Driving your career.
GEICO is second-largest private passenger auto insurer in the U.S., thanks to their low rates, clever marketing and great service. As a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway -- led by renowned Warren Buffett -- GEICO offers new hires career advancement in a stable, supportive and rewarding environment.
As of 2014, GEICO operates 15 major offices, insures 12 million...
Mission: GEICO's seven operating principles help create a workplace in which their associates can thrive.
1. Respect, support and provide opportunity for all associates...
- At a Glance |
Government Employees Insurance Company. Puzzled, are you? Well, the name goes back to the beginnings of the company. Founder Leo Goodwin first targeted a customer base of U.S. government employees and military personnel. Today, the company has grown to provide insurance to a wide range of customers.
Just the Stats on GEICO
- Second-largest private passenger auto insurer in the U.S. (A.M. Best)
- One of the fastest-growing major auto insurers in America
- Employs more than 30,000 associates
- 12 million auto policyholders (and growing)
- GEICO insures more than 20 million vehicles
- Provides 24-hour service, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
The Berkshire Hathaway Connection
In 1996, GEICO became a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, led by Warren Buffett, one of the most successful investors of the 20th century. For the past several years, FORTUNE magazine has named Berkshire's property-casualty insurance operation the most admired in the country. Time Magazine named Warren Buffett one of the most influential people in the world in 2012.
Locations Across the Country*
- Tucson, Arizona
- San Diego, California
- Lakeland, Florida
- Macon, Georgia
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Coralville, Iowa
- Chevy Chase, Maryland (HQ)
- Marlton, New Jersey
- Buffalo, New York
- Woodbury, New York
- Dallas, Texas
- Houston, Texas
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- Virginia Beach, Virginiaa
- Seattle, Washington
* We also employ associates in auto damage and staff counsel field offices throughout the United States.
Our benefits package will help insure your future.
As a full-time GEICO associate, you'll be offered a Total Rewards Program that includes:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
- Performance-based promotions
- Career advancement and job stability
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training and mentoring programs
- Business casual dress
- Associate clubs and volunteer activities
- Flexible spending accounts
- Family scholarships for associates' children
- On-site fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate auto insurance discounts (where applicable)
- And more!
Driving your career. Insuring your future.
This is the employer's chance to tell you why you should work for them. The information provided is from their perspective.
Employees say it's “OK” 830 ratings
80% of the CEO 592 ratings
Olza (Tony) Nicely
Chairman and CEO
Current Auto Damage Adjuster
Pros: As an Auto Damage Adjuster with GEICO, I've discovered the following pros:
- First and foremost, working as an Auto Damage Adjuster is the BEST entry-level job at GEICO by far. Most of the bad reviews I see on this site for this company are related… – Full Review
|Salaries in USD||Avg. Salary|| |
74 GEICO Salaries
43 GEICO Salaries
43 GEICO Salaries
= Salary Range
= Anonymous Salary Range
Accepted Offer – Reviewed last week New
Interview Details – Multi-level interview. Consists of numerous tests and evaluations, such as a timed typing assessment (easy) which measures multi-tasking, a test that gauges how rule-oriented you are, and a simulation of upselling to a customer. Be prepared to mention every leadership opportunity you ever had and… – Full Interview
Provide a specific scenario where you received negative feedback and how it was utilized to better yourself. – Answer Question