- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Home Instead Senior Care full-time for more than 3 yearsPros
- The wealth of knowledge in the elder care field you obtain if you're interested in social work or any field related to bettering the lives of seniors
- The experience you gain in relationship building
- The fast acting problem solving skills you acquireCons
- Salary job plus commission based off monthly or yearly sales, you may be working the most overtime when your check is the lowest.
- Small, but continuous lack of respect from clients and CAREGivers due to issues outside of your control (you become the trusted point of contact while client's caseworkers and other who assist at client's homes do not follow through on their obligations).
- Time off is hard to come by if you're in a smaller office and business is doing well. Life/Work Balance = Not Good At All.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Support your franchise owners more than offering them a leadership contact after initial setup. While I have to say anyone from the corporate office that I've met has been extremely professional and knowledgeable, there should be more grassroots support than there is. Personally hearing advice from Omaha beyond our internal franchise site would be extremely encouraging sometimes, even as a Staff Coordinator.Neutral OutlookNo opinion of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Home Instead Senior Care in September 2014.Interview Details
I was called for an interview within a week of submitting an application. Before my interview I was called again by someone trying to set up an interview. I went in and was given several forms to fill out. The interviewer then came in and asked me about questions concerning my ability to care for other your average interview questions about reliability etc. I was hired on the spot and did a drug test and scheduled for orientation. Orientation is only on Wednesday and Thursday from 8-4 making it very inconvenient if your a students who take classes during the day like me. The first day is all about the policies and procedures. The second day and Lpn comes in and teaches us about taking care of the clients.Also on the second day the scheduling team comes in and start to set up shifts if you have open availability or can do overnights you will most likely leave with shifts.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
- My previous job was working as a grader for my university and they asked how the skills I learned at that job could help me as a caregiver. Answer Question
Since 1994, the Home Instead Senior Care® franchise network has been devoted to providing the highest-quality senior home care. Compassionate Home Instead CAREGiversSM are an invaluable resource in helping families eliminate worry, reduce stress and reestablish personal freedom. From Alzheimer's and dementia support to respite care and companionship, our more than 900 locally...
Mission: Home Instead Senior Care's mission is to enhance the lives of seniors and their families.