- Gartner update21 days ago
NEW Gartner careers blog post: Meet Erica - Employee Highlight http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIfEH
- Gartner update28 days ago
Need a little #MondayInspiration? Watch this video clip of Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple, interviewed at #GartnerSym http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIfdS
Your Thinking Matters
Make Your Voice Heard
At Gartner, what you say matters — not just to us, but to our 60,000 clients worldwide. Together, our associates deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day.
We are the most influential voice in technology today, helping the world's most successful IT and business leaders make critical strategic and investment decisions. 65% of the Fortune 1000 and 80% of the Global 500 support their key technology decisions with Gartner insight.
As part of our global team, you'll be challenged each day to cut through the complex world of IT and deliver unbiased insight. You'll work in an exciting, fast-moving environment that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. And you'll be part of a culture that demands hard work — and rewards it with highly competitive salaries and benefits.
Gartner is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the indispensable partner to 60,000 clients in 10,000 distinct organizations.
Through the resources of Gartner Research, Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with our clients to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual roles.
To understand our business a little better—and determine if you’d like to join our global workforce—we invite you to look back at our history and examine the additional corporate information provided below.
When Gartner was founded in 1979, we didn’t know information technology would become part of every business process. We did know businesses then, as now, need expert insight from a trustworthy, objective source. And right from the start, we delivered the informed, impartial and actionable insight clients needed.
Gartner continues to grow and evolve to meet new IT challenges. What never changes is our commitment to providing the technology-related insight our clients need to make the right decisions, every day.
Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., U.S.A., and has 4,000 associates, including 1,200 research analysts and consultants in 80 countries. Our business is organized around four competencies:
- Gartner Research
- Gartner Executive Programs provides 3,600 CIOs and IT executives with customized advice and peer exchange opportunities; includes Gartner EXP, the world's largest CIO community.
- Gartner Consulting is the leading independent consultancy at the intersection of business and technology.
- Gartner Events is the world's leading IT conference provider.
What’s it like to work at Gartner? In a word: exciting. Imagine being part of the world’s leading IT research and advisory firm—a global team that works at the cutting edge of new IT solutions and technologies. A team that enhances the performance of businesses around the world.
Work at Gartner, and you’ll be surrounded by associates just like you: strong, intellectually inquisitive, driven and independent people who recognize the power and possibilities of IT. You’ll be challenged every day in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment that demands the best from the brightest minds in the industry.
Of course, great work merits great rewards. And Gartner rewards every associate with industry-leading salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes support for balancing the demands of work and home life. In addition, Gartner is constantly expanding and provides opportunities for career development and advancement in our offices around the world.
The world’s leading businesses depend on Gartner for unique and unbiased technology-related insight and advice. And we depend on you—because we know our information is only as good as the people behind it.
Our diverse global team combines expert knowledge of information technology with a passion for delivering informed and actionable insight to clients around the world. Independent, incisive and intelligent, our associates share a commitment to making a difference in the evolving IT landscape.
To appreciate the culture of Gartner, imagine the daily experiences of our associates.
Each day, they explore the complex and evolving world of information technology. They work with and for the world’s leading businesses. They trade ideas with driven, insightful co-workers. And they are led by managers who provide freedom to structure each day—and support to advance quickly to senior-level positions.
- Global Influence - Ours is truly a global effort. From offices in 80 countries, our 4,000 associates serve 10,000 client organizations worldwide. Through regional and global teams, our associates cross borders to work with—and learn from—clients and colleagues from remarkably diverse cultural, educational and geographic backgrounds.
- Service Excellence - Unlike other technology and service providers, Gartner offers independent, unbiased insight to the world’s leading businesses. Everything we do is filtered through a focus on our clients: What is it they need? How can they benefit from what we offer? The creation of our new Client Relationship Organization highlights our commitment to service excellence, but it is just one indication of an enterprisewide commitment to independent thought and integrity. It’s a commitment that sets Gartner apart.
- Development Opportunities - At Gartner, development is part of the job. Our associates learn every day through interactions with people at the top of their field—people who share a passion for challenging conventional thought and exploring new ideas.
Of course, we also provide structured training and career development programs. And perhaps most importantly, we offer a rapidly expanding global network in which we continually promote existing associates and hire new ones.
At Gartner, we believe diversity is fundamental to our role as a global leader. Our diversity enables us to better understand and serve our thousands of clients worldwide. And our differences—in backgrounds, cultures and abilities—drive the independent thought and global insight that make us the world’s leading IT research and advisory firm.
- A Better Way of Doing Business - Diversity enables us to cross borders, both physical and cultural, and deepen our client relationships. With our varied perspectives, we are more open to possibilities, more responsive to ideas and more capable of delivering innovative solutions to the complex challenges posed by our clients around the globe. Our workplace diversity also brings out the best in our associates because our personal and professional differences make Gartner a more vibrant and interesting place to work. We attract and retain associates who possess wide-ranging skills and experiences—people who thrive in the intellectually stimulating and ever-changing IT industry.
- A Future Built on Diversity - We believe in continually enhancing the diversity of our workforce. To this end, we regularly review our recruiting practices, and actively embrace and encourage qualified applicants of all backgrounds to join us, without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.
If you’re looking for an open and inclusive corporate culture, where diversity—in ideas and in individuals—is sought out, embraced and rewarded, Gartner may be right for you.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Gartner is a rapidly growing global organization, with 4,000 associates serving 60,000 clients around the world. And career opportunities at Gartner are expanding right along with our business.
Whether you want to conduct research, consult with clients or coordinate events, we have opportunities available at all levels and in every corner of the globe.
Gartner offers a wide variety of career opportunities in these areas:
• Client Relationship Organization
• End-User Programs
• Executive Programs
• High-Tech & Telecom Programs
• Human Resources
• Law & Compliance
• Strategic Technology Group
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Gartner full-time (less than a year)Pros
Very young team with lots of growth.Cons
Competition is fierce. Better be the best where you're from.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Careful not to grow too fast or the things that make it a great company will get watered down.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Gartner.Interview Details
Very long and tedious process. They are looking for a certain type of person. First stage is a phone screen with a recruiter. Next is a call with two managers including a role play. If you make it through that they bring you in for an in-person panel interview followed by a role play. Overly prepare for the role play this seems to be the deciding factor in the process. They want to see what types of questions you ask and when you ask them.Interview Questions
No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- I was asked why I was asking certain questions. Answer Question
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in over 9,000 distinct enterprises worldwide. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and...