- To provide personalized, humanistic, consumer-driven healthcare in a healing environment.
- To empower individuals to be actively involved in decisions affecting their care and well-being through access to information and education.
- To provide leadership to improve the health of the community served.
ValuesQuality and Service
- Providing access to information for patients, families and the community on the nature, diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions including the full range of traditional and non-traditional therapies.
- Facilitating patients to be informed participants in decisions affecting their care and well- being.
- Exceeding the service expectations of patients, families, physicians and other health care providers.
- Measuring, monitoring and reporting performance against service and quality standards bench-marked to the best community hospitals.
Respect and Dignity
- Embracing patients and families as partners in the care process.
- Treating all people with compassion.
- Attending to the mind and the spirit as well as the body.
- Preserving privacy and confidentiality.
- Valuing positive relationships among members of the Griffin Hospital family and fostering an environment of mutual respect and support.
- Building and sustaining collaborative working relationships within Griffin Hospital and between Griffin Hospital, other providers and community agencies.
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Encouraging and recognizing performance leading to the development of "value added" programs and services and improvements in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Achieving high productivity by efficient use of resources including people's time.
- Remaining true to the mission by allocating resources to purposes directly supportive of the mission.
- Being accountable for use of resources at all levels of the organization.
At Griffin Hospital, every employee is a caregiver and every employee makes a difference. We understand that employee satisfaction leads to patient satisfaction. Our culture of teamwork, professionalism, and respect makes Griffin Hospital a place where both patients and employees want to be.
Griffin Hospital was named to FORTUNE Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work for in America list for ten consecutive years and our management team has been nationally recognized for listening and responding to employee feedback.Employee Benefits & Programs
Some of the programs and benefits offered to Griffin Hospital employees are:
- Medical Insurance provided through Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Dental Insurance provided through Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Flexible Spending Accounts provided through Total Benefits Administration, LLC
- Employee Health & Wellness Programs
- Fitness center
- Group exercise programs
- Free chair massages & discounted full-body massages
- Meditation/relaxation sessions
- Engagement Health Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan provided through Diversified Investment Advisors
- Term Life Insurance Coverage
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance provided through Aflac
- On-site McKesson Federal Credit Union Office
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Time
- Discounts from local businesses
- On-site Dining Room with Discount
- Free Parking
- New Employee Orientation Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Retreats
- Employee & Department Recognition
- Service Recognition
- Dare to Care Personal Growth and Motivational Program
- Success Rewards Quarterly Bonus
- On-site Retail Pharmacy
Helpful (1)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Great experiences. Got exposure to every part of HR and had major responsibilities. Smaller group of people so that there was more work for each individual
I can not think of any.
Advice to Management
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Griffin Hospital (Derby, CT) in February 2015.
Typical interview with HR, for a low-wage job expect you to have a Bachelors, and tech savy. In this economy companies have again gone back to depression era criteria- to get a job as a sanitation worker you need to have a Masters. They will not fill their positions. When will they understand that?
- What are your weaknesses? Answer Question
Although it doesn't have wings, Griffin Hospital is still a fabulous organization. The not-for-profit hospital and subsidiary of Griffin Health Services Corporation operates a 160-bed hospital in Connecticut's Naugatuck Valley. Its specialties include an inpatient psychiatric unit, a cancer care center, and a prevention research center operated with Yale. As an ...
Mission: To provide personalized, humanistic, consumer-driven healthcare in a healing environment. To empower individuals to be actively involved in decisions affecting their care and well-being through access to information and education. To provide leadership to improve the health of the community served.