- Humana update7 days ago
Don’t forget to go check out our Humana Veteran's Talent network
- Humana update9 days ago
Make your workday more fit by making exercising part of your day.
Our Dream, Your Well-being
Well-being is at our core
We believe our role in the insurance industry is to shift perceptions and move beyond being simply a provider.
To that end, we work to empower our members and help them live healthy, active and rewarding lives.
Humana has received several awards for our products, services, and business practices. Many of these awards recognize our commitment to providing guidance consumers can use to make healthcare and health benefits decisions with confidence.
At Humana, we are dedicated to ensuring that every business decision we make reflects our commitment to improving the health and well-being of our members, our associates, the communities we serve, and our planet. We consider our suppliers an extension of our company. The following Standards of Excellence outline Humana’s expectations of how our suppliers conduct business, and reflect our Corporate Social Responsibility Platform of Healthy People, Healthy Planet and Healthy Performance.
The Standards of Excellence are applicable to suppliers, vendors, contractors, consultants, agents and other providers of goods and services who do, or seek to do, business with Humana entities worldwide.People
- Encourage a diverse workforce and provide a workplace free from discrimination, harassment or any other form of abuse.
- Treat employees fairly and honestly, including with respect to wages, working hours and benefits.
- Respect human rights and prohibit all forms of forced or compulsory labor.
- Ensure that child labor is not used in any operations
- Respect employees’ right to freedom of association, consistent with local laws.
- Establish an appropriate management process and cooperate with reasonable assessment processes requested by Humana.
- Provide safe and humane working conditions for all employees.
- Encourage healthy lifestyles and offer health-improvement programs for all employees and promote health-related events and activities in the local community.
- Carry out operations with care for the environment and comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Deliver products and services meeting applicable quality and safety standards.
- Actively participate in sustainability, carbon footprint reduction, and other environmentally oriented programs.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the countries of operation.
- Compete fairly for our business, without paying bribes, kickbacks or giving anything of value to secure an improper advantage.
- Observe Humana’s policies regarding gifts and entertainment and conflicts of interest when dealing with Humana associates.
- Keep financial books and records in accordance with all applicable legal, regulatory and fiscal requirements and accepted accounting practices.
- Promote, utilize and measure engagement of small and diverse suppliers.
A rich history of looking ahead
Humana: A history of innovation
Throughout our history, Humana has always been one step ahead, constantly evolving with the changing world of healthcare. It is our proactive, forward-thinking approach that has allowed us to not only meet the needs of our customers, but also provide a challenging and exciting work experience for our associates.
What's important to us
Drawing on more than 50 years of experience , we push forward with a noble purpose that inspires and instills pride. When it comes to helping people achieve lifelong well-being, the possibilities are endless. We're always looking for innovative ways to reach our customers where they are, to know them as individuals and to engage them in ways that are meaningful. To be truly successful, we need to create an emotional connection with people. When we achieve that, they benefit, and so does Humana.
We know our success is created by our people. At Humana, associates find themselves in a community of genuinely caring people. Our sense of integrity defines how we think, feel, and act. Humana associates build sincere relationships where they are connected and collaborative, and feel comfortable and respected. We listen to one another, to our customers and our members. And our conversations are authentic. As we reach out to change health care, we sometimes change one another!
Change is in our DNA. We were founded in Louisville, Kentucky in 1961 by two young lawyers who had a dream — David A. Jones and Wendell Cherry — to create a nursing home where patients would be treated like family. Since then, Humana continues to transform to keep pace with changing times and evolving customer needs — nursing homes, hospitals, health benefits companies, to where we are today: a health solutions company focused on helping people achieve lifelong well-being.
Humana recognizes that each associate is unique, and we encourage you to unlock your potential by applying your skills, leveraging your strengths, and pursuing your interests. We give you the tools, the knowledge, the guidance, and the freedom to get involved right from the start. We not only seek diversity in culture and heritage but in experience and knowledge. We know that seeing a situation from a different perspective often leads to better solutions.
Find your opportunity
You’re looking for something different
At Humana, we have a noble purpose: Lifelong well-being for everyone. But our dream of lifelong well-being is not simply a statement or a goal. It is a movement.
You will have a career within a stable industry and environment that supports your professional and personal growth. You’ll find a culture that makes it easier to become healthier, happier, and more productive in all facets of your life. You will be part of a larger network of people on a similar course as you, you will inspire each other to achieve higher goals, and support each other the whole way. You will achieve success for yourself and your family and, simultaneously, contribute to the well-being of customers and colleagues. You will reach your personal best inside and outside of work.
You were looking for something different and you found it. Humana — an environment where you’ll be respected as a whole person and inspired to achieve your full potential.
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Humana full-time (More than 3 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookRecommendsPositive Outlook
I work with very smart people. The employee benefits are out of this world. You receive 23 PTO days your first year.
A lot of the job descriptions do not tell you anything about with the actual job is.
Advice to Management
My manager doesn't have this problem, but my understanding is there are a lot of managers who aren't really good at being managers. So my advice would be to those who manage managers ask yourself if this person is cut out for leadership.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Humana (Tampa, FL).
submitted resume on website, pre-recorded phone interview, then face to face interview...spoke with 2 supervisors then manager...interview questions were behavioral..they will send you an email preparing you for the interview also the questions they ask are in the email..Read the email it is very important..they want to check if you follow directions!
- have you ever dealt with a difficult employee and if so how do you conduct yourself? 2 Answers
the more experience the better the offer will be
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in...
Mission: The heart of Humana’s business is health and well-being. We know people’s health and well-being starts long before they see a doctor. It matters long before they begin...