With a career at Florida Blue, you can help us find the best solutions in the pursuit of health, not only for ourselves, but also for our families, neighbors and communities. We’re a health solutions company. That’s why we’re constantly seeking individuals with new ideas and fresh perspectives- people who share our passion and want to be partners in this pursuit.
Working in any one of our innovative new Florida Blue Centers, our offices across the state, or our expansive headquarters in Jacksonville, you’ll be the voice of a team Floridians know and trust, building relationships and delivering unmatched customer care. Join us! Together, we’re redefining the way people in Florida access affordable, quality health.
Salary information disclosed by Glassdoor is not authorized or provided by Florida Blue or any of its affiliates.
Florida Blue is the oldest and largest health plan provider in the state of Florida.
• Vision: “Committed to helping people and communities achieve better health.”
• Mission: We believe Florida Blue has a unique role in advancing the health and well-being of Florida’s citizens. While all successful companies must focus on meeting customer needs, our corporate beliefs call for a much greater commitment to the public good.
Our purpose requires working for public policy that enables an excellent, efficient health system; affordable products and services; and protection for as many Floridians as possible. It also demands that our programs support the delivery of high-quality care.
Through our products, employee relations, political influence and community involvement, we consistently attempt to make a constructive contribution to the well-being of our customers and all Floridians.
A financially-strong, independent, policyholder-owned parent company is most conducive to pursuing our community-driven, customer-focused mission. This allows us the flexibility to use various structures, as appropriate, for entities under the parent.
Our Florida Blue Employee Benefits Program
Every day you come to work, you show concern for the health and well-being of others. Your commitment to our company and customers enables us to deliver on the caring solutions we promise.
Here, we focus on you, our highly valued employees, and the benefits that protect you and help you plan for the future. Of course, this is only a partial list of what we offer you.
Our employees enjoy a valuable and comprehensive benefits package that offers choice and flexibility to meet the needs of our diverse workforce.
Benefits You offers:
| || |
At Florida Blue, we have a long history of providing health-related solutions to the people of Florida. Our roots date back to 1944. Ever since then, we have continued to grow and expand.
Today, our focus remains primarily on the health industry, but we are more than just a health insurer. We are committed to meeting the diverse needs of the health industry in ways that continue to evolve each and every day.
The protection we offer begins with our members, but doesn't end with them. We also take responsibility for helping the uninsured and those less fortunate in our communities. Our efforts are focused on advancing the health and well-being of Florida's citizens through education, health and community development programs.
As one of the most diverse states in the nation, Florida has the largest population of people over the age of 65 - which will continue to grow as baby boomers retire and seek the pleasures of the Sunshine State. Our state's economic engine is fueled by small businesses, with over 20 percent of those businesses owned by Hispanics and African Americans. Nearly one in 10 of all foreign-born residents in the United States live in Florida. And the state's growing multicultural communities, among them African American, Black Caribbean, Hispanic, Asian and Native American, represent nearly 40 percent of Florida's population.
We have the privilege of insuring and servicing more than four million Floridians - each with a unique combination of characteristics, including gender, age, ethnicity, education, religion, income, family status and experiences. As Florida's growing population continues to change, we are committed to expanding our cultural competence to understand and address the varied perspectives and health needs of all communities.
And with this continued focus, Florida Blue can offer you many career opportunities across the state of Florida within a diverse work environment, complemented by a wealth of training, networking and mentoring programs. As one of our dedicated associates, you will have plenty of opportunities to fully develop your talents. And by promoting and supporting work/life balance and providing excellent employee benefits, our goal at Florida Blue is to become one of the best places to work.
Join us and become part of the next phase of the Florida Blue story.
Florida Blue is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Florida Blue has a deep commitment to give back to the communities we serve. The company supports its mission by playing a unique role in advancing the health and well-being of Florida’s citizens. We focus on a much greater commitment to the public good and continue to support Floridians through programs focused on health, education, children, the elderly, minorities, and the uninsured and underserved, as well as initiatives that positively impact the quality of life in our communities.
Through Blue Community Champions, employees volunteer thousands of hours every year to provide board leadership, feed the hungry, walk miles to raise funds for worthy causes, mobilize volunteers and challenge other organizations to become involved.
In 2009, community investments (excluding The Blue Foundation) totaled $5 million for 325 nonprofits and our employees logged more than 30,000 hours volunteering in our communities. In addition, 2009 marked the 11th consecutive year Florida Blue has been the leader in corporate and employee giving to the United Way of Northeast Florida with $1.6 million in contributions.
