- Hotwire update6 days ago
Last week the Hotwire team spent lunch at GLIDE serving meals. GLIDE feeds more than 800,000 meals to people in need each year. http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vIfyG
- Hotwire update22 days ago
Let the climb begin! Our Hotwire team was excited to participate in the San Francisco Stairing is Caring event, where teams of 2 took turns climbing up and down a set of stairs for 45 minutes to help raise money for SF charities including the San Francisco- Marin Food bank. Our Hotwire climbers took 62,673 steps and raised $4,954.00! Way to go team!
People choose to visit Hotwire.com because they’re looking to relax and celebrate life. Incidentally, that’s the same reason people come to work here. We direct our customers to the best deals and help travel providers fill airline seats, hotel rooms and rental cars that would otherwise go unsold. So we’re involved in a fulfilling, win-win business because we know that we’re helping those who value money, just like us. To be a part of Hotwire.com, you need to love the thrill of finding that perfect deal.
Yes, we dress casual but our culture goes beyond just the dress code. Our work is based on collaboration so we need to trust each other and enjoy one another’s company. Whether it’s at a holiday party, or over an in-office ping-pong game, we never stop learning about each other. We’re smart enough to know that a quick laugh mid-meeting can go a long way later. We save our customers’ money and our employees too with comprehensive benefits, paid vacations, fitness subsidies and in the truest spirit of Hotwire, discounted travel opportunities
To deliver superior value to our travel consumers and partners and foster a fulfilling, collegial work environment for all of our employees.
Who we are
- We are travel value retailers. We offer a powerful combination of quality travel products and services at low prices.
- We are focused. Everything we do every day is for the single purpose of exceeding the expectations of our Travelers and Travel Partners.
- We are efficient and productive. We do more with less. Period.
What we value
- Each other. It’s a privilege to work with a group of such good, smart people.
- Enthusiasm. We are dedicated to our work, our travels, and pretty much everything else we do.
- Results. We take action. We get things done.
- Collaboration. Individuals don’t make great companies. Teams do.
- Fun. Without it, the rest doesn’t matter all that much.
Corporate Citizenship Program
At Hotwire, our success is fueled by a shared belief that every individual can make an impact, bringing our talents together to accomplish amazing things. Whether it’s serving communities around the world as part of our Global Day of Caring, giving in-kind consulting advice to help a charitable organization thrive, or providing grants to philanthropic initiatives worldwide, we believe in people helping people to make a difference.
Giving @ Work
Our commitment to giving back in our communities is a direct reflection of the interests and passions of our more than 14,000 employees worldwide. Read our virtual Giving Report to learn more about our giving efforts.
Our Giving Philosophy
- Corporate Charitable Partners
As a global company we are committed to supporting the life-changing work of organizations around the world like St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Free the Children through direct grants, in-kind donations, and giving campaigns.
- Matching Gift Program
Employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations are matched 1:1 up to $4,000 USD each year. In addition, employees that volunteer their time can have $15 USD per hour donated to a non-profit organization (up to $1,000 USD of their matching gifts benefit).
- Employee Volunteerism
Our employees are passionate volunteers, giving their time and talents to organizations that reflect their interests, as well as community needs. In addition, our annual Global Day of Caring event held in September provides an opportunity for employees worldwide to put work aside for a day, gathering with colleagues to make a tangible impact for local charities.
- Community Grants
Throughout the year, we provide special financial grants to a variety of charitable organizations to help deliver programs in the local communities where we have employees.
At Hotwire. we believe in a work well, live well approach and offer benefits to meet your professional, personal, and family needs. Below are samples of some of the benefits offered to our U.S. employees.
- Check-Up Time: comprehensive medical, dental, vision, prescriptions, flexible spending accounts, onsite flu shots, life and AD&D plus disability insurance, and more.
- Down Time: paid vacation at 3 weeks your first year (going up to 5 weeks based on tenure), company holidays, and sick leave.
- Travel Time: reimbursements for leisure travel each year ($250-$750 USD, depending on tenure).
- Wellness time: annual fitness reimbursement, onsite health clinic in the Bellevue HQ, biometric screenings, lifestyle management coaching program, Expert Medial Opinion service (free second opinion on a medical treatment / diagnosis), online health and wellness tools and trackers, and much more.
- Investment Time: 401(k) savings plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, plus retirement education.
- Other Perks: tuition reimbursement, transportation benefits, pet insurance, matching charitable gift program, adoption assistance, employee assistance program, group legal program, new parent benefits, employee rewards and recognition, retail discounts, employee referral bonus program, company events / activities, and no stuffy dress codes.
1 person found this helpful
I have been working at HotwirePros
Work life balance
No work from home policy
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied online – interviewed at Hotwire.Interview Details
Overall the interview process was very positive and quick. I was in consist contact with the recruiter and they were able to answer all my questions. I was interviewed by two Senior Managers, Senior Analyst and a Senior Manager for AP. Most of the questions were straight forward and were your basic interview questions. Everyone was really welcoming and friendly, which made the experience a lot of fun and not as stressful.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
- Please create and manipulate a pivot table Answer Question
Hotwire.com is a leading discount travel site with low rates on airline tickets, hotel rooms, rental cars and vacation packages. Launched in 2000, Hotwire, Inc. obtains deep discounts from its travel suppliers to help travelers book unsold airline seats, hotel rooms and rental cars. Hotwire.com is an award winning website and Hotwire, Inc. is an operating company within Expedia, Inc. For more information, visit http://www.hotwire.com. Hotwire.com operates sites in 12 countries worldwide.
Hotwire, an equal opportunity employer, offers an exciting opportunity for...