Hotwire is a small brand that’s known for thinking outside the box; we have a scrappy work ethic and a get-it-done attitude. Hotwire has always been ahead of the times. When we started out in 2000, we were immediately recognized as different. We were the first in the travel industry to operate with an opaque model and our site was the most technically advanced. So we have lots of freedom to try new things, build new tools. We’re also focused on technological advances that most meaningful in an increasingly mobile digital world and helping travelers get exactly where they want to be. We have the responsibility to innovate, be leading-edge, early to create and integrate new technology. We’re nimble, agile, always thinking on our toes. Our roots are in San Francisco, the #1 or #2 ranked tourist destination in the US for the last decade and the center of the technology universe. Our sister office is in Seattle, the 9th highest ranked US tourist destination and also a hub of innovation.
We’re also truly a collection of travel geeks. We love to go places, we love to explore. We love to learn. We love finding out about places and we like to share that. That’s why we all work here—to share travel information with other enthusiastic travelers.
And finally, we have lots of fun along the way. It took just took two employees challenging each other to kick off our epic annual bowling competition. Check us out!
There are numerous benefits of working at Hotwire:
- The energy of a startup, with the funding of an industry leader
- Knowing the names of your fellow employees
- The ability to enjoy more of your own life-enriching travel stories
Corporate Citizenship Program
At Hotwire, our success is fueled by a shared belief that every individual can make an impact, bringing our talents together to accomplish amazing things. Whether it’s serving communities around the world as part of our Global Day of Caring, giving in-kind consulting advice to help a charitable organization thrive, or providing grants to philanthropic initiatives worldwide, we believe in people helping people to make a difference.
Giving @ Work
Our commitment to giving back in our communities is a direct reflection of the interests and passions of our more than 14,000 employees worldwide. Read our virtual Giving Report to learn more about our giving efforts.
Our Giving Philosophy
- Corporate Charitable Partners
As a global company we are committed to supporting the life-changing work of organizations around the world like St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Free the Children through direct grants, in-kind donations, and giving campaigns.
- Matching Gift Program
Employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations are matched 1:1 up to $4,000 USD each year. In addition, employees that volunteer their time can have $15 USD per hour donated to a non-profit organization (up to $1,000 USD of their matching gifts benefit).
- Employee Volunteerism
Our employees are passionate volunteers, giving their time and talents to organizations that reflect their interests, as well as community needs. In addition, our annual Global Day of Caring event held in September provides an opportunity for employees worldwide to put work aside for a day, gathering with colleagues to make a tangible impact for local charities.
- Community Grants
Throughout the year, we provide special financial grants to a variety of charitable organizations to help deliver programs in the local communities where we have employees.
At Hotwire. we believe in a work well, live well approach and offer benefits to meet your professional, personal, and family needs. Below are samples of some of the benefits offered to our U.S. employees.
- Check-Up Time: comprehensive medical, dental, vision, prescriptions, flexible spending accounts, onsite flu shots, life and AD&D plus disability insurance, and more.
- Down Time: paid vacation at 3 weeks your first year (going up to 5 weeks based on tenure), company holidays, and sick leave.
- Travel Time: reimbursements for leisure travel each year ($250-$750 USD, depending on tenure).
- Wellness time: annual fitness reimbursement, onsite health clinic in the Bellevue HQ, biometric screenings, lifestyle management coaching program, Expert Medial Opinion service (free second opinion on a medical treatment / diagnosis), online health and wellness tools and trackers, and much more.
- Investment Time: 401(k) savings plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, plus retirement education.
- Other Perks: tuition reimbursement, transportation benefits, pet insurance, matching charitable gift program, adoption assistance, employee assistance program, group legal program, new parent benefits, employee rewards and recognition, retail discounts, employee referral bonus program, company events / activities, and no stuffy dress codes.
Innovation, great product culture, incredible coworkers.
Speaking to speed, but current inability to move as fast as the team would like.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Hotwire.
Overall the interview process was very positive and quick. I was in consist contact with the recruiter and they were able to answer all my questions. I was interviewed by two Senior Managers, Senior Analyst and a Senior Manager for AP. Most of the questions were straight forward and were your basic interview questions. Everyone was really welcoming and friendly, which made the experience a lot of fun and not as stressful.
- Please create and manipulate a pivot table Answer Question
Hello. We’re Hotwire and we’re a company of travelers. We love providing great deals to enable fellow travelers to take slightly adventurous trips at the drop of a hat. We launched in 2000 with an innovative proposition: our Hot Rate® Hotels, Hot Rate® Cars and Hot Rate® Flights offer travelers deep discounts if they wait to learn the name of the hotel until after they book and pay for it. Last year, more than 200,000 people visited Hotwire.com every day. Hotwire, Inc. is an operating company within Expedia, Inc. For more information, visit http://www.hotwire.com ...
Work at Hotwire? Share Your Experiences
- Hotwire update30+ days ago
This weekend Hotwire was proud to take part in the 45th annual Gay Pride parade in our hometown of San Francisco.
- Hotwire update30+ days ago
Today Hotwire had a little fun in support of a good cause! #RedNoseDay helps create positive change in the world by raising money for children and young people living in poverty. Learn more about how you can support here: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vI6S4