Hotels.com is one of the world’s leading accommodation booking websites offering customers a choice of more than 290,000 properties in hundreds of locations across the world.
Hotels.com’s industry leading loyalty program Welcome Rewards gives customers the chance to earn one free night for every 10 stayed, and the award-winning Hotels.com® mobile apps offer more than 20,000 last minute deals daily, meaning customers can find the right hotel for their needs wherever and whenever they need.
At Hotels.com, we believe in a work well, live well approach and offer benefits to meet your professional, personal, and family needs. Below are samples of some of the benefits offered to our U.S. employees.
- Check-Up Time: comprehensive medical, dental, vision, prescriptions, flexible spending accounts, onsite flu shots, life and AD&D plus disability insurance, and more.
- Down Time: paid vacation at 3 weeks your first year (going up to 5 weeks based on tenure), company holidays, and sick leave.
- Travel Time: reimbursements for leisure travel each year ($250-$750 USD, depending on tenure).
- Wellness time: annual fitness reimbursement, onsite health clinic in the Bellevue HQ, biometric screenings, lifestyle management coaching program, Expert Medial Opinion service (free second opinion on a medical treatment / diagnosis), online health and wellness tools and trackers, and much more.
- Investment Time: 401(k) savings plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, plus retirement education.
- Other Perks: tuition reimbursement, transportation benefits, pet insurance, matching charitable gift program, adoption assistance, employee assistance program, group legal program, new parent benefits, employee rewards and recognition, retail discounts, employee referral bonus program, company events / activities, and no stuffy dress codes.
At Hotels.com, our success is fueled by a shared belief that every individual can make an impact, bringing our talents together to accomplish amazing things. Whether it’s serving communities around the world as part of our Global Day of Caring, giving in-kind consulting advice to help a charitable organization thrive, or providing grants to philanthropic initiatives worldwide, we believe in people helping people to make a difference.
Giving @ Work
Our commitment to giving back in our communities is a direct reflection of the interests and passions of our more than 14,000 employees worldwide. Read our virtual Giving Report to learn more about our giving efforts.
Our Giving Philosophy
- Corporate Charitable Partners
As a global company we are committed to supporting the life-changing work of organizations around the world like St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Free the Children through direct grants, in-kind donations, and giving campaigns.
- Matching Gift Program
Employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations are matched 1:1 up to $4,000 USD each year. In addition, employees that volunteer their time can have $15 USD per hour donated to a non-profit organization (up to $1,000 USD of their matching gifts benefit).
- Employee Volunteerism
Our employees are passionate volunteers, giving their time and talents to organizations that reflect their interests, as well as community needs. In addition, our annual Global Day of Caring event held in September provides an opportunity for employees worldwide to put work aside for a day, gathering with colleagues to make a tangible impact for local charities.
- Community Grants
Throughout the year, we provide special financial grants to a variety of charitable organizations to help deliver programs in the local communities where we have employees.
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Hotels.com full-time (more than 3 years)Pros
Global company with solid benefits and good work environment that encourages ideas and allows one to impact change.Cons
Difficult to advance vertically from same role... opportunities are more available upon lateral movement to other roles.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Hotels.com.Interview Details
The initial communication was good. However, beware because you will be given a case study with long division and other items which have absolutely nothing to do with SEM. I interviewed with a Director who had no SEM experience past the summer of 2013. The interview process is longInterview Questions
No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
- Review a brief business case and do the math in your head. Answer Question
Hotels.com L.P. operates Hotels.com, a leading online accommodation booking website with approximately 435,000 properties around the world, ranging from international chains and all-inclusive resorts to local favorites and bed & breakfasts, together with all the information needed to book the perfect stay. Special apps for mobile phones and tablets can also be downloaded enabling customers to book on the go with access to 20,000 last minute deals.
Hotels.com operates more than 85 sites, the majority of which are in localized languages, and serves travelers in more than...