Huron Consulting Group (NASDAQ: HURN) helps clients in diverse industries improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory changes, recover from distress and stimulate growth.
Our professionals employ their expertise in finance, operations, strategy, analytics, and technology to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized advice and solutions that are tailored to address each client's particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results. Huron has six main areas of practice: Business Advisory, Education, EPM & Analytics, Healthcare, Legal and Life Sciences. Learn more at www.huronconsultinggroup.com.
Huron's main business areas include:
Huron Business Advisory resolves complex business issues and enhances value with a full suite of services for middle-market companies and larger businesses, including forensic investigations, transaction advisory, restructuring and turnaround, interim management, capital raising, operational improvement, and valuation. Our senior-level team members have vast experience in a range of industries, who quickly analyze a business situation and apply our knowledge to finding a workable solution.
Huron Education is the premier provider serving the unique needs of the higher education industry. Our team of professionals, each with extensive knowledge and experience in the business of higher education and academic medical centers, draw from their experience working in the strategic, financial, operational, technology, and regulatory aspects of higher education to provide the most effective consulting and software solutions.
Huron’s Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) and Analytics practice delivers solutions that enable organizations to manage and optimize their financial performance, operational efficiency, and client experience. With expertise in full-service enterprise performance management (EPM), business analytics, customer relationship management (CRM), and big data professional services, Huron helps global clients across industries drive results and gain competitive advantage
Huron Healthcare is the premier provider of performance improvement and clinical transformation solutions for hospitals and health systems. By partnering with clients, Huron delivers solutions that improve quality, increase revenue, reduce expenses, and enhance physician, patient, and employee satisfaction across the healthcare enterprise. Clients include leading national and regional integrated healthcare systems, academic medical centers, community hospitals and physician practices.
Huron Legal provides advisory and business services to assist law departments and law firms to enhance organizational effectiveness and reduce legal spend. Huron Legal advises on and implements strategy, organizational design and development, outside counsel management, operational efficiency, and discovery solutions, and provides services relating to the management of matters, contracts, documents, records, digital evidence and e-discovery.
Huron Life Sciences serves pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies, healthcare providers, academic medical centers and the law firms and investment firms that support these organizations to achieve financial, operational, and strategic objectives.
© 2015 Huron Consulting Group Inc. All Rights Reserved. Huron is a management consulting firm and not a CPA firm, and does not provide attest services, audits, or other engagements in accordance with standards established by the AICPA or auditing standards promulgated by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (“PCAOB”). Huron is not a law firm; it does not offer, and is not authorized to provide, legal advice or counseling in any jurisdiction.
Our mission is to serve our clients by providing the highest quality professional services that address their business issues. We attract, recruit, and retain the most knowledgeable and passionate professionals, and we provide a collaborative culture that enables them to thrive professionally and personally. We deliver superior financial results to the investment community while contributing to the communities in which we live and work.
Our vision is to be the most trusted and respected professional services firm recognized by our clients for delivering excellence.
Our values: Huron’s values capture the essence of who we are, how we interact with others, and how we conduct business. Simply, it’s our unwavering commitment to always do the right thing by our clients, our people, and our communities.
Integrity - We do the right thing regardless of the consequences.
Pursuit of Excellence - We continually strive to exceed the expectations of our people and our clients.
Accountability - We take responsibility for individual and collective actions.
Collaboration - We work together to achieve collective and individual goals.
Passion - Our energy and enthusiasm are contagious. We are inspired to make a lasting impact.
The foundation for success in the consulting industry lies in finding and retaining the best talent available. At Huron, our product is our people, their relationship building skills, their strong technical and business expertise, and their innovative thinking. It's our people, not the services, who identify and connect with clients, and it's our people who understand client needs and can deliver services that drive results.
- Holidays: Huron recognizes 7 paid holidays each calendar year.
- Paid Time-Off: Allows employees to take time off for vacation, personal responsibilities, and sick time.
- Wellness is a strong part of our culture and we encourage employees to establish healthier lifestyles through our various wellness initiatives. Wellness can take the form of physical, intellectual, social, emotional and financial wellness. The focus is to support employees in trying to keep it all in balance. We offer free preventative health evaluations annually, a virtual weight loss program which caters to the busy professional, companywide wellness workshops, and more.
Wellness Reimbursement Account
- This program provides for reimbursement of up to $300 annually for various wellness expenses such as gym memberships, spa treatments, housekeeping services, back-up child-care and much more.
Travel Recognition Benefit Program
- Qualified employees receive an additional award to recognize some of the challenges related to significant out-of-town travel and its impact on family and friends and to promote a better balance between work and personal time.
Employee Assistance Program
- This program provides confidential counseling and referral services for Huron employees and their dependents. It includes assistance with various work/life needs such as child-care placement, college searches, elder care, and much more.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Huron offers three medical plans: a PPO, an HMO and a High Deductible Health Plan with Aetna.
- Huron offers a passive PPO plan with MetLife.
- Huron offers a vision plan with VSP.
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Paid Parental Leave
Life Insurance and AD&D
Spouse and Dependent Life Insurance
Business Travel Accident Insurance
Retirement Savings Plan – 401(k)
- Voluntary savings and investment plan in which employees can make pre-tax or after-tax Roth contributions and receive a dollar-for-dollar company matching contribution up to 6% of their earnings. The Company match is fully vested after only two years of employment.
Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- These accounts allow employees to use pre-tax dollars for eligible healthcare and dependent care expenses.
- This allows employees to use pre-tax dollars for eligible commuter costs, including public transportation and parking.
Other Income Opportunities
Cash Incentive Plan
- To support Huron's pay for performance culture, this annual program is designed to reward employees based on the achievement of individual, practice, and Huron performance goals
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- This annual program allows employees to purchase Huron stock with a 25% restricted company match.
