At Infinera, we are redefining optical networking.
Infinera is enabling network operators to deliver vast amounts of bandwidth with greater ease. Whether for the long-haul core, metro, or emerging high-capacity metro cloud, Infinera Intelligent Transport Networks™ help carriers exploit the increasing demand for cloud-based services and datacenter connectivity as they advance into the Terabit Era.
Infinera Intelligent Transport Networks enable network operators to create rich end-user experiences based on efficient, high-capacity transport. Today, Infinera offers carriers, MSO/cable operators and Internet Content Providers (ICPs) the optical network platform of choice for ease-of-use, dramatic scaling, low cost of ownership and unparalleled reliability.
Today, over 135 customers in more than 72 countries rely on Infinera Intelligent Transport Networks to differentiate their services, protect their investment and lower operating expense as they scale their network.
Infinera is enabling the connected world by bringing automation, convergence and scalability to the optical network layer. Infinera Intelligent Transport Networks are designed to provide significant advantages over traditional systems, including:
- Operating simplicity and cost savings: Intelligent software control allows end-users flexible management and control of their own network services and is designed to simplify network planning, engineering and operation; consume less power; enable simplified testing and improve system reliability;
- Enhanced revenue generation: Infinera platforms lower the cost of optical to electrical to optical conversion, which enables our customers to access markets cost-effectively that had previously not been served due to cost constraints. We also believe that the our platforms enable communications service providers to add customers and provision new services more rapidly than traditional systems; and
- Capital cost savings: Infinera’s platforms incorporate the functionality of more than 60 discrete optical components into a single photonic integrated circuit (PIC) pair, reducing capitalexpenditures and the physical space required for a given amount of optical network capacity.
At the core of the Infinera Intelligent Transport Network is a breakthrough semiconductor technology, the PIC. Basically a network on a chip, the PIC solves the cost, power dissipation, reliability and physical space issues in communications. The PIC provides massive WDM capacity in small power and space footprints to handle growing bandwidth needs, while allowing transport networks to scale in other dimensions. By solving the costly translation between the electrical and optical domains, long an albatross of network economics, the PIC enables DWDM optical transport networks to be more responsive to the digital services they carry.
The commercially-deployed, large scale PICs transmit and receive up to 500 Gigabits per second, or Gbps, of optical capacity and incorporate the functionality of more than 600 discrete optical functions into a pair of indium phosphide chips approximately the size of a child’s fingernail.
Ifinera Intelligent Transport Network solutions include:
Infinera Intelligent Transport Networks offer strategic business value to customers and protect investments for the next decade.
Today our innovation continues. Buoyed by our success and fueled by our vision, we are confidently reshaping what the network is, what it can do, and ultimately, what it will be.
At Infinera, we are working to redefine the network but our people define us. We're committed to building a community of talented individuals who value ingenuity, team work and integrity. Here, you'll have the opportunity to work alongside highly respected industry leaders; your contributions will be welcomed; and you'll play an active part in our success.
Imagine being part of a team that is fundamentally changing the way people communicate. Utilizing our differentiated technology, we have created Intelligent Transport Networks with more speed, capacity and scalability than ever before. Imagine a world with unlimited bandwidth. The network of tomorrow will allow for content and creativity limited only by its users' imaginations.
Infinera is a conglomerate of exceptional people from all different backgrounds. Some have come from colossal organizations where their contributions were glossed over. Some of them came from small companies where there was no team to encourage their growth and progression. At Infinera, all of them have found a dynamic environment that fosters creativity, professional development and collaboration.
As the global demand for bandwidth increases, Infinera will continue to provide the scalability required to support this growth. To ensure that Infinera is at the forefront of digital transport technology, our workplace will always be a breeding ground for ideas designed to transform the industry.
One of the best things about working at Infinera is our office culture. Employees at Infinera vary widely in terms of race, gender, national origin and ethnicity, but they share certain traits, attributes and experiences that contribute significantly to the world class status of our team.
Our culture here at Infinera is unique. We think the following statements will help give you a picture of what working for Infinera is like.
- At Infinera, we pride ourselves on being a "just do it" culture. We roll up our sleeves and we get stuff done. Regardless of title, regardless of level, we work as a team and we make things happen.
- We're courageous and we take risks. We rely on data and our experience to prove a point. We don't have all the answers, but we're committed to finding the right ones to the important questions our customers ask.
- We're not always flashy, in fact, we value simplicity and humility. We're looking for the smartest, most economic solution.
- We ask people to come up to speed quickly and to work hard. To jump in and make a difference. To be persistent and resilient. If you see something that needs to be done, don't wait to be asked or told, just do it.
- We're learning to celebrate our successes. Sometimes taking the time to recognize a job well done is almost as rewarding as the satisfaction that comes from doing it.
Our team members can typically be described as:
- Highly-educated, skilled, or experienced in their functional area of expertise
- Possessing fresh minds with new ideas that think outside the box
- Self-sufficient idea-drivers who know how to make things happen, get things done, and are not afraid to go the extra mile
- Intensely committed individuals, dedicated to successfully completing what they've started, regardless of the task
- Flexible and agile in their approach to problem solving, and always looking for new ways to solve problems and create innovative solutions
- Team players and great communicators who check their egos at the door and believe in the possibility and power of our collective success
- Risk takers who want to be part of something that is new and cutting edge
What does working for Infinera say about you? It says that your peers recognize you as being among the best in your field. We believe that brilliant minds, working together, create brilliant things and that really meaningful work is accomplished in teams. When you work among colleagues who respect you, challenge you and raise your expectations of what you expect from a company, then you're in the right place. If this sounds like you, here are some other things to think about as you look into our company.
Work that matters.
By choosing a career at Infinera, you're opening yourself up to a new way of life, where talent, respect, and camaraderie matters; where you'll have the greatest opportunities to work on the greatest projects with the greatest people; to change the way the world connects and to be part of the next big networking revolution.
You'll join a team of peers and legends.
Infinera's team is a bit of a who's who in the optical world. From brilliant industry leaders to legends-in-the-making, the halls of Infinera are teeming with the kinds of people that you want to be around and will enjoy working with daily simply because of their passion for what they do.
Opportunity to rise to the top... again and again.
You'll welcome the challenges of facing a new set of values, a new set of responsibilities and a new team. Here, each of us knows that our reputations only get us as far as the last project, and that building the respect of our peers while creating innovative technology is an ongoing and personally fulfilling process.
1 person found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Infinera full-time (more than 5 years)Pros
Great leaders, very positive culture. Lots of challenging work to do. Some great products and a very interesting road map.Cons
Decision making can be too centralized. Was hard at times to follow the trail of decision making - things would change and sometimes you would not know whyAdvice to ManagementAdvice
Delegate more authorityRecommendsPositive Outlook
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- Interview Details
had a phone interview for the first week. Contacted by the HR the second week to arrange a onsite interview. The interview starts with a 45 min tech talk, and followed by one on one interview by around a dozen people with 30 min each.Interview Questions
No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Some technical questions related to the coherent communication concept Answer Question
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –
We founded our company for the sole purpose of bringing the advantages of digital networking to the optical layer. And node by node, network by network, continent by continent, we're doing precisely that.
Mission: Infinera has just one mission: to build the world's most innovative network solutions to help our customers win.
For some of our customers, that translates into the...