HBK seeks to hire individuals with a demonstrated track record of excellence. The firm has an open, entrepreneurial atmosphere that rewards individual as well as group contribution. Exceptional people have been central to the firm's success and we strive to have the best and brightest personnel in all areas of our organization.
HBK is an equal opportunity employer and has attracted a diverse group of individuals. The firm is committed to making sure that all of its employees have an opportunity to succeed, regardless of their background. It is HBK's policy to give equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, sex, age, or disability. This same policy applies to advancement, pay, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
HBK is seeking world-class individuals to join our technology, trading, analysis, and financial teams. Candidates come from a wide range of educational backgrounds, including economics, computer science, and mathematics. All successful candidates will possess a track record of academic excellence as well as:
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- A strong interest in the financial markets
HBK is always looking for outstanding individuals, whether they are recent college graduates or experienced professionals.
HBK Capital Management Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at HBK Capital Management full-time for more than 5 yearsPros
- worked with really smart people
- small company work environment with big company pockets
- great benefits : healthcare + free breakfast/lunch/snacks/drinks/beer (on fridays)
- suprising number of staff have been here longer than +5 years
- great work life balance ... especially when compared to working IB in a place like NYCCons
- career growth is not via titles/positions but in expanded responsibility and increased pay (in case you're someone who likes to get new shiny titles every year, this place might not be for you)
- gained 10 pounds in my first year thanks to all the free food ... caveat emptor!Advice to ManagementAdvice
- might be interesting to shake things up some and let (technology) staff spend 6 month 'embeds' in alternate teams to promote more cross pollination between teams.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online - interviewed at HBK Capital Management.Interview Details
Applied the position through university career center system. Got response from HR in about one week and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview process lasted about 40 minutes. Asked about basic c++ questions, projects on the resume and one algorithm questions. The coding question is find two elements in an array which sum equals to a target number.Interview Questions
- I mainly use Java, not very familiar with c++. Therefore, no doing well in c++ part. And I think that's why they turned me down. Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
HBK Capital Management is an alternative investment firm currently managing approximately $8 billion in assets. The firm was founded in 1991 and employs approximately 200 individuals in Dallas, New York, London, and Charlottesville. Among the top-rated and longest-tenured hedge funds in the world, we have a refreshingly transparent and team-focused culture, low turnover, and a fun work environment. Come see for yourself!