Horizon Software International is an innovative leader in technology for food service operations and online payments, offering scalable solutions capable of meeting the needs and budget of any operation.
We offer comprehensive, integrated front-of-house and back-of-house food service solutions, and online payment and registration systems for school fees, activities, school-age childcare, and more.
Horizon prides itself on being the only provider that can offer such a broad portfolio of solutions designed to improve our customers’ programs, control costs, and help them increase parent and customer satisfaction. We incorporate best practices, refined over decades of experience, to strengthen and streamline our customers’ operations.
Founded in 1992, Horizon began developing software for inventory management, order processing, menu planning and production systems for schools, as there was a strong need in the market for an automated solution where none existed. Solutions for central warehouse, central kitchen, and USDA commodity management were added soon after. Point of Sale was added to our offerings in 1997 to meet the demands of our customers, who wanted a POS system as successful as their back of house was, and wanted one provider for all their technology needs.
Fast forward to today…operating as a unit of Roper Industries, (ROP: NYSE), with sister food service technology companies such as CBORD and iTradeNetwork, Horizon is headquartered in Duluth, GA, and is a Microsoft Gold Independent Software Vendor. With products and services specialized for K-12 Schools, Senior Living Communities, Healthcare Facilities, and Corporate Dining, our systems are installed in over 11,000 sites across the United States and more than 2 million users take advantage of our technology.
Though many things have changed throughout the years, one thing hasn’t. Horizon is dedicated to offering the best products, providing the best service, and employing the best people in the industry.
Horizon is focused on delivering innovative products and services that solve problems for our valued customers. We believe that in order to do that, we have to have the right players on our team. We pride ourselves on hiring the brightest and best people who adhere to our core values and, consequently, Horizon has one of the lowest turnover rates in the industry.
These core values guide us in all that we do to achieve our mission, pursue our vision, and constantly do what is right for our customers, employees, and partners.
- We take pride in fostering an atmosphere of team spirit and camaraderie.
- We create a work environment filled with mutual support, cooperation, and respect.
- We work cooperatively towards a shared vision and recognize that teams accomplish more than individuals.
- We leverage individual strengths and diversities, respecting the value and contribution of each team member at Horizon.
- We encourage effective working relationships within and between departments and our customers/business partners to achieve valuable results.
- Each person embraces the ‘WE’ by working together leveraging each person’s strengths while valuing differences.
- Each person works collaboratively with others, giving their best effort to contribute to the desired goal, and is able to resolve conflicts with co-workers using effective influencing and negotiation skills.
Love What We Do
- Our passion inspires excellence in others. We believe a job is more than work.
- Our desire is to contribute in building a better Horizon and exceeding expectations.
- We approach our roles with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Can I Hear You Now
- Horizon employees believe that “we is smarter than me” so we seek to communicate.
- We believe that if a person takes the time to write us, we owe them the respect of reading and responding.
- Most importantly, the voice of our customers is the one we hear the loudest and clearest at Horizon.
Work Smarter Not Harder
- We believe continuous learning motivates us to work towards steadily improving our performance in all areas.
- The continuous learning and improvement process is an ongoing effort to improve products, services, or processes. These efforts can seek “incremental” improvement over time or “breakthrough” improvement all at once.
- We deliver “customer valued” processes that are constantly evaluated and improved in light of their efficiency, effectiveness and flexibility.
Sweat the Small Stuff
- We are empathetic to our customers’ needs and listen to what our customers want.
- We are proud of the service we provide and the problems we solve to create loyal, satisfied customers.
- We care and we get it done!
Be Phenomenal (Fun-omenal) People
- We are a group of people dedicated to working together with a shared sense of purpose in a spirit of enthusiasm and team pride to offer superior products and positive experiences for our customers, both internal and external.
- Can-do willingness stems from a passion to reach the highest level of personal performance.
Be Solution Seekers
- Creativity and innovation are not viewed as a single person’s job, but as part of Horizon’s core business.
- We have a long-term focus and dedication to adapt to and pursue new practices, processes, services and products that create added value for ourselves and our customers.
- We fully embrace the discovery of what is possible for our organization, even if it involves risk and failure.
Do Whatever it Takes
- We are proactive, set expectations and strive to exceed them.
- We are empowered to question status quo and committed to resolution.
- We effectively utilize resources; we ask for help and we provide help.
- We are willing to go above and beyond, even when it isn’t in our job description.
Do the Right Thing (even if nobody is watching)
- We regard integrity as the honesty and truthfulness or accuracy of one’s actions.
- We believe in the steadfast adherence to strict moral and ethical codes.
Horizon Software International, LLC is an industry-leading food service management technology company. The company’s state-of-the-art office is located in Duluth, Georgia, approximately 30 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta.
At Horizon, you will jumpstart your career with a growing, profitable software development company, offering more than just software solutions to its many clients around the world. Horizon firmly believes in Great People, Great Service, Great Products and Great Results. As a team member at Horizon, you are relied on to continually improve your operational areas and carry out the organization’s strategic initiatives.
The executive management team realizes its employees create the difference that makes Horizon a great company and a great place to work. As Horizon continues to grow, it will attract and retain the very best people possible. Come in and explore the opportunities that abound at Horizon. See what the company has to offer and how you, too, can flourish in the exciting atmosphere of a successful, growing business.
Horizon offers comprehensive food service solutions ranging from Point of Service to Back of the House management including inventory, procurement, menu planning, nutrition analysis, warehouse distribution and much more. Horizon’s product offerings provide clients with fully-customizable and scalable software solutions able to meet the needs and budget of any food service operation.
Horizon Software is a Non-Smoking/Drug-Free Workplace. EOE/MFVD
- 11 paid company holidays plus a floating holiday AND your birthday off
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, orthodontics included
- Company paid Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k Match and Stock Option
- Flexible work schedules
- JOEL Score-11
Horizon Software International Photos
3 people found this helpful
“A bumpy road full of highs and lows that have been exceptional learning and growing experiences for me in my career. ”
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Horizon Software International full-time for more than 5 yearsPros
CHANGE... while a lot of people steer away from and refuse to embrace it, I have learned at Horizon that embracing change is the pathway to growth and personal satisfaction. I am happy to drive to work every day knowing that change is on the Horizon... literally, and that there are great things in store for our future. We have to believe it in order to see it. Being positive and a true team player will steer you on the right path at Horizon!Cons
Negativity....with an entitlement mentality can sink any ship. Your destiny is up YOU and no one else. If you want to grow with a company, you need to be seen, heard and ready to take on additional challenges that will highlight your strengths. If you feel that this is no longer an option for you, then why be miserable and pass it along to others. If you feel unappreciated.. then appreciate someone else and wait for the boomerang.. it will come back around. Staying positive is one of the best attributes one can have to succeed... HONESTLY positive.. not phony or forged. Horizon is not the place to sit idle and coast from paycheck to paycheck... don't stew over a problem, present a solution.. and another and another..Advice to ManagementAdvice
Communication is key. Transparency of the company's current direction and decisions that affect them will keep the positive players on track to better understand what affects them personally, their team and the company as a whole. Knowledge is key.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
Horizon offers comprehensive food service solutions ranging from Point of Service to Back of the House management including inventory, procurement, menu planning, nutrition analysis, warehouse distribution and much more. Horizon’s product offerings provide clients with fully-customizable and scalable software solutions able to meet the needs and budget of any food service...
Mission: Though many things have changed throughout the years, one thing hasn’t. Horizon is dedicated to offering the best products, providing the best service, and employing the...