Employee Referral Program
- This program rewards employees for referring new employees who are hired at Huron.
- Spot Awards recognize employees who go above and beyond their work duties to help Huron meet its business goals.
Other Employee Benefit Programs
Pre-paid Legal Plan
- Huron's legal plan gives employees access to a large network of attorneys for telephone advice and consultation on most personal matters, including assistance with the preparation of wills, powers of attorney, promissory notes, mortgages, and more.
Auto & Home Insurance
- Employees can take advantage of group rates and special discounts on various auto and home insurances including homeowners, renters, and umbrella coverage.
- Offers group rates on pet insurance that provides coverage from wellness care to significant medical incidents.
- Free access to online national resource tool designed to assist employees with finding national qualified care providers.
Adoption Assistance Program
- Provides for reimbursement for eligible adoption related expenses up to $2,500 per year, and additional leave time to bond with your child.
Note: Benefit packages may vary based on the Huron hiring entity.
Managing Your Career at Huron Consulting Group
Huron provides the opportunities, experiences, and tools that enable each employee to shape his or her career and achieve excellence for themselves, our clients, and the organization. Huron's success is dependent upon each person performing at a level that delivers great value to our clients. Our employees benefit from continuous skill development by taking on assignments critical to business objectives and by participating in learning activities within the firm.
Orientation Programs for Experienced and Campus Hires
Huron offers two Orientation programs. New, experienced hires attend a two-day orientation program which provides an opportunity to learn about the history of Huron, resources and programs available to employees and the opportunity to network with peers, colleagues and leadership. For employees hired through the campus recruiting process, Huron provides a week-long orientation program, designed to give campus hires the tools they need to make a successful transition from college life to Huron and the consulting industry.
Huron offers a comprehensive leadership development suite, comprised of 2 distinct units: Managing Director (MD) and Senior Director (SD) development programs and Milestone promotion schools. Each program is designed to raise leadership acumen across the organization and create leaders of the future.
MD/SD Development Programs:
Combines group project work, exploration and practice of key leadership skills, and examining personal strengths and challenges via behavioral assessment, coaching and mentoring. Participants are chosen through a rigorous selection process.
Celebratory promotion schools at 3 key leadership levels – Manager, Director and Managing Director. These schools are open to those that are recently promoted and recent experienced hires. At each of these schools, participants spend three days networking, learning together and focusing on the transition to a new leadership role. Each program includes a guest speaker, evening activities, celebratory dinners and participation from executive leadership.
Huron offers over 125 programs each year to all employees. Training is not required at Huron, but is encouraged, as it aligns with each individual's performance goals for the year. We offer a wide variety of training, including consulting, technical, and leadership skills.
Huron values consideration of the pursuit of certifications. Advancing knowledge in this regard is beneficial when the certification aligns with development goals, improves work quality to clients, and supports the business needs of Huron.
Huron offers all employees two memberships per year to the professional societies of their choice, most closely related to their career. Professional societies offer many benefits to members by providing corroboration of an individual's skills and enhancing Huron's marketing efforts by demonstrating the depth of expertise and credentials we can bring to clients' business issues. Other benefits include communicating industry news, serving to build networks within professional industries, and offering opportunities to share and foster knowledge with individuals that are in similar roles. We believe professional societies are invaluable to our people as our business grows and the skills demanded in the market change.
Our holistic learning strategy reflects the combination of customized, internally delivered programs, vendor-led programs and participation in external training programs, to meet the diverse needs and skill sets of our evolving businesses.
Huron is competitive in the market place with Tuition Reimbursement for our employees.Individuals accepted into the top schools in the nation, are performing at optimal levels, and who have tenure of two years or more with Huron are able to apply for acceptance into the program. Each application is considered on a case by case basis.
Huron Consulting Group Photos
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Huron Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)RecommendsPositive OutlookDisapproves of CEORecommendsPositive OutlookDisapproves of CEO
1. Click Portal service line leaders promote work-life balance. People work hard (40 hrs a week is avg. if you are efficient at work) and get enough time to enjoy their lives outside work. 2. People who have been here for a long-time are very inspiring. 3. We do a great amount of community work. Keep it up! 4. Take as many PTOs as consider reasonable :-)
1. Short term bookings and irregularity in billable work causes insecurity and other fear. 2. Managers and below don't have a say in what projects they would work on. This leads to a disconnect from the motto that Huron promotes building your own career.
Advice to Management
For the past 3 years we have been hiring a lot of directors and above from outside. We should rather encourage and enable people from inside to earn such promotions.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Helpful (1)Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days – interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).
The interviews are ridiculously easy. They make it abundantly clear what you'd be doing all day - even if it's not that interesting. Everyone follows up, and I mean EVERYONE. Recruiter, hiring manager, interviewer, future colleague, recruiter's friend - everyone. It's overwhelming even. Then you get the offer and realize they pay so far below industry standards that you feel compelled to turn down the offer on the spot. You thank them half-heartedly, and then sit for about three hours. In the meantime, no less than eight people have followed up. You realize you don't to work in a culture where eight people in a company have time to follow up on one interview - also you want to be paid what you're worth. And then you turn down your offer.
- How did you deal with a challenge? Answer Question
Focused on strategy, finance, operations and technology, Huron helps global clients improve performance, comply with complex regulations and reduce costs by delivering measurable, sustainable results. Learn more at www.huronconsultinggroup.com
Mission: Our mission is to serve our clients by providing the highest quality professional services that address their business issues. We attract, recruit, and retain the most knowledgeable and passionate professionals, and we provide a collaborative culture that enables them to thrive professionally and personally. We deliver superior financial results to the investment community while contributing to the communities in which we live and work.