Fisher Investments is not your typical financial services company. We consider ourselves industry pioneers and pride ourselves in our specialized business model and innovative approach. We believe this creates value for not only clients – but also employees through a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Fisher Investments was named by BusinessWeek as one of the Best Places to Launch a Career in 2008. CEO Ken Fisher has been recognized by Investment Advisor magazine as “Doing it Right” and more recently in its Thirty for Thirty list of the 30 most influential industry figures over the last 30 years for his innovative approach to building and growing Fisher Investments – including separate sales and service teams, extensive use of direct marketing, and hiring of a formally designated Chief Innovation Officer. Ken Fisher is ranked as one of the most accurate market forecasters by independent 3rd party CXO Advisory Group*.
* www.cxoadvisory.com/gurus. As of 10/10/2013. Fisher Investments has no affiliation with CXO Advisory Group. Ken Fisher's market forecasts in Forbes represent his personal forecasts of the overall market and are not an indication of the performance of Fisher Investments. Not all forecasts may be as accurate as those in the past. Investing in securities involves the risk of loss. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Fisher Investments is an independent, privately-owned money management firm overseeing tens of billions of dollars across two principal business units, Fisher Investments Institutional Group and Fisher Investments Private Client Group. Together, these groups serve a global client base of diverse investors including over 100 large institutions made up of corporate, public and multi-employer pension funds, foundations and endowments, insurance companies, healthcare organizations, governments and over 25,000 high net worth individuals.
Our Investment Policy Committee has over 100 years combined industry experience and makes all strategic investment decisions, supported by a large in-house research staff. Founder and CEO Ken Fisher has written the Forbes Portfolio Strategy column for 29 years, has written 10 books on investing and personal finance, 5 of which are bestsellers, was named by Investment Advisor as one of the 30 most influential industry individuals in the last 30 years, and is globally recognized as an investment guru.
The firm has offices in Woodside and San Mateo, California (both in the San Francisco Bay Area) and Camas, WA, in Portland metro area. Internationally, Fisher Investments’ wholly-owned subsidiary, Fisher Investments UK, markets the firm’s services to investors in the UK and its joint-venture affiliate, Grüner Fisher Investments GmbH, serves investors in Germany.
Whether you are new to the business or have a history of success, you will find an array of career opportunities at Fisher Investments. We are committed to helping employees build lasting careers and offer extensive training and the opportunity to move vertically or laterally. Your own determination and accomplishments will define your career path.
Just starting out? Fisher Investments’ associate positions in a variety of departments, including Sales, Client Services, Research and Investment Operations, offer a launch pad for a financial services career with immediate hands-on experience, broad exposure to the business, extensive training, mentoring and ongoing education. You will have exposure to many different areas of the firm with the ability to interact with different levels of management, even at this associate level. You will be given the opportunity to excel from day one.
Seasoned professional? Continue your financial services career at Fisher Investments. We offer a variety of opportunities in Client Services and Sales where you’ll work with a high caliber team of professionals to provide top-notch service to current and prospective clients. Or work in IT where you’ll have hands-on involvement in many exciting projects that support the firm’s marketing, trading, and other activities.
We want people to build lifelong careers at Fisher Investments. Therefore, we promote a challenging, results-oriented environment where employees are given the tools to succeed and rewarded when they do. We seek to continually innovate, encouraging employees to share and test new ideas – both big and small. Everybody is given an opportunity to make a difference.
Fisher Investments believes in a meritocracy where employees are rewarded based on contributions and performance. We also believe in an open, team-oriented environment—there are no offices or cubicles, employees are grouped into teams, and the management structure is relatively flat. All this promotes an interactive, collaborative setting where people are motivated to work at their full potential, and exceptional people can stand out.
One of Fisher Investments’ greatest assets is its employees. Therefore, we have a commitment to education, training and ongoing development at all levels. We also offer the opportunity for employees to take on new, challenging opportunities throughout different areas of the firm, based on their performance. This enables employees to expand skills, contribute at the highest possible level, and ultimately build a rewarding career path.
Fisher Investments offers a competitive compensation package including the following:
· Employer paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees plus dependents
· 401(k) Benefits with a 50% Company Match on all contributions
· Generous Paid-Time-Off, including Holidays
· Opportunities for Life Insurance and Disability Coverage
· Ability to maintain an HSA Account or establish one with Company Match
· Other Optional Employee Services, such as discount plans
· Employee Referral Program
Fisher Investments Photos
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Fisher InvestmentsPros
- Health benefits are second to none. Think big tech- fully paid insurance premiums, no deductible plans, etc.
- Strong bonus structure.
- Generous PTO for new employees (4 weeks) with holidays on top.
- 401(k) match is huge, although vesting schedule could be improved (3yrs).
- Lots of corporate growth and opportunity to advance at a very fast pace.Cons
- Long hours. Standard for most roles are 7am - 5pm. Pay is based off 50hr work week. On the flip side however almost everyone leaves at right at 5pm.
- Very young culture. Majority of employees are new college graduates. It is easy to feel old or out of place.
- High expectations, but this is common at any big company.
- Parking sucks.Advice to ManagementAdvice
- Continue focus on employee development as company matures. Add tuition reimbursement program.
- Improve transparency with other groups and better define department roles. With the rapid growth there are now many redundant teams that are all jockeying to come out on top. Stop the internal competition through better structure and then focus on the clients.
- A cafeteria would be great for a company of this size.
- Promote employee tenure and depth of experience.RecommendsNeutral OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fisher Investments.Interview Details
30 minute conversational style interview in person with a recruiter. It was a very relaxed environment. After the in person character test and resume check another 30 minute phone interview was scheduled with someone on thier hiring team. Still in the process so hopefully the phone interview goes smoothly like the face-to-face interview.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Describe your background. Answer Question
Established in 1979, Fisher Investments is a money management firm serving institutional investors and wealthy individuals with at least $500,000 to invest. The firm is active in the US and in the UK, where it operates through subsidiary Fisher Investments UK. In Germany, Fisher does business through its joint-venture affiliate, Grüner Fisher Investments. At the helm of Fisher Investments is founder, CEO, Co-Chief Investment Officer, and self-made billionaire Ken Fisher, who has authored several books on investing and has written the "Portfolio Strategy" column for Forbes...