- BCBSF Foundation was founded in 2001 as Florida Blue's nonprofit philanthropic affiliate
- BCBSF Foundation and its parent, Florida Blue, are Independent Licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
- The mission of BCBSF Foundation is to improve the health and well-being of Floridians and their communities
- BCBSF Foundation partners with community-based nonprofit organizations that provide primary health care, preventive care and other services that promote healthy lifestyles
- BCBSF Foundation strategically allocates grants toward philanthropic, community-based solutions through five focus areas:
- Improving Access to Health Care (IMPACT) -- grants to Florida nonprofit health care organizations to provide access to quality health-related services and address health care disparities (cornerstone of BCBSF Foundation programming)
- Improving Consumer Health –addressing childhood obesity through partnership with communities across Florida and grants to support promising practices and applied research (created in 2008)
- Improving the Quality and Safety of Patient Care – a well-trained and readily available nursing workforce is crucial to improving health outcomes for patients and the BCBSF Foundation will partner with others to study ways to address nurse workforce issues and quality and safety of care (involved since 2009)
- Improving Quality of Life – the BCBSF Foundation will partner in communities to improve human and social services; community development and diversity; education and literacy; arts and culture; and disaster preparedness and relief
- Improving the Health Care System – through the annual Sapphire Award, recognize and reward excellence and best practices in the health care system (created in 2005)
- Since 2001, BCBSF Foundation has presented nearly 300 grants and awards totaling more than $18 million, touching more than one million lives in Florida
Welcome to the future of healthcare – Florida Blue. We’re a health solutions company with a truly progressive approach to our business and our careers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll enjoy a valuable and comprehensive benefits package that offers choice and flexibility, including the ability to work remotely for select positions.
A career at Florida Blue is all about finding the best solutions in the pursuit of health, not only for ourselves, but also for our families, neighbors and communities. That’s why we’re constantly seeking individuals with new ideas and fresh perspectives—people who share our passion and want to be partners in this pursuit.
In your role as a 215-Licensed Sales Center Representative, you’ll be the voice of a team Floridians know and trust, building relationships and delivering unmatched customer care. You’ll provide customers with health insurance and related products that best suit their current lifestyle. By making accurate product recommendations and assisting with the application process, we’re able to create the best overall experience possible for every customer.
You’ll also collaborate with Sales Leadership and BlueDirect Sales’ Senior Advisor to ensure we’re meeting the needs of our customers. By working together, we’re able to provide a more enriching and fulfilling experience at every level, every time. Join us! Together, we’re redefining the way people in Florida access affordable, quality health.
- Promote and facilitate APO enrollment and set-up
- Generate referral business and cultivate individual lead sources
- Maintain availability to support telephone/chat service levels and customer satisfaction
- Achieve or exceed sales quotas across product lines
- Listen and relate key information to comparable selling situations in order to apply appropriate responses and actions
- An active 215 License, or a combination of Health & Life licenses (such as 240 & 214)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a sales position
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to write and communicate effectively within multiple communication channels, including telephone and chat environments
- The ability to work on a flexible schedule
- Bilingual, including English and the ability to speak, read and write in Spanish
Florida Blue Photos
2 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Florida BluePros
This company foster development. Has great benefits. Has longevity and the administration of the company was very vigilant.Cons
The company is vastly changing and raking the employees over the coles. They have hired new CLOSERS to conquer and get rid of the fat in the company. Not the same company Far from it!!Advice to ManagementAdvice
Doesn't matter what my advice is the all are puppet masters they have no say so or control. If you don't agree with the majority you are suddenly an outcast are maybe displaced or moved to a task that is not a challenge.Doesn't RecommendNegative OutlookDisapproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Florida Blue in December 2014.Interview Details
I submitted my application online on a Sunday evening after seeing the job posted from Friday, received a phone call on Monday from a human resources manager. She proceeded to ask a few questions in regards to my resume, and then asked if I would be available for an interview the following day, Tuesday. I accepted and confirmed the time and the location, which she informed is the actual work address of the retail center. When I arrived the next day, 10 minutes before my scheduled time, I asked for the manager name I was given, the front desk person checked a list, and I was told to take a seat. After a few minutes, I was taken to a conference room, and waited for the manager to arrive. Two managers came in and introduced themselves to me as a human resources manager, and a sales manager or team leader.
I was asked a few questions about my resume, and was then asked some behavioural, or situational type questions (when did it seem you would not meet a goal, and what did you do or how did you react?), etc.
The sales team manager was very professional, conversational and easy going, and told me a bit about the workplace culture, and what to really expect as far as work hours (not a 9 to 5), and work schedules (could include Saturday and/or Sunday). I let them know I had nothing that would impede my being able to work flexible hours and schedules.
The human resource manager told me that I didn't really have any industry specific experience (insurance), even though my resume is impressive with sales experience, and that they had other candidates to interview and they would let me know. At that point, I realized my chances were somewhat diminished, but I told her that although I hadn't written up any policies yet, I had been appointed to an insurance agency and had met with several leads.
Received a system generated email on Friday that I had not been selected, in favor of another candidate that more specifically fit the job criteria. Very disappointed.Interview Questions
No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
- When was there a time when you may have been treated unfairly at your job and how did you react/do about it ? Answer Question