- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Great Canadian Gaming full-time (More than a year)RecommendsPositive OutlookRecommendsPositive Outlook
flexible working hours, great team members good benefits, ,
40 hour work week, lots of overtime
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Great Canadian Gaming (Coquitlam, BC (Canada)) in November 2014.
Interview process was relatively smooth. Interview was done with a panel of 3 people which were an HR Coordinator, Controller, and General Manager.
The interview questions were a good mix of behavioral and technical. The questions were very scripted, felt as if the interview was very robotic and one way. Each interviewer had 3 pages of questions to ask and seemed like they didn't understand the questions themselves.
Would recommend the interview panel do more practice interviews or have a customized list of questions. Would also suggest to not stick too closely to the scripted questions as the interview felt too one-way.
- How would you handle a multitude of tasks with short deadlines? Answer Question
- If your manager told you to do something and you had a better and more efficient way of handling it, how would you proceed ? Answer Question
- How would you handle a conflict situation with someone who reported to you? Answer Question
- Give me an example of when you found a variance or error that lead to the company in saving money or correction to reporting ? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Had a competing offer from another firm which had a better compensation package for the same type of role.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Great Canadians like to gamble, and great Americans do, too. Great Canadian Gaming has about ten casino operations in Canada (British Columbia, Ontario, and Nova Scotia) and Washington state. The properties offer slot machines and/or table games such as blackjack, poker, and roulette. In addition, the company owns and operates one thoroughbred racetrack, four standardbred racetracks, a bingo hall, a community gaming center, several restaurants, two theaters, and a hotel and conference center. Its flagship property, the River Rock Casino Resort, is the leading casino resort...