays
- 3 Floating Holidays (we let you chose when you need a holiday!)
- 16 Days of PTO
Save Your $$ with Pre-Tax Savings Plans
- Flexible Savings Plans
- Dependent Care
On Campus Perks
- Free Access to fitness center with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Potomac River
- Walking and Running Trails
- Car Detailing Service
- Flip Flop Friendly Atmosphere
- Bagel Fridays
- Metro Benefits
- Free Shuttle from Braddock Road Station (yellow and blue lines)
- Garage Parking —we pay half the expense for you!
- Free Lunch Time Shuttle to King Street Restaurants
- Balconies that wrap around three sides of our office overlooking the Potomac, the Capitol, the Washington Monument and the National Harbor
- Restaurant Style Café/Break Room
- Walking Distance to over 10 Local Eateries
- Miami-style patio furniture on our balcony where you can have lunch alfresco, conduct a meeting, work outside with WIFI or just take a break
- Nursing Rooms – just the privacy a Mom needs – plus relaxing massage chairs!
- Lunchtime Summer Concerts with free refreshments every other week in our outdoor amphitheater overlooking the Potomac
Every ‘Bowler is offered stock options. We make this investment because we believe our people have 2 jobs. #1 is the job we hired them to do. #2 is to help us continue to grow the company! When we all do both well, everybody wins (and those options get mighty valuable).
Fishbowl Marketing Photos
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Fishbowl Marketing full-time (More than a year)
Bright open floor plan which allows for collaboration. Everyone seems to be upbeat and positive. There is NEVER a dull day at the office. The day fly's by and the work we are doing is so exciting!
There seems to be animosity from recent changes but i hope that mindset can be overcome. It's only a few team members who have had friends that were let go that seem to have this opinion. Overall, I haven't come across any negatives but all things has its' challenges.
Advice to Management
Help nurture those in need by getting them excited about the future. I'm excited!
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fishbowl Marketing (Alexandria, VA) in May 2015.
Phone call followed up with an interview at the office at Alexandria. Polite. Nice. There were two people interviewing me. Everyone who I met in the sales department was friendly. Good work environment. Pretty easy interview.
- What qualities make a good sales rep? What have you done in the past to show these qualities? 1 Answer
Recognized as one of 2014's "Top Employers" by the Washington Post and a "Best Place to Work in Virginia" by Virginia Business! Fishbowl provides the restaurant industry’s only comprehensive smart marketing platform, which helps clients maximize sales through integrated software and services. The company serves over 50,000 restaurants with its ...
Mission: At Fishbowl, we have a simple set of rules: “Be nice, have fun, and deliver the results.”