IPC is the nation’s leading provider of hospital medicine and related facility-based services. Our
providers deliver high quality inpatient care efficiently and cost-effectively, supported by IPC-Link®, the most sophisticated, comprehensive physician software technology available today.
IPC employs over 1,400 full time hospitalists in 28 states. To support our providers, IPC offers management and administrative services such as billing and collections, recruitment, marketing, training and education. A pioneer in the field of hospital medicine and related facility-based services, IPC has a well-earned reputation as a leader in quality and innovation.
One of the reasons IPC has grown to be one of the largest hospitalist companies in the U.S. is our dedication to building a team of hospitalists who are truly devoted to providing quality care and committed to serving patients. Our Career Center provides information about current opportunities, training, education and our leadership program.
IPC operates practice groups across the country and we are constantly adding new locations. We’ve created a practice map to make it easy to see where we practice so you can learn more about those areas.
IPC remains the hospitalist group of choice because we never lose sight of the needs of our hospitalists. We understand that having a secure career path that provides opportunities for advancement is an important differentiator for our company. IPC is proactive in working with its hospitalists to advance their careers in many ways:
- Become practice group leaders
- Lead Joint Operating Committee meetings with our hospital clients
- Become chief of staff within their facility
- Appointments to medical directorships
With practice groups operating throughout the country, our providers have the flexibility to apply their enhanced skills to new geographic locations if they choose to move their place of practice to other facilities across town or across the country.
IPC's Leadership Program includes:
- IPC's exclusive Fellowship in Hospitalist Leadership offered by the University of California at San Francisco only to IPC Practice Group Leaders
- Regularly scheduled national leadership conferences
- Monthly regional meetings/training sessions
- Weekly practice meetings
- Advanced Practice Group Leader training
- Participation with External Leadership Programs
- Involvement in numerous commitees
IPC believes that hospitalist training and development is a critical and rapidly evolving priority. We provide a comprehensive program that has been developed and refined over the past 18 years.
- Our new-hire training program teaches appropriate billing and coding, medical records documentation, risk management and healthcare economics. IPC also offers CME programs designed to maintain and enhance skills in other key areas such as clinical leadership and communications.
- Each IPC hospitalist receives extensive orientation prior to seeing patients in the hospital. One of the key components to this program is our proprietary training modules that are designed and maintained under the supervision of our clinical leadership team.
- Each new IPC hospitalist participates in a structured orientation and onboarding program on site at their facility. The program is customized for each hospitalist and may last 1-2 weeks, depending on local needs, and often takes place before the hospitalist begins seeing patients.
- New hires are invited to attend an intensive three-day Leadership Retreat held at our corporate headquarters. Skill-building programs often include leadership training, communication skills, team-building, patient safety patient satisfaction and other related topics.
IPC hospitalists are providers who have made a deliberate decision about their career: to pursue hospital medicine with passion and focus. That is why they choose the leader in hospital medicine.
IPC's practice groups desire hospitalists who are:
- Committed to joining a highly dedicated medical team
- Well trained and continually adding to their knowledge base
- Intent on developing close working relationships with hospital staff and administration
- Serious about striving for excellence in the practice of hospital medicine
Desire to be the best is a great motivator. Hospitalists who possess that desire will flourish with IPC and enjoy all the benefits and rewards of a long and satisfying career.
Nurse Practitioners and Physicians Assistants
Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants have been an integral part of the IPC hospitalist practice groups for many years. With over 100 NPs and PAs currently on staff and growing, IPC is experienced in integrating their unique skills into hospitalist practice groups to maximize their contributions to the practice as well as the patients they serve. IPC promotes an environment of partnership and teamwork between clinicians through regular communication and participation as true members of the practice group. Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners are highly valued by the IPC physicians for the extra level of quality care they can provide to their patients and will surely play a larger role in the company’s clinical practices in the future.
IPC Healthcare Photos
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at IPC Healthcare full-timePros
Leadership preaches that a commitment to our facility partners (hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, etc.) means putting their unique needs ahead of business growth activities. That requires us to set aside pure revenue-generating activities in order to participate in quality meetings, strategy sessions and other improvement related activities. Creating good partnerships that focus on long-term relationships is the key.
On the strictly business side, IPC provides associates with the support of a large organization and the freedom to engage your local market with an entrepreneur's spirit.Cons
Nothing that exceeds the usual work-related frustrations.Advice to ManagementAdvice
Continue the recent efforts to leverage the scale of IPC's relationships, metrics and clinical expertise. The market needs increased understanding that IPC is positioned to meet the challenges of change.RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Application Details
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IPC Healthcare.Interview Details
I was first interviewed in-person by the hiring manager. In the second phase, I was then interviewed on the phone by two individuals that were part of the team. Following those interviews, I received my offer and within two weeks, I was happily in my new position with IPC. The interview, hiring and on-boarding process was completely seamless.Interview Questions
Negotiation DetailsVery smooth negotiation phase.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- They asked me typical questions for an interview. Answer Question
IPC Healthcare, Inc. is the nation’s leading provider of hospital medicine, post-acute services and related facility-based services. Our providers deliver high quality inpatient care efficiently and cost-effectively, supported by IPC-Link®, the most sophisticated, comprehensive physician software technology available today. IPC employs over 1,800 clinicians in 27 states. To support our providers, IPC offers management and administrative services such as billing and collections, recruitment, marketing, training and education. A pioneer in the field of hospital medicine...