Working with us is all about inspiration, challenge, collaboration and having a say in what you do. Hotwire’s got the energy of a startup, PLUS, the stability of being part of the Expedia, Inc. family of companies -- one of the largest travel companies in the world!
As a travel company, our business gets people out of their ordinary routines and into journeys that often surpass their dreams. As part of our company culture, we are passionate about helping our customers find the best travel deals and we’re constantly talking to them to understand how we can create better travel experiences. Strong emphasis on collaboration and teamwork is the norm, not to mention that we consistently make time to celebrate our awesome accomplishments and each other.
We thrive on delivering solutions to develop our industry niche in an agile work environment. We offer an open work environment, great travel perks, company-sponsored outings, and we take the time to invest in our community through volunteerism and philanthropy. Our employees are given opportunities to focus on their career development and we have a very progressive approach to annual reviews and employee performance.
Want to be part of our close-knit team? Check out our open jobs on Glassdoor! Or learn more at www.hotwire.com.
To deliver superior value to our travel consumers and partners and foster a fulfilling, collegial work environment for all of our employees.
Who we are
- We are travel value retailers. We offer a powerful combination of quality travel products and services at low prices.
- We are focused. Everything we do every day is for the single purpose of exceeding the expectations of our Travelers and Travel Partners.
- We are efficient and productive. We do more with less. Period.
What we value
- Each other. It’s a privilege to work with a group of such good, smart people.
- Enthusiasm. We are dedicated to our work, our travels, and pretty much everything else we do.
- Results. We take action. We get things done.
- Collaboration. Individuals don’t make great companies. Teams do.
- Fun. Without it, the rest doesn’t matter all that much.
Corporate Citizenship Program
At Hotwire, our success is fueled by a shared belief that every individual can make an impact, bringing our talents together to accomplish amazing things. Whether it’s serving communities around the world as part of our Global Day of Caring, giving in-kind consulting advice to help a charitable organization thrive, or providing grants to philanthropic initiatives worldwide, we believe in people helping people to make a difference.
Giving @ Work
Our commitment to giving back in our communities is a direct reflection of the interests and passions of our more than 14,000 employees worldwide. Read our virtual Giving Report to learn more about our giving efforts.
Our Giving Philosophy
- Corporate Charitable Partners
As a global company we are committed to supporting the life-changing work of organizations around the world like St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Free the Children through direct grants, in-kind donations, and giving campaigns.
- Matching Gift Program
Employee donations to eligible non-profit organizations are matched 1:1 up to $4,000 USD each year. In addition, employees that volunteer their time can have $15 USD per hour donated to a non-profit organization (up to $1,000 USD of their matching gifts benefit).
- Employee Volunteerism
Our employees are passionate volunteers, giving their time and talents to organizations that reflect their interests, as well as community needs. In addition, our annual Global Day of Caring event held in September provides an opportunity for employees worldwide to put work aside for a day, gathering with colleagues to make a tangible impact for local charities.
- Community Grants
Throughout the year, we provide special financial grants to a variety of charitable organizations to help deliver programs in the local communities where we have employees.
At Hotwire. we believe in a work well, live well approach and offer benefits to meet your professional, personal, and family needs. Below are samples of some of the benefits offered to our U.S. employees.
- Check-Up Time: comprehensive medical, dental, vision, prescriptions, flexible spending accounts, onsite flu shots, life and AD&D plus disability insurance, and more.
- Down Time: paid vacation at 3 weeks your first year (going up to 5 weeks based on tenure), company holidays, and sick leave.
- Travel Time: reimbursements for leisure travel each year ($250-$750 USD, depending on tenure).
- Wellness time: annual fitness reimbursement, onsite health clinic in the Bellevue HQ, biometric screenings, lifestyle management coaching program, Expert Medial Opinion service (free second opinion on a medical treatment / diagnosis), online health and wellness tools and trackers, and much more.
- Investment Time: 401(k) savings plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, plus retirement education.
- Other Perks: tuition reimbursement, transportation benefits, pet insurance, matching charitable gift program, adoption assistance, employee assistance program, group legal program, new parent benefits, employee rewards and recognition, retail discounts, employee referral bonus program, company events / activities, and no stuffy dress codes.
I worked at Hotwire full-time (more than 5 years)Pros
Good place if you have a family: Nice insurance and travel perksCons
Hotwire.com barely promote people withinAdvice to ManagementAdvice
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
The process took 5+ weeks – interviewed at Hotwire in March 2014.Interview Details
The interview process it was quite long, it took 2 phone interviews, and a 5 1-1 interviews (in one day). The challenge was coordinating peoples calendars more than anything else. HR was vert responsive.Interview Questions
No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Do you know from Marketing Mix Modelling Vendors? Answer Question
Hotwire negotiates deep discounts from its travel suppliers to help travelers book unsold airline seats, hotel rooms and rental cars at significant savings. Our partners allow us access to their unsold inventory -- at big savings. By showing the name of our travel partner after customer’s book, Hotwire can get them travel deals that are significantly below published prices.
Hotwire, an equal opportunity employer, offers an exciting opportunity for bright talent looking for work that keeps them inspired. We provide competitive compensation, performance bonus and the...