“Professional company with high standards, diverse client base and increased cross business unit selling ”
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at GVA Grimley full-time (more than 5 years)Pros
Busy, rewarding working environment. New challenges and opportunities daily supported by some forward thinking senior directors.Cons
Stressful due to unrealistic workloads.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Communicate with all stakeholders prior to client pitches to ensure alignment and to enable high standard delivery.RecommendsPositive OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at GVA Grimley in January 2010.Interview Details
I originally applied online for their graduate scheme and was called back the same day and offered an interview.
The interview was held with an HR Manager and the Director of the department in which I was to be placed.
The interview consisted of background questions;
- Why a career in property
- Related work experience
Job related questions
- Brush up on development appraisals, how would you break back to a land value figure to make an offer given a development final figure.
- Market knowledge, how is the market? What is stopping transactions at the moment?
- How do you keep up with what is happening in the market?
- Deals done by the company, what do you know about them?
- What do you know about the company?
- What % would a developer take as profit on a typical project?Interview QuestionsNegotiation DetailsI think in a market that we are in at the moment, and especially given that this is a graduate role, you NEED to stress that the money is not the motivator, the excellent training available within a large corporate company with dedicated advisers needs to be top of your list.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
GVA Grimley is the go-to guy for UK property advice. The firm provides property consultancy services to owners, tenants, developers, investors, lenders, and landowners through a network of more than a dozen offices located throughout the UK. Acquisitions, sales and development, building consultancy, corporate occupier services, and investment advice are just a few offerings among its array of services aimed at both public- and private-sector clients. Its client roster has included the likes of BHP Billiton, Ernst & Young, and the Royal Bank of Scotland Group. GVA Grimley...