What We Do, Where You'll Fit
In the coming decades, energy resources will become increasingly difficult to find and access. As one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry, Halliburton serves the life cycle of the well.
Using the latest geological technologies, we create data that help our customers locate oil and natural gas. When hydrocarbons are located, we provide solutions to determine if oil and gas can be produced. If a well is determined to be viable, we begin production and throughout the life of the field, we help ensure that our customers get optimal production rates. To prevent and respond to emergencies, customers call Halliburton for premier well intervention, pressure control, and pipeline and process services.
Halliburton's team of professionals around the globe provide these services to help our customers meet the world's demand for energy, while maintaining the highest standards of environmental safety.
Whether you're a new graduate, newly qualified or an experienced professional, we have fantastic career opportunities across our organization.
The Halliburton red coveralls tell customers they are working with the industry's best-trained professionals. They know that Halliburton people will go beyond customers' expectations, beyond our own achievements and even beyond what appears to be possible.
How do they know? Because, for 86 years, one customer at a time, one reservoir at a time, Halliburton has been doing it. No matter how large the customer or how complex the project, we deliver the smartest, safest and most innovative technologies and solutions to deliver the reservoir on every job.
To build that kind of reputation, it takes the right people and the right technologies. That's Halliburton.
We hire the best and provide world-class training that makes them even better.
Those skilled employees develop the solutions that consistently have a powerful impact on the industry, and we deliver our innovative technologies to our customers around the globe.
Our competitive compensation and savings plans, coupled with a diverse array of health and work-life benefits, help us to attract the best employees in the business. We offer compensation and benefits plans that enable our employees to:
- Meet financial obligations
- Prepare for retirement
- Maintain health and wellness
- Balance the demands of work and home.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package designed to help meet your needs today and help you and your family plan for the future. Though the packages vary according to location and applicable country laws, our commitment to providing you and your family this protection and peace of mind remains the same.
Depending on location and eligibility, packages can include market-aligned salaries, retirement and savings plans, an employee stock-purchase plan, comprehensive health benefits, and income protection programs such as life, disability and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
With our benefits program that promotes work-life balance (including holidays, leave-of-absence policies and vacation opportunities), we help you get the time you need to enjoy life outside of work. Our wellness program promotes the health and well-being of our employees and their families.
Great Minds Don't Always Think Alike.
To understand Halliburton’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, you need only look around at our vast global community. The Halliburton community spans more than 80 countries. We have more than 60,000 employees comprising 120 different nationalities, a four- or five-decade range of experience levels, thousands of different combinations of educational backgrounds, all races, male and female.
Our Company represents diversity on a global scale, and maintaining a diverse workforce is an integral part of our long-term business plan.
You see, we believe that the most productive team is one that is able to maximize business success by ensuring that the unique contributions of all members are included in the process of finding the best solutions.
That’s why, at Halliburton, no matter who you are, or what you look like, you will be given the opportunity to have your voice heard – and the opportunity to succeed. At Halliburton, we understand that diversity matters, because great minds don’t always think alike.
Got an interview coming up? Set yourself up for success by being prepared, self-assured and knowledgeable. These tips can get you going in the right direction.
- Arrive early to the interview.
- Arrive prepared with a hard copy of your resume/CV and your transcript (unofficial is fine).
- Visit Halliburton.com beforehand so you understand the business.
- Find recent press releases on Halliburton.com so you'll know the latest news about the Company.
- Be confident.
- If interviewing on campus, make sure to attend the Company's information session (if available). This gives you more time to shine during the interview rather than asking questions that were already answered in the Company presentation.
- Be ready to distinguish yourself from the rest of the students who have your same major and graduation date and who are interviewing for the same position.
- Avoid nervous mannerisms throughout the interview, stay focused, be a good listener and speak clearly and confidently.
- Be prepared to ask a few questions. We do a good job at our information sessions, but you must have one or two questions left unanswered.
- If you describe an attribute of yours that is relevant to the position, be prepared to support your claim with examples that illustrate your attribute and how you have applied it successfully. Feel free to draw from your past work experience, course work or projects, even student organization or volunteer opportunities.
- When presented with a difficult question, take a moment to develop your response rather than blurting out inconsistent, unorganized thoughts.
- Ask for a business card so you can follow up with the recruiter in case you do not hear back within the stated time frame.
- After the interview, send the recruiter a thank-you note reinforcing your interest in the position and your appreciation for his or her time.
- Above all else, be honest and be yourself.
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I worked at Halliburton as an intern for less than a yearPros
Excellent working condition and great managementCons
I really cannot point to the challengesRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in May 2014.Interview Details
Met the hiring manager at the college career fair, my resume was accepted because I had the skill sets the manager was looking out for. Some few months after, I got a call for a phone interview and after that came the offerInterview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Nothing technical really, mostly my style and behavioral qualities Answer Question
One of the largest oilfield services companies in the world, Halliburton serves the upstream oil and gas industry in 80 countries with a complete range of services, from the location of hydrocarbons to the production of oil and gas. It operates in two segments: Drilling and Evaluation and Completion and Production. Services include providing production optimization, drilling evaluation, fluid services, and oilfield drilling software and consulting. It combines tried-and-true well drilling and optimization techniques with high-tech analysis and modeling software and...