Looking for a career at a company which will support you, challenge you and help you grow? IG Group can provide that.
We’re the market leader in financial derivatives trading, with a focus on innovation and advanced IT development. We’re
also one of Britain’s Top Employers, a seven-year trend we
intend to continue.
The majority of our thousand-strong staff are based in the heart of London, just a couple of steps from Cannon Street Station.
If you’re looking for opportunities further afield, we have international jobs in fifteen other cities around the globe, including Chicago, Melbourne, Paris, Singapore and Johannesburg.
What can we offer?
We’re a fast-growing, stable company, consistently in the top five FTSE® 250 firms on profit per head. There are a number of career opportunities available across our main departments:
| || |
IG offers a competitive salary, a performance-related bonus and a generous Scottish Widows pension.
We also support our staff in a number of other ways. We offer:
| || |
We recognise that salary is important and pay median- to upper-quartile salaries with an attractive benefits package.
- IG contributes 10% into the pension if the employee contributes 5%. This is done as a salary sacrifice with tax benefits as approved by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
- All staff are eligible for a variety of insurance packages from their first day of employment, including private medical cover, permanent health insurance and life assurance
- There are 25 days annual holiday in addition to the statutory bank holidays, with the flexibility to buy or sell five days per leave year
- IG will reimburse 50% of the costs of employees' annual gym subscription and provide an interest-free loan for an annual travelcard
- Free fruit daily and 'coffee bar standard' coffee
- A share incentive plan has been awarded annually to all our UK employees since 2006, matching shares one-to-one up to £1500 per annum
- HMRC-approved tax and national insurance saving on purchasing a bicycle for cycling to work (current HMRC policy)
- Employees with children can claim and pay for childcare vouchers, which are free of tax and national insurance, and these can go towards the cost of a registered child minder, nursery or after-school club or play scheme (current HMRC policy)
- We host a Christmas party for our employees at the end of each year, to thank them for all their hard work
IG Group Holdings is a London-based company with a global presence. The Group offers a number of services through our award-wining platforms.
IG Index was founded in 1974 to enable people to trade the price of gold as an index rather than trading the commodity itself, making the market far more accessible and removing the prohibitive costs surrounding commodity trading. Thus IG Index was born.
The company expanded rapidly, underpinned by market-leading technology which supported round-the-clock client trading. IG Index became the first spread betting firm to introduce online dealing in 1998, capitalising on the emergence of the internet and an increased awareness of investment products. The company became IG Group in 2000.
IG Markets, IG Markets Japan and Nadex were all added to the Group as it continued to grow and it is now one of the UK's top 200 firms and is listed on the FTSE 250. The Group has also developed internationally, opening 15 offices across the world in the last 12 years.
A New Milestone
In September 2012, we took a major step in the Group’s continuing evolution, bringing together IG Index and IG Markets to establish a single, global identity: 'IG'.
The creation of a single IG has significantly enhanced our ability to provide a consistently excellent service to clients around the world. It is a move that reflects and reinforces our status as a global market-leader. It also provides a platform on which we can continue to progress – delivering more of the kind of innovations and improvements that have made IG Group a global leader in online trading.
Innovation and technology
Product and technological innovation have been key elements of the Group's successful development. As pioneers of financial derivatives trading online, our businesses have repeatedly broken new ground, helping IG Group as a whole to become a highly successful business.
One of the cornerstones of IG Group's success is our multiple-award-winning, browser-based trading platform, which lets clients trade quickly and securely. The platform takes millions of trades each month, with around five million trades placed each month during 2013.
Our trading platform combines reliability, even during periods of intense client activity, with a huge range of resources and cutting-edge trading technology. An intuitive trading interface and a fully customisable layout allow clients to optimise our platform according to their trading strategies.
Some of the Group's other key innovations include:
- Mobile technology: powerful tools for mobiles and smartphones, including the iPhone
- Price improvement: a unique tool that offers clients the best price in volatile markets
- Deal-through charts: advanced, real-time charts that let clients trade directly from the chart
- PureDMA: the UK’s first browser-based direct market access (DMA) service
- MTFs: we source multiple price feeds to ensure clients get the best prices
Our commitment to outstanding trading technology that is as reliable as it is powerful sets us apart from our competitors and ensures IG Group's status as a true market leader.
We regularly recruit graduates into several areas of our business. Check back regularly to see what's on offer.
Business areas where we are currently seeking graduate applicants are listed below:
To qualify for any of our programmes you will need to have attained a 2:1 in your degree and 300 UCAS points (or equivalent). Please read the programme details for specific information relating to degree subject requirements and /or work experience.
If you have completed your degree outside of the UK you will need to ensure that your overall numerical grade is equivalent to a 2:1 degree. The National Recognition Information Centre for the United Kingdom (UK NARIC) is a national agency under license to the UK Government. It is the official source of information and advice on comparing international qualifications from over 180 countries with those of the UK. For further guidance, please visit the NARIC website.
Permission to work in the UK
IG Group is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from candidates regardless of nationality but applicants must meet the eligibility requirements laid out by the United Kingdom Borders Agency (UKBA) in order to be able to work in the UK.
RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I worked at IG full-time (Less than a year)
Great place to work, I would reccomend anyone and everyone work there. Do you like to have fun then this should be a blast for
Lots of hours but well worth every minute. Be advised to have some fun when working and working. There is plenty of opportunity to groe too.
Advice to Management
Keep up the good work!
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took a week. I interviewed at IG (London, England (UK)).
All in all very nice & kind atmosphere. After short phone screening (few questions about my experience and technologies) I was invited for live interview with senior dev and one of the managers which took about 1,5 hour. After discussing my previous work I was asked to do simple kata, similar to the ones you can find on web sites with coding exercises.
- Draw the architecture of one of the systems you were developing. Coding exercise (Google allowed). Answer Question
IG Group Holdings lets you take a gamble on the stock market. The firm's IG Index spread-betting operation allows investors to speculate on share prices, currencies, and interest rates. Spread betting is an alternative to conventional dealing in shares, futures, and currencies. Other offerings include binary betting, contracts for difference (CFD), and foreign exchange trading. In the US, it offers retail exchange options through its Nadex platform. The company mostly appeals to retail clients but also counts market professionals and corporations among its customers ...