Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels. Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles. Yeah, we all have favorite things. At Instructure, these are ours.
CANVAS ISN’T JUST A PRODUCT.
It’s an educational revolution. It’s a powerful new way to–pardon our optimism–change the world. And, yes, there’s an industry-pushing learning management system used (and loved) by millions of passionate students and teachers in there too.
BRIDGE IS THE REBUTTAL TO LOUSY, BORING CORPORATE TRAINING.
It’s the new key to employee engagement—simple, modern, and easy to implement, author, and use. It might even be a little fun (don’t tell HR). Let’s change the way we do corporate learning. Down with the yawn-inspiring, groan-inducing era. Up with the engaging, streamlined, simple era. The Bridge era.
INSTRUCTURE QUICK FACTS-
- Founded in 2008
- Launched Canvas in 2011
- Launched Canvas K-12 and Canvas Network in 2012
- Launched Canvas Commons in 2014
- Launched Bridge in 2015
- 550+ employees
- Canvas is used by over 1,200 colleges, universities and school districts
- 16+ million users
- Selected by Cisco Networking Academy to power “the world’s largest classroom”
- Investors include Bessemer Venture Partners, OpenView Venture Partners, EPIC Ventures, and Insight Venture Partnters.
- A human receptionist replaced the panda robot receptionist (or so HR claims).
Along with working with a product that is actually doing some good in the world, we also offer sweet benefits:
- 100% paid premiums on Medical (United Healthcare) and Dental (LifeMap) for you and your qualified dependents
- 100% paid premiums on Long-Term/Short-Term Disabilities and Life Insurance for you
- Vision insurance through VSP
- Lots and lots of PTO (ask us about this one)
- 9 Paid holidays
- Stock options
- 401K plan with match
- Gym membership
- Tuition reiumbursement
- Carpool program
- Flexible schedule
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly catering
- Equipment provided (we're a Mac shop)
- Highly colaborative environment; we don't really believe in offices or cubicles
- Casual dress code
Hear from some of our current employees on what their experience has been like at Instructure!
- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
I have been working at Instructure full-time (More than a year)
- Smart and talented people, some of the best and brightest that I've ever worked with. - Growing fast. Customers, product and employees. This creates a lot of opportunities. - You learn a lot. Management and peers all care about making things better for customers and employees. Almost everyone is willing to teach you about stuff you may not know.
- Fast paced. Con for some but not for others. - There are a lot of things going on and sometimes things get crazy.
Advice to Management
Keep up the good work. Keep communicating everything you can. Keep listening to concerns and empower those on the ground to fix them.
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Instructure (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2015.
Instructure is touted as one of the top companies in Utah. Going to their building is impressive. Everyone seemed friendly. They were very unresponsive though. Very to get back to you. They may be missing out on great talent because of how slow they are.
- How large of a dataset have you worked with? Answer Question
Instructure makes smart software that makes smarter people. It all started with Canvas in 2011 and the goal to make teaching and learning a lot easier. Today, more than 1,200 colleges, universities, and school districts around the world use (and love) Canvas. And now, in 2015, we’re launching our brand new baby, Bridge, which aims to change the way you (and, more importantly ...
Mission: Instructure makes smart software that makes smarter people.