When a Modesto police officer found digital evidence showing how Scott Peterson mapped out his wife Laci's murder, Guidance Software was there. When French police uncovered incriminating e-mails from terrorist "Shoe Bomber" Richard Reid, Guidance Software was there. When Sony needed security experts to investigate the Playstation hack in 2011, Guidance Software was there.
We've cracked some of the biggest cases in recent history (and many with profiles so high that we can't talk about them publicly). From the scenes of cyber-attacks to federal investigations, Guidance Software is there. Want to help make digital history? Apply now, and maybe next time… you can be there.
Investigate Guidance Software
What We Do
You'll find us and our software in a variety of scenes 24/7, from criminal courtrooms to corporate litigation meetings, from security investigations on the front lines of cyber-attacks to tracking insider espionage at three-letter agencies.
- Our products include EnCase® software and Tableau™ forensic hardware, which are industry-leading investigation products for digital investigations.
- EnCase software is also used for e-discovery, security incident detection and response, and forensic analysis.
- EnCase has been deployed on an estimated 22 million endpoints and is used by more than 65 of the Fortune 100, as well as numerous government agencies worldwide.
- Our training division trains over 6000 corporate, law-enforcement, and government professionals each year.
Who We Are
- Over 400 people worldwide from every walk of life
- Inventors – Guidance Software currently holds 21 patents (and 15 patents pending)
- Educators – We've trained over 50,000 investigative, security, and legal professionals to date
- Security pros – Working on the front lines of cybersecurity around the globe
- Sales and marketing evangelists – Spreading the word and telling our success stories
- Coders – Bringing the big ideas to life, a line at a time
- Finance, HR, Production, Project Managers – Funding progress, shipping product, building teams, enabling results
Where We Work
Our headquarters is in Pasadena, California:
- Five minutes from the Rose Bowl and Old Town
- 20 minutes from Staples Center
- A short drive to live music in Hollywood or Universal Studios in Burbank
- A couple of hours from skiing at Mountain High or Big Bear
- About 40 minutes from the beach on weekends
- Stunning view of palm trees and the San Gabriel Mountains from our lunchroom balcony and many of our desktops
- Offices in cultural and business hotspots around the world, including London, Paris, and Singapore
Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Guidance Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. If you are talented, ethical, hard-working, and available, we want to work with you!
Founded in 1997, Guidance Software is recognized globally as the world leader in security, legal, and digital investigations.
Our EnCase® software provides the foundation for corporate, government, and law enforcement organizations to conduct thorough and effective computer investigations of any kind, including intellectual property theft, incident response, compliance auditing and responding to e-discovery requests-all while maintaining the forensic integrity of the data.
We also offer customized services in e-discovery, incident response, computer forensics, evidence presentation and trial testimony, using a team of former law enforcement professionals, e-discovery and litigation support experts, information assurance specialists and project managers who have front-line, hands-on experience in all areas of digital investigations.
Guidance Software trains more than 6,000 corporate, law enforcement and government professionals annually in the areas of computer forensics, enterprise forensics, e-discovery, and computer incident response. Courses and materials are offered in a variety of languages in Guidance Software facilities worldwide, through partners and online.
Our customers are corporations and government agencies in a wide variety of industries, such as financial and insurance, technology, defense, energy, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and retail.
There are more than 40,000 licenses of EnCase® technology worldwide. The EnCase Enterprise platform is used by more than half of the Fortune 100, including Allstate, Chevron, Ford, General Electric, Honeywell, Northrop Grumman, Pfizer, UnitedHealth Group and Viacom.
WORLD LEADER IN DIGITAL INVESTIGATIONS™
Guidance Software is recognized worldwide as the industry leader in digital investigative solutions. Our EnCase® Enterprise platform is used by numerous government agencies, more than 70 percent of the Fortune 100, and more than 45 percent of the Fortune 500, to conduct digital investigations of servers, laptops, desktops and mobile devices.
Built on the EnCase Enterprise platform are market-leading electronic discovery and cybersecurity solutions, EnCase eDiscovery, EnCase Cybersecurity, and EnCase Analytics. They empower organizations to respond to litigation discovery requests, perform sensitive data discovery for compliance purposes, conduct speedy and thorough security incident response, and reveal previously hidden advanced persistent threats or malicious insider activity.
Our services include incident response, computer forensics, and litigation support, provided by experts with hands-on experience in digital investigation. Each year we also train over 6,000 corporate, law enforcement, and government professionals in digital forensics, e-discovery, security, and incident response. You can trust EnCase and Guidance Software to solve your cybersecurity, e-discovery, and digital investigations challenges!
Companies and careers rise and fall on the accessibility and security of data. So for finding everything from crime-scene smartphone logs to personally identifying data on remote endpoints to a smoking-gun email located deep within the Exchange server, you can rely on EnCase products from Guidance Software. EnCase products are the must-have tools for skilled professionals finding and protecting critical information around the globe.
Guidance Software Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Guidance Software as a contractor (Less than a year)RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Everyone at the company is great! The corporate culture is very relaxed and you feel like you're always part of a team.
Personally, this doesn't apply to me at the moment
Advice to Management
Continue to hire great people
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Guidance Software (Pasadena, CA) in April 2015.
Phone interview briefly assessing technical / programming knowledge. Face to face interview consisted of 2 programming tasks in C++ or C# while under the watch of a senior manager and QA director.
- How do you handle conflict in an agile team? Answer